icon 1.1 14500 battery what is biggest mah battery available that will fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

leftyrev

Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
North Bergen , NJ
Im really interested in the Icon 1.1 for size and coolness factor . my only issue thats holding me back from buying is the Mah on the Aw battery they sell . for 600mah battery i might as well stay with ego batteries . does anyone know if there are other batteries that will fit ? wondering if the AW protected would at least fit . i think ive read the trustfire flame 14500 would fit with some modifications but dont understand becasue i dont have icon yet

milo hobo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Lake Charles La
That is the highest ohm I've seen. Basically, the benefit is having a non-proprietary battery (and therefore cheaper) and a steel mod (not likely to break). If these two features aren't for you, then yes. Ego's are still quite dominate for a reason, as they are lighter, have good performance, and even have a built in "drip shield" (see cone) and are introducing new stuff like the vv batteries and ego-c tanks as well as the pass-through options and higher ohm batteries.

All that being said. I use the icon and recommend it. It is nearly indestructable, easy to fix, cheaper to replace batteries, and very little can go wrong with it.

okcodemonkey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Oklahoma
www.okcodemonkey.com
The modifications I believe are to remove the screw on the switch and either remove or add washers depending on size. Pretty easy to do. I use the 800 mah tenergy. I will usually get 8-10 hours on it. I always carry an extra battery in case. If your worried about battery life that much get the prodigy. It's not too much bigger and can take batteries with double the mah rating. I have found both to be problem free and help me keep it simple.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

leftyrev

Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
North Bergen , NJ
well im being finicky as to battery and size , because this is being purchased exclusivly to go out on weekends or anywhere i want to be discreet . i just purchased an Omega for home and work . i need this to be dependable and i dont want to worry about battery life . thinking about it more . i think 600 mah would suffice . i just thinkthe icon is a perfect size . the prodigy v3 is just big enough to not be viable for my purpose . maybe later if i sell my Omega then i can justify it .

as far as the modification goes i guess ill have to just buy it and see what i can do later to it . i would like to use protected batteries i know alot of guys use unprotected imr's ,but i guess i read too much info on these types of batteries that i just dont want to risk it if i dont have to . the trustfire flame 900 mah are only about 1.5 -2 mm bigger than the Aw imr 600mah there has got to be a way .

The modifications I believe are to remove the screw on the switch and either remove or add washers depending on size. Pretty easy to do. I use the 800 mah tenergy. I will usually get 8-10 hours on it. I always carry an extra battery in case. If your worried about battery life that much get the prodigy. It's not too much bigger and can take batteries with double the mah rating. I have found both to be problem free and help me keep it simple.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

okcodemonkey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Oklahoma
www.okcodemonkey.com
Trustfire flames work just fine on the v1 just by removing washers out from under the contact, and that's why the washers are there, because not all batteries are created equal.

Would you say the Trustfire flames are better than the Tenergy or the AW 14500s?

leftyrev

Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
North Bergen , NJ
im interested in them because they are protected and have a higher mah rating than the AW's . but then again i read another post last night that said they were many fake trustfire flames out there .

Would you say the Trustfire flames are better than the Tenergy or the AW 14500s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread