Identify and how to wrap coils on these RDA's..

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2011
iowa
Hello folks..

I'm getting back into vaping, probably because I never quit taking a drop or two on the tongue, and to prevent me from smoking..

Can anyone identify which rda's I have? And provide a link or instructions/recommendations on building a coil with the supplies Ive posted pictures of please?

Thanks..

IMG_1479.JPG
IMG_1480.JPG

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hello folks..

I'm getting back into vaping, probably because I never quit taking a drop or two on the tongue, and to prevent me from smoking..

Can anyone identify which RDA's I have? And provide a link or instructions/recommendations on building a coil with the supplies Ive posted pictures of please?

Thanks..

View attachment 967931 View attachment 967933
Hola!
The one on the left is a Hornet. *drilled for Bottom feeding*
On the right is a UD Igo -L.

Which battery device will you be using with the RDAs above?

IMO, wrap 28AWG on a mandrel and feed wick. Thinner than 28AWG (29+) wrap wire around wick with an internal support (paper clip, needle - ala 2012)

I would suggest getting some cotton or RAYON as a wicking material. (cotton/rayon batts/balls or cotton cosmetic pads can be sourced locally or via the AMAZON)

Welcome back!
Cheers
I

, ,

Last edited:

rebar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2011
iowa
Perfect, thanks people..

I have a few Eleaf 30's that still work and a REO bottom feeder which I bought the Hornet for.. I also have a Provari Mini, but its temperamental. I was thinking about buying another nautilus mini tank to make things easy, but is there another tank with replaceable atomizers that's better?

Thanks!

IMG_1481.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: Izan

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Perfect, thanks people..

I have a few Eleaf 30's that still work and a bottom feeder (name escapes me) which I bought the Hornet for.. I also have a Provari Mini, but its temperamental. I was thinking about buying another nautilus mini tank to make things easy, but is there another tank with replaceable atomizers that's better?

Thanks!

View attachment 967979
Reo Mini.. Very Nice!

I retired my REOs when the supply of button top batteries dried up.
However, I never stopped squonking on a mech.
Can't help with drop in coils. Mrs. Izan has been using a Podstick with disposable coil/pods.

If you "upgrade" to more recently released RDAs/ RTA's, you might want to look at twisting a couple strands of 28AWG or 3 strands of 30AWG or 4 strands of 32AWG to make "beefier" coils with internal diameters of 2.5-3mm.

Again, Welcome back!
I

Reactions: rebar

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Any tips on building a coil for the hornet on the mini reo? I dont have any voltage control considering its mechanical..

Thanks!
With the mini, you need to build to your battery.

IMO, aim for 80% of the batteries amp limit as max. Example: 10A battery, make sure your build pulls less than 8A.
A 2mm ID 6/7 wrap of 28AWG K1 should put you at about 1Ω. Power (after voltage drop) could be as high as 3.5V.... That would be about 12W and have a 3.5Amp draw. (your battery needs to be rated at 4.5A at the minimum)

Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

HTH
I

Reactions: rebar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread