Iclear 30 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

aqrhine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
guthrie
Okay. So ive read all the hype on the iclear 30s lately and got one. I just bought a vamo yesterday and the largest tank i had was my mini novas so i wanted something bigger. I was at the vape shop today trying flavors and was intending on getting a 3.5 nova. Well i got the iclear instead.

I got home filled it up woth my newest juice green apple. Waited 5 minutes and started vaping. It was spectacular. Great vapor and good taste. Well i got curious a few hours later about the swivel knuckle tip. So i unscrewed it from the cap of the iclear. Was dissapointed i couldnt put it on my novas and screwed the cap and the knuckle back together and put it back on the tank.

Then i took a hit and had terrible gurgling and flooding. My tank was only about half full during this experience. So i tried a few times to make sure i had everything screwed together well and i did. I sucked my juice out of the bottle with a syringe and cleaned the i clear. Dried it well put it back together filled it with butterscotch and still had terrible gurgling with poor vape and its leaking out of the bottom post onto my vamo.

What happened in the last 8 hours since i bought it? It worked amazing before i took that swivel tip off and now i just wish that i never messed with it.

Help me save my iclear those first 2 hours were too good.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

O'Face

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2013
Indianapolis, IN USA
Okay. So ive read all the hype on the iclear 30s lately and got one. I just bought a vamo yesterday and the largest tank i had was my mini novas so i wanted something bigger. I was at the vape shop today trying flavors and was intending on getting a 3.5 nova. Well i got the iclear instead.

I got home filled it up woth my newest juice green apple. Waited 5 minutes and started vaping. It was spectacular. Great vapor and good taste. Well i got curious a few hours later about the swivel knuckle tip. So i unscrewed it from the cap of the iclear. Was dissapointed i couldnt put it on my novas and screwed the cap and the knuckle back together and put it back on the tank.

Then i took a hit and had terrible gurgling and flooding. My tank was only about half full during this experience. So i tried a few times to make sure i had everything screwed together well and i did. I sucked my juice out of the bottle with a syringe and cleaned the i clear. Dried it well put it back together filled it with butterscotch and still had terrible gurgling with poor vape and its leaking out of the bottom post onto my vamo.

What happened in the last 8 hours since i bought it? It worked amazing before i took that swivel tip off and now i just wish that i never messed with it.

Can't help ya bud :( I've had the same friggin' problems with mine ever since I got them about a month ago :( Hopefully some one has figured this out and can give us a hand! Just wanted to let you know, don't feel alone, that first hour or two of vamping was almost on par with dripping!

alcarl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Niagara Falls, NY

I love the look of the iclear. That being said, I have been using nova tanks since I started using tanks. Only issue I ever had was a defective wick and a tank that fell apart from using cinnamon juice (user error).

That being said, IMO the novas are tried and true. So the way I see it, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.:)

aqrhine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
guthrie
Well i let the iclear sit for a day drying out after i cleaned it again. Reassembled it and bow its working fine again. Has been for a day now. Idk what it was or what i did but its vaping like a champ again but it will probably be my only one. Ive never had issues with vv novas so i think ill stick with them.

Edit - still not creating a lot of vapor and the hit seems harsh

Last edited:
I use the IClear 30 regularly, and here are some tips I pass on to my customers:

First, 50/50 liquid is the mix I recommend. If you go too thin (70/30) the wicks just drip liquid into the air shaft, and is especially bad when the liquid level is over the wicks. With 50/50 and all wicks intact, it functions nearly perfectly. You can generally fill your tanks to or just below the bottom set of wicks.

Second, make sure all o-rings are in place. If one falls off the head while cleaning or inspecting, this can be the major cause of leaking and gurgling. Check the head against another head to make sure all rings are intact. Also, there are o-rings in the cap and the base of the tank, make sure those are in place as well.

Third and finally, if your drip tip is unscrewed, it take the pressure off the rubber seal between the wicks and the drip tip, allowing liquid to freely drip into the air shaft. Make sure everything is tight, but not over-tight.

Hope these tricks help, man. I'm an IClear guy thru and thru. :)

Wes F.

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2013
Guam
Can't help ya bud :( I've had the same friggin' problems with mine ever since I got them about a month ago :( Hopefully some one has figured this out and can give us a hand! Just wanted to let you know, don't feel alone, that first hour or two of vamping was almost on par with dripping!

Yay vamping! Lol, jk

BigLiquid530

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2013
Marysville
I just got one with my mvp 2.0, first hour was the bomb after that that nothing but flooding harsh hits tight draws just don't understand. Things like this really kill the vaping experience you pay for something it should just work shouldn't have to work out the kinks if that's the case they shouldn't sell them period

thinkfastholsters

Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
Chester, VA
reviving an old thread but wanted to chime in on what ive found and also hope to get a problem solved.

Regarding the gurgle, it seems the main issue is what spatchy said, when the top cap is unscrewed the pressure is released and juice drips down the center. Thats the only time ive noticed gurgling other than when I over fill. Instead of blowing out ive started just unscrewing the drip tip, leaving the top cap on and covering the top opening with a tissue and doing a thermometer shake (similar to priming a carto) this pulls the gurgle juice out. It does seem to drop your levels a bit if you do it right after a top of so ive started filling past the "max" line,m shaking and reassembling and then its usually left right at the 3ml line on the tank.

Now, for my issue. Ive had the Iclear 30s for goin on 2 weeks now. Im on my second head which I only changed out when starting a new flavor (i had already cleaned the original head once and didnt want to dedicate a new juice to a head that probably only had a week or so left in it in my opinion) and neither cleaning nor switching to a new head caused any issue. I am now though having a slight issue with dry hits/burnt taste. It happens on the 3rd or 4th pull of a chain vape. first 2 are delicious but then it starts getting funky. This will happen whether the tank is full or not so its not juice level. I know there is a free floating wick in the rubber cap on top of the head called the "flavor wick" or something and im wondering if removing that will help. I guess I shoulda tried that before asking the quetion but Ill post this anyway in case someone has an answer otherwise and ill try removing the free wick in the mean time. Anyway, hope someone has some insight!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread