Ibtanked Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
At this point, the carto is probably flooded beyond easy repair. But I'm wondering if earlier the carto was in the beginning stages of being flooded. Maybe it was working outside of the tank because the wick holes were introducing some air into the carto during pulls and allowing the coils to fire, allowing them to make vapor. But introducing it into the tank caused it to flood again, and the coils were unable to fire.

This still leads to the question on why the carto flooded in the first place. My bet is on my original diagnosis of the tank being a bad tank. tanks depend upon negative pressure to work correctly. If seals are not as tight as needed, that pressure is disrupted and can cause a carto to flood. This is fairly common to happen in cheap tanks, and why I try to steer new tank users away from purchasing too cheap of a tank.

Last edited:

John Alexander

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2013
On the back nine
My bet is on my original diagnosis of the tank being a bad tank. Tanks depend upon negative pressure to work correctly. If seals are not as tight as needed, that pressure is disrupted and can cause a carto to flood. This is fairly common to happen in cheap tanks, and why I try to steer new tank users away from purchasing too cheap of a tank.

Hmmm. I thought the IBtanked tanks were supposed to be high quality.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
IBT tanks are, generally, of very high quality and consistency. Unless the problem is blatantly obvious where measurements are not called for... without your parts in my hands, where I can take measurements to a .0002"+/- accuracy... you passing judgement on a manufacturer's possible tolerance/clearance general quality issues - is a waste of time.
If you want to go out and buy quality micrometers and calipers and take measurements - then you can, with the utmost confidence that you are accurately representing the issue, contact them and say...

"Hi IBTanked (or whom ever's product has a fitment/tolerance issue)... I have one of your tanks and it's fitment XX and XX is excessive and causing issues - please advise".

You're welcome to send the tank to me. I'll measure everything and determine if it's a tank, or carto fitment issue... and return it to you. It will only cost you postage.

SOF

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
All these pyrex tanks are hand made, sometimes they are imperfect.

They can make 500 that work perfect, and then YOU got the one that is off just a little bit.
The peeps at IBT seem to be good people, I am sure if you write them via their website they will rectify the problem. (They are at Vaporfest this weekend, so they probably can't reply till Tuesday)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

They are, but as Bernie Video pointed out, these are hand made tanks for the most part, so there's always a chance for some human intolerances. OCD makes all the tank parts himself, so imagine how many he makes and ships out a day. The guy sounds like a workaholic, and you can get a good idea of his work ethic just by his username.

It's possible that they put the wrong size o-ring on your tank. Extra o-rings are always sent with each new tank, if you want to check to see if one needs replaced. The wrong size o-ring could affect the sealing of negative pressure in the tank, causing flooding. Also, the wrong vaping technique might be to blame. Do you do gentle, long pulls while vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread