Status
Not open for further replies.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
25mm carto tank on a vamo? Stolen from boredagain.

X3sEp8Ml.jpg

John Alexander

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2013
On the back nine
I bought an IBtanked complete tank over the summer and have tried a few times to set it up, but I can never get it to work. I tried for about the fourth time this morning, setting it up just like they do in the videos -- complete with a fresh, punched (self-primed) carto I got from them -- and still, either no vape or a tiny bit comes out. It's very frustrating. Meanwhile, my Protanks work just fine every time.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I bought an IBtanked complete tank over the summer and have tried a few times to set it up, but I can never get it to work. I tried for about the fourth time this morning, setting it up just like they do in the videos -- complete with a fresh, punched (self-primed) carto I got from them -- and still, either no vape or a tiny bit comes out. It's very frustrating. Meanwhile, my Protanks work just fine every time.

What battery device are you using? If variable voltage, what voltage setting?

What ohm cartomizers do you have?

Which priming method did you use? Condom or top fill?

John Alexander

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2013
On the back nine
What battery device are you using? If variable voltage, what voltage setting?

What ohm cartomizers do you have?

Which priming method did you use? Condom or top fill?

I've tried it on a Vamo 2 and Vamo 3. I tried some different voltage settings. Is there a recommended setting for these?

The cartos (I tried two different ones) are Smok 3.2 ohm Single Coil 2 Hole XL I ordered with the tank.

I used the top-fill method for the cartos. When I tried this morning, I used the carto alone with a drip trip and it fired up pretty well, so I put it in the tank, filled it, then... no go. I even waited for it to bubble up, hoping the carto had dried out a bit, but no luck.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I occassionally use the 3.0 ohm Smoktech single coil 2 hole, they work fine for me.

I don't understand if they are working outside the tank, why they wouldn't work inside a tank. :blink:

What is the PG/VG ratio of your juices? I've only had trouble with one juice that wouldn't wick well with two laser holes, and that was Boba's Bounty.
____

An general and easy formula for setting voltage is to take the ohm (3.0 ohm) and add the number two. (3 + 2 = 5). Set the voltage to 5, and adjust up or down to taste.

Personally, I prefer a cooler vape, so I normally set my voltage for 3.0 ohms between 3.6 - 4.2 volts, depending on the flavor. I rarely go above 4.5 volts. I get excellent flavor and vapor with those settings.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
I don't understand if they are working outside the tank, why they wouldn't work inside a tank. :blink:
Something strange going on that's not being spelled out. The only thing that comes to mind, besides the juice, is a vacuum issue or the cartos themselves.
Might want to try some 2.0Ω Boge laser slotted or IKV Platinum 2X3mm punched... if for no other reason than to eliminate the carto as the source of troubles.

Just tossing spitballs here...

John Alexander

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2013
On the back nine
Something strange going on that's not being spelled out. The only thing that comes to mind, besides the juice, is a vacuum issue or the cartos themselves.
Might want to try some 2.0Ω Boge laser slotted or IKV Platinum 2X3mm punched... if for no other reason than to eliminate the carto as the source of troubles.

Just tossing spitballs here...

I'm far from a vaping expert, so any advice is welcomed. I just tried it again after letting it sit all day (hoping the carto was try), just got a very bubbly draw with almost no vapor.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
I'm far from a vaping expert, so any advice is welcomed. I just tried it again after letting it sit all day (hoping the carto was try), just got a very bubbly draw with almost no vapor.
And if you pull this same carto from the tank... then what? Do it... right now. What do you get? If it's the same, its the carto or contact. If it's great, then I'm leaning into a vacuum issue, but I can't imagine why.

Bad... thoughts? :blink:

Is there any chance that the tank is sitting too low (or the carto to high) and preventing a good electrical connection? Again... spitballs. ;-)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
And if you pull this same carto from the tank... then what? Do it... right now. What do you get? If it's the same, its the carto or contact. If it's great, then I'm leaning into a vacuum issue, but I can't imagine why.

Is there any chance that the tank is sitting too low (or the carto to high) and preventing a good electrical connection? Again... spitballs. ;-)
The point is, the constants being the same carto (same connector) and the same battery device (same connector). I don't understand why it would be an electrical issue. Smoktech cartos have a flange, so the connection should be the same depth with the tank and without.

The non-constant is for some reason the carto is not working in the tank but is outside the tank. Even if its a vacuum issue, that wouldn't be noticeable until vaping some of the contents in the carto first.

Airflow issue with the carto in the tank? John, are you getting any airflow from the carto when you take a puff when the carto is in the tank? Or is it a tight pull?

Last edited:

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
Could it be that because the tank has a solid flat bottom that it is sealing along the top of the Vamo?
There needs to be some air avail to the carto near the connector.
Perhaps push the tank up the carto a tiny bit. Enough to provide some air under the tank.

See what happens

Tapatalking on iPhone.
Join the CASAA.
Protect your Vaping Rights!

John Alexander

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2013
On the back nine

I just pulled it an tried the carto alone with the same results. Maybe I'm ruining the carto when I load it into the tank?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Could it be that because the tank has a solid flat bottom that it is sealing along the top of the Vamo?
There needs to be some air avail to the carto near the connector.
Perhaps push the tank up the carto a tiny bit. Enough to provide some air under the tank.

Worth a try, but as I pointed out above; the carto's flange should allow some airspace for airflow, both with and without the tank.

John Alexander

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2013
On the back nine
The point is, the constants being the same carto (same connector) and the same battery device (same connector). I don't understand why it would be an electrical issue. Smoktech cartos have a flange, so the connection should be the same depth with the tank and without.

The non-constant is for some reason the carto is not working in the tank but is outside the tank. Even if its a vacuum issue, that wouldn't be noticeable until vaping some of the contents in the carto first.

Airflow issue with the carto in the tank? John, are you getting any airflow from the carto when you take a puff when the carto is in the tank? Or is it a tight pull?

When the carto is in the tank it's a very bubbly draw. Same now when I took it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread