Status
Not open for further replies.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Nope nothing to with Optimus or a new Transformers but pretty cool none the less.

The 22mm tank and IBTPro 22 combination makes a very sleek device, smooth transitions and a tight fit. This means all the air for the cartomizer is supplied through those two holes in the IBTPro 22, blocking those holes shuts that air off almost completely.

This is one of those mother of necessity things for me. I had vaped a tank down this evening reflecting on the porch hedging against going in to fill it. I got to the point where the flavor changed with the slightest hint that the cartomizer was dry. That was enough to prompt me to fill the thing. Now I wanted to make sure the cartomizer was wetted before gunning full power back to it so I did a couple primer pulls and still had that slightly off flavor and no sizzle/pop.

I know I could have just dropped it into a thingy and fiddled it a little but that seemed like too much work :D Then it dawned on me that I could increase the vacuum in the tank by covering the air holes in the IBTPro 22, one try convinced me I was onto something. A few more fish lipped ala reverse Dizzy Gillespie draws and it was wet as wanted and snap crackle pop'lin full of flavor just as it had been before I ran dry.

So if you find yourself with a good but used a bit to far cartomizer, a bottle of liquid to fill with but no thingy in hand give the Provari Prime a try.

Last edited:

DHCrocks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Hawaii
I've been doing that too. doing dry pulls just didn't get enough juice flowing but covering the holes creates an air tight seal so there is no other choice but for the juice to flow into the carto. Just 1 or 2 draws with the holes covered gets enough juice in so that the top of the carto is saturated. Sometimes I'll get a flooded carto for a couple of puffs but after that it's a perfect full vape.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Just used this again. Was at my Brothers for a little while and had gone with a near empty tank so by the time I got home it was pretty dry but still working. This time I watched in the mirror and dang that makes a lot of bubbles and as we all know the air bubbles going into the tank is proportionate to the liquid going into the cartomizer.

Saw all the views on this thread this morning with no replies and wondered if this was just something that was a no brainer for most folks or if I munged the explanation leaving a confused populace wondering wth I was blabberin about :)

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Thanks Ed, folks dont always get my funny as it can tend to be outside of the norm though I am able to get a chuckle from The Mrs most days and that makes me happy :D

The Provari prime really does work a treat though. I have used it countless times since posting this just to wet up the cartomizer a bit when it seems to be running a little on the dry side.

The other thing I sometimes do is a variation on this where I will spin the IBTPro 22 so one hole is opposite the fire button. Using the thumb to fire I typically have my index finger on the Pro Ring so one hole gets covered cutting the air flow in half. If it starts running towards too wet spin it 90* Of course this works for me but thats because of how I hold the device so it makes a natural fit.

Trucha

Sep 6, 2013
NC
Thanks for the tip OCD! Really works great. Just got my first of I'm sure many of your tanks. Blue prizm with gold endcaps to match a favorite drip tip. First time carto user and maybe I am being a little "ocd" but I tend to keep checking to see if its wet. When it doesn't look very wet I use this method. Works like a charm and I'm loving the flavor and vape!

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
The cartomizer doesnt have to look wet, after using one in a tank for awhile you get the sense about how it is running by the way it is working. One of the things I notice is we tend to leave the changing a little towards the long end. This is a to each their own thing, The Mrs will go an extraordinarily long time and I have been known to lapse on this too.

When looking at the cost of replacements it seems silly to go more than a week to me to get back to that new cartomizer performance but when it just keeps working sometimes the incentive just isnt there. Using a clear liquid The Mrs often goes over a month between changes.

Glad to hear you are enjoying yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread