Status
Not open for further replies.

drunkenbatman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
It's windy, USA
Uh, guys. There's no ideal setting here, though in general with an MVP it's sweet spot is 2ohm, 1.8ohm is fine. You've got a fairly thick eliquid for a tank, assuming that's 40% PG.

Start at a reasonably low setting, then bump up the voltage until it starts to taste burnt, then back it down. Depending on the liquid you may back it way down, as fruits are often brighter at lower power while tobaccos often shine at higher -- it all depends on the eliquid as to what flavor notes come out at which temps. If you're noticing a harsh finish at the end of the vape, the wicking can't keep up and you need to back it down.

I wouldn't really worry about wattage mode for the MPV/MPV2. It's fine in some cases, but it limits voltage options and really only helps when switching out your atomizers in your case. To your other question about volts and such, I'd encourage you to read through here:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/366112-ohms-law-explained-layman-terms.html

drunkenbatman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
It's windy, USA
Ok. Running at 9 volts is nice!! This is my first mod. Thank you all for your help.

No worries mate, but I think you're in wattage. :) The MVP, MVP2 and MVP 20w only go up to 5-7.5V. There are cases for using wattage on an MVP/MVP2, but in general you're just giving up fine-grained control (4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, etc. vs 6, 6.5, 7, 7.5)

drunkenbatman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
It's windy, USA
No worries, when you look to upgrade barring something unfortunately the MVP will mostly likely still be going for a few years and will make a great backup. Check out a few reviews where it's put under a scope and you'll understand better about why I'm pointing you towards using voltage with it vs wattage. The wattage is fine, just less fine-grained and it's more of a tacked-on thing for the MVP2/MVP20w.

drunkenbatman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
It's windy, USA
I think pbsurado probably did one looking at its output via a scope, amongst others?

That's great if you like it at 9w, where people get confused is thinking that watts and voltage are different things. I mean they are, but not for your use case. e.g., for your mod at 1.8ohm, 9w is the same as 4V -- when you select 9w, it outputs 4v (or it should). The only reason why using wattage can be nice is that if you have it set to 9w and put in a 2ohm coil with the same eliquid, it'll automatically adjust it to put out 4.2V so you get a similar vape. Otherwise, to get the exact same vape you might have to adjust the voltage up yourself.

However, you can only change the watts in 0.5 steps, while you can change the voltage yourself on those in 0.1 steps. And because variable-wattage is kind of a tacked on feature in these versions, it doesn't always output the voltage you'd think it would.

Last edited:

RamShot Rowdy

Battery Police
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2009
Oklahoma, USA
Are there any reviews you'd recommend to highlight what you are getting at? The ohms law link was helpful, but I really am liking these watts up at 9. Again it's my first mod. With my spinners, I always kept those about 3.8...

If your device is set to 9 watts with a 1.8 ohm coil attached, your device should be applying approximately 4 volts to to the atomizer.

EDIT: I see this exact thing has already been posted. My bad.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread