iClear 30 coil rebuild question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan H

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2013
Changwon, South Korea
So if ever, and when my FT order arrives, it will contain two iClear 30's (got the kit with the SVD in it).

Thus far, I've found a couple of videos which aren't very clear (to me) on rebuilding them. One vid is in English but the cameraman didn't exactly do the best job making the video, or explaining what to do. Another video is in a language other than English (I forget which now), so I can't read what to do.

Anyway, my question:

When inserting the two coils into the post, do I just leave the negative wires hanging out of the top, put on the cap, and trim them? Is the negative wire pressing against the top post enough to complete the connection? I'm not sure what happens in the videos I've watched, and I've had a pretty awful time searching for more definitive information on this.

From what I understand:

Both positives go down the tube, through the rubber insulator, and then through the pin which plugs into the rubber. What happens then? They just hang out on the bottom and I bend them underneath to touch the battery post but not the threading/body?

The negatives stay on the top post, touching the body.

Is this correct? Can anybody enlighten me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread