The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

IBTPro 22 Ring - Question

Discussion in 'IBTanked' started by Anarchy84, Jun 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Anarchy84

Anarchy84 Super Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Milwaukee, WI
    Hello all. Looking for a bit of feedback on the IBT Pro 22 ring. First of all let me say that the ring makes my unit look amazing, and I love it (pic below).

My only concern is I have to screw the tank on pretty tight in order to make a connection with the center pin. This pulls the carto down in the tank to the point where the opening at the top of the carto is just above the inside o-ring of the top cap (the carto end is actually slightly below the stainless steel surface of the top cap, and does not protrude out like it does without the ring installed).

Everything is perfectly snug, and looks great...but sometimes I feel as if it's putting a lot of stress on the 510 connection of the Provari. I have to screw it on pretty tight to get it to pull the carto down and make contact with the center pin. Over time I'm worried that it may cause an issue with the Provari's 510 threads.

Questions.

1) Is it normal for the ring to pull the carto end down below the surface of the top cap?

2) Have you personally used the IBTPro 22 for an extended period of time? Do you have to screw it on rather tight to make a connection?

3) Do you think this could have any effect on the Provari's 510 threads over time?

The ring makes the Provari look beautiful, I just don't want it to cause problems down the line.

Thanks,

[​IMG]

2. OCD

OCD Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jan 13, 2012
    California, Kern
    This is normal and I dont believe it will have any effect on the Provari 510 connection. The Mrs and I have been using them since we got the first prototypes in which has been quite some time now. I did alter the design on the anodized rings to make it 0.015" shorter but it still behaves the same way just not quite as drastic.

The reason for this is to simply load the orings with tension holding the tank snugly down to the ring which effectively makes the whole setup (Provari, tank and ring) all one unit.

3. Miata GT

Miata GT Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 28, 2013
    Largo, FL
    What OCD said. On the plus side it brings the draw hole closer to the bottom. No need to worry about hurting your ProVari.

4. Anarchy84

Anarchy84 Super Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Milwaukee, WI
    Great, thanks OCD. The o-rings appear to be of good quality. In your experience, how often do you have to replace them (if at all)?

Appreciate your responses. Love your tanks. I'll be purchasing more 22mm units as my budget allows. :)

5. OCD

OCD Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jan 13, 2012
    California, Kern
    Just about never on the orings. i did change a set one time that I can remember where I was having some issues with flooding, apparently I had clipped one while installing a cartomizer because as soon as I changed it all was well. Never have changed the outside ones though I never take my tank apart, I use clear liquids for the most part and figure between the anti bacterial qualities of PG and VG and the fact not much of anything is going to live in nicotine I do not wash my tanks once they are put into service. My main tank that I use 95% of the time just gets a fresh cartomizer every week or so (if I am not bein lazy) and filled once every day.

6. Anarchy84

Anarchy84 Super Member

Jun 4, 2014
    Milwaukee, WI
    Awesome. Thanks man. I've recommended your gear to everyone I know in South east Wisconsin. Hopefully it'll bring you some new business out this way.

7. ShinyMonster

ShinyMonster Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I was wondering why my new grape rings seemed to take less twists than my SS ring, now I know. This adjustment is highly appreciated as I had to stop using my favorite vase style drip tip, the gap in the rings left it prone to being knocked off. Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.