iClear 16 Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerzi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Florida, USA
Always unscrew the iClear when taking it off of a device or for breakdown cleaning by holding the bottom metal rings. I have noticed the tank portion will start to separate from the bottom ring if it is unscrewed from the tank part. It might also degrade from acidic juices, not sure on that one. Not sure if it has been posted, so just giving everyone a heads up, before juice spills all over you.

elscorcho

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
Treasure Coast, FL
I had the iclear 16 separate in the same place (without having to twist it-it just came apart on its own) due to an acidic juice. The juice was a known tank cracker but I wanted to try it and had no protank. I've got several iclear16s and have never had another problem, so I'm guessing yours was due to the juice.

jerzi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Florida, USA
I had the iclear 16 separate in the same place (without having to twist it-it just came apart on its own) due to an acidic juice. The juice was a known tank cracker but I wanted to try it and had no protank. I've got several iclear16s and have never had another problem, so I'm guessing yours was due to the juice.

The one had acidic juice in it and the other one didn't, and after a little over month the one without the acidic juice is getting loose also.

How long have you used yours for without any issues?

jerzi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Florida, USA
I had terible luck with the 16's.

It seams like everything is press fit and would always leak. I found myself always straitening it out everytime I filled it.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it has been from me unscrewing it by the tank area instead of down by the rings since it's fitted like that.

I'm going to try only by the rings and see if it starts to separate at all. Luckily I was over the sink when trying to adjust it, before it leaked.

elscorcho

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
Treasure Coast, FL
The one had acidic juice in it and the other one didn't, and after a little over month the one without the acidic juice is getting loose also.

How long have you used yours for without any issues?

About two months -but I have four in rotation so they might not be getting used as heavily as yours....Thanks for the heads-up , I'll keep an eye on 'em.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Yes, always use the knurled part to unscrew, and the plastic part of the driptip.

Did you know on the iclear 30, the ball bearing unscrews in half? I'm not talking the base (which also unscrews from the top cap), but the rounded part in the middle. I thought I had broke it at first. ;)

Ah, the things you learn, and the things that can drive you mad :evil:

jerzi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Florida, USA
Yes, always use the knurled part to unscrew, and the plastic part of the driptip.

Did you know on the iclear 30, the ball bearing unscrews in half? I'm not talking the base (which also unscrews from the top cap), but the rounded part in the middle. I thought I had broke it at first. ;)

Ah, the things you learn, and the things that can drive you mad :evil:

Yeah, the mouthpiece on top is a little tight to unscrew at times also, figure I will hold it buy the top ring and top of the tank firmly so I don't cause any tension on the areas that could break apart.

I haven't used the iClear30 yet, not sure I want a clearo that big.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Always unscrew the iClear when taking it off of a device or for breakdown cleaning by holding the bottom metal rings. I have noticed the tank portion will start to separate from the bottom ring if it is unscrewed from the tank part. It might also degrade from acidic juices, not sure on that one. Not sure if it has been posted, so just giving everyone a heads up, before juice spills all over you.

Welcome! known issue, and not from experience! Thanks for letting us know! :laugh:

kuritaro9

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2013
Misawa Japan
i havent had any of these issues pop up on my 16's but then again, im mainly vaping ry4's and other tobacco's outof it. sometimes coconut creme and banana creme pie juice as well. i did have an issue with dorky stud in a 16 though. half a tank basically gunked the coil beyond repair. its sitting in pieces now until i can figure out a decent way to make a single coil for it wit ekowool...

oly issues i have ever had with a tank was my 6ml titan tank. i forgot it was in my pocket and sat on it, cocking the tank off the main ring. no biggi. i just cleaned it out really good, and used some 2part epoxy (sparingly) and applied a little to the outside of the tank and pressed it back together. never had a problem since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread