Not open for further replies.

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
Ooooo I saw an icon for the first time at last weekend's vape meet that PureSmoker helped sponsor. So cute! Love it!

I don't know if PS uses hot springs or not stock, but if they do, I'd probably stick with that spring, as it's got a built in safety mechanism (will collapse if your batts get too hot). Of course cashmere will probably be here soon to give you a better answer than mine.

sent from my LG- Android using x-parent pink Tapatalk --live fast,die pretty

Dj Xy

I'm winning like Charlie
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
baltimore, maryland
Ooooo I saw an icon for the first time at last weekend's vape meet that PureSmoker helped sponsor. So cute! Love it!

I don't know if PS uses hot springs or not stock, but if they do, I'd probably stick with that spring, as it's got a built in safety mechanism (will collapse if your batts get too hot). Of course cashmere will probably be here soon to give you a better answer than mine.

sent from my LG- Android using x-parent pink Tapatalk --live fast,die pretty

the problem is the spring in the icon isnt used as a battery contact, it sits in a groove in the plastic ring on the switch assembly to push the switch open when your not holding it, and i havent been able to find any that fit it.

nyabzns

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2009
Midwest , USA
No other springs in that kit will make it heavier ....

The heavy spring we used to use in the Prodigy V3 when it first came out, won't fit the ICON.

Let me look at a few spring suppliers to see if I can find something a bit heavier.

I'd be interested in a slightly heavier spring myself. If you find something please post it.

okcodemonkey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Oklahoma
www.okcodemonkey.com
I found a pack of 50 springs at Home Depot the other day (my Prodigy Spring got lost at some point and PureSmoker is currently out of stock). I had been there numerous times and asked many people where they were and no one knew. Out of desperation (try searching internet for springs) I went back to home depot and a new clerk knew exactly where they were the whole pack cost me 4.50 but I found about 8 springs in the pack that worked. Some were heavy and some were lighter. The brand of springs they had here at Home Depot in Texas was Everbilt.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
OK ...

Those are the exact ones we sold -- Atleast a single version.

HD wouldn't allow us to order them in bulk anymore, thus forcing our hand to have them specially made. All current & past Prodigy V3.1's & ICON V1.1's shipped with the HD spring.

Our new set of springs is due in next week. I'll let you know if they are heavier or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread