Status
Not open for further replies.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Hey Bu, we had a heck of hiccup last month with an issue between our shop and anodizer. Their battling ended up with our orders sitting for a month. We are just now receiving the last of caps we ordered at the end of January. Luckily we have such a wide range that running out a few colors doesnt kill us.

It seems things are all sorted now and what we are going to do moving forward is procure new stock in color groups, that is we will invoice for a color then however many of each part in that color we need. That way the anodizer is happy because they will have more parts to do in a single color and the shop is happy because we exceed the line item minimums of the anodizer.

Anyhow the reason I am explaining all of this is that the Provari rings will be coming along in color groups as we need to restock that particular color. I am going to try and go through all of them as fast as I can. I am told by the shop that the rings will be running any time now, as soon as they begin I will start sending in POs for parts, cant say right now which colors will be first as I have to do an inventory to see where we are, expect the more popular colors to be some of the first since we move a lot of those.

One other note, I made the aluminum ring fifteen thousandths shorter than the Stainless ring. I think it will seat a little easier while still putting some tension on the carto to hold the tank down. Fingers crossed on this.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
It is a nice fit isnt it? If I had my ruthers I would have made it 0.015" shorter. The Aluminum will be this way. I wanted to to put a positive pull on the cartomizer and to be completely honest there was some guessin goin on as to just where it would settle on the taper of the Provari. Obviously too short would have been a fail so I erred the other way, well it landed just where I wanted it too so it ended up being that I didnt need that little padding.

Being a little tall is really no issue other than the confusion it causes for some in thinking it doesnt work. You do have to turn a little further after the cap lands on the ring until your connection is made. But man oh man at that point its like a stretched rubber band holding the tank down to the ring.

The anodized I still have not received word on other than real soon. Not gonna happen before DC which we were homing to have them there to show off but we have sumfin else up our sleeves, always like to have new stuff for shows.

Simply Red

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
I'm here, when I'm here
I was wondering if IBTanked was discontinuing the 22mm black and red anodized caps? It's been better than three weeks since I got the email that I would be notified in a couple of weeks when the caps would be restocked. I would like to order from IBTanked but not if you're not going to restock the caps mentioned above. Thank you!

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Hi SR, I have just been going through inventory to begin getting our orders out for the new colored Provari Rings. We had to change our ordering to go by color rather than size to accommodate our anodizer. The Black and Red will both be colors that are ordered early on. The Aluminum IBTPro 22s are finished at the shop so they are ready for us to start now. I can say just how long it will take to get through the Anodizer as this has always varied but I would guess they should be back in stock within the next two weeks.

If you have signed up on the site by clicking the notify me button on an OOS item you will be sent an email by the store system when it is placed back into stock.

Simply Red

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
I'm here, when I'm here
Hi SR, I have just been going through inventory to begin getting our orders out for the new colored Provari Rings. We had to change our ordering to go by color rather than size to accommodate our anodizer. The Black and Red will both be colors that are ordered early on. The Aluminum IBTPro 22s are finished at the shop so they are ready for us to start now. I can say just how long it will take to get through the Anodizer as this has always varied but I would guess they should be back in stock within the next two weeks.

If you have signed up on the site by clicking the notify me button on an OOS item you will be sent an email by the store system when it is placed back into stock.

Thanks for the reply! :2cool:

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Finally some news here, I was able to do our inventory today and begin the process of ordering the IBTpro 22 rings in the Anodized colors. We will be starting with Black, Hot Pink and Red and will be adding Green, Grape and Old Gold sometime next week.

I have to spread these out because we are now ordering all of our parts by color and I dont need $20K of invoices due the same day. This should also make things a little easier on us in terms of restocking when we are low on a certain color once we get through this push of getting all of the IBTpro 22 colors.

This means depending on how busy the Anodizer is we could start to see these in the next couple of weeks and will have all of them well before the end of May.

ETA*** And yes the OOS Black 22s are in this current order.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
For those who used the OOS Red or Black 22mm Caps for notification on when the IBTpro 22 Anodized would come in you should have gotten an email from the system. I just put everything in stock that came in today for the Black, Red and Hot Pink orders. The Green, Grape and Old Gold should not be far behind and Blue, Orange Gold and Turquoise will be up next.

Sorry you had to be at the end BuGlen but I have to order based on where my inventory is across all of our products for each color and those other colors had OOS items on them so they got priority. Closing in though and depending on how long the anodizer takes with these next two orders we should have all colors in soon. I dont think I will be doing the clear since we already have the Stainless Steel ring.

ETA*** Almost forgot, I will get the pictures up as soon as I can.

Last edited:

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
[snip...]Sorry you had to be at the end BuGlen but I have to order based on where my inventory is across all of our products for each color and those other colors had OOS items on them so they got priority. Closing in though and depending on how long the anodizer takes with these next two orders we should have all colors in soon. I dont think I will be doing the clear since we already have the Stainless Steel ring.

ETA*** Almost forgot, I will get the pictures up as soon as I can.

No worries OCD! I'm enjoying the stainless IBTPro I have on the Provari for now, and I understand the economics involved with the finishing process. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread