ICON Owner Fail. them0nk FAILS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

them0nk

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
San Bernardino, CA
Just because i'm so irate about this at the moment i thought i would share this "situation" with you guys/galls.

So i JUST GOT MY ICON V1.1 YESTERDAY. I'm on a new found (to me) trip on the LR cartos/atomizers, so i got my icon + some LR stuff... wanted something more trust-able than my protege....

Today is getting fire wood day, i have a couple cords of wood left but most of it is still wet because i collected it in October... so i have to dig through the wood to get to anything dry enough to burn...

To make this matter worse, there is 6 inches of snow on the ground, and on the wood pile...

Somewhere in the course of clearing the snow off the tarps and uncovering the firewood, gathering 4 cart loads of it (Landmann Firewood cart worth EVERY penny i paid for it), and unloading it... my icon has VANISHED! it was in my upper jacket pocket and i can only imagine i bent down to pick something up and it slipped out into oblivion. EPIC, just Epic Fail. It could be at the bottom of the wood pile or in some snow somewhere... i raked through any snow i got near and just about restacked the whole damn pile again for about 2 hours, still no luck. It might as well be in China or at the bottom of the Mariana Trench.

of course the 1 LR 510 atty i ordered to try is on it, with the nice new clear drip tip.

R.I.P. Icon, Maybe i'll be able to resurrect you in a few weeks if you fell in the snow, but if you're at the bottom of the wood pile, who knows when i'll see you again...-

Only people die hard enough about vaping would understand my pain in this.

hey at least it shouldn't tarnish or rust or anything... so there is hope.

The area of which the Icon vanished:

Temp-1646789280PhotafPanoramaPicHD.jpg

Guess i'll be ordering another one when i can.

P.S. Cash, i think one of your packers read my order wrong... they sent a charger and an extra 2 batteries... i only ordered the base package... (unless it was you and really wanted to be nice lol)

tonyorion

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Michigan
Although it's really unfair to the retailer, you might get a metal detector from a store (Harbor Freight) or Home Depot (stud finder, but these are limited in how far in depth they can go, unless you can get one of the really expensive deep stud/rebar detectors), use it, and then return it for a refund. Be careful, though, some retailers may charge a restocking fee, but many do not.

Who knows what else you might find? Burried treasure, the Northwest Passage, a worm hole?

As far as mistreating your PV by drooping and leaving it out in the cold all night and day, day after day, we will have to figure out an appropriate punishment such as chaining you naked outside and overnight so you know what it feels like! Your PV, assuming you can find it, will have to go into therapy to overcome the shock of abandonment.

They have names for people like you, but I am too much of a gentleman to repeat them here.

Good luck in finding it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread