Idk why but i've done it !

Status
Not open for further replies.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
So for those who don't know i've been a somewhat proud owner of a serpent smm for the past 2 weeks, but ever since i've never had the ability to get it right as i've had dry hits no matter how i built it, even the guy at my vape shop couldn't get it for my style of vaping.

So after selling some of my vape gear to a friend (mod+tank), went ahead and got my an rda
The peerless rda (somewhat weird building deck but i've managed it seems).
Using dual claptons (2.5mm reading at .26) been getting dense vapor and awesome flavor on my belgian waffles, though i've been dripping crazy since i can't stop :p

No heat no dry hits (just a tad of a flavor loss which is when i dripp) Guess my serpent might've been defective but i doubt since it's single coil. Overall worth the 45$ i've spent imho (probably cheaper in the Usa though).

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Not sure what your vape style is, but the SMM works perfectly for me. What is your style and what were the problems?
At both your questions i have no idea, mostly me not knowing how to wick it and not being used to a single coil probably, flavor anyway was imo not that good, 100x better on my peerless 0.0

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
At both your questions i have no idea, mostly me not knowing how to wick it and not being used to a single coil probably, flavor anyway was imo not that good, 100x better on my peerless 0.0

Well should you decide to get rid of it at a reasonable used price hit me up. I might take another.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Don't have the SMM but in my Serpent Mini, I suffered dry hits and flavorlessness because of too much coil. Going from 3mm to 2.5 and elevating the coil up and off the airflow made a huge difference. Like night and day.

Too thin of a coil and wicking suffers. Too thick and airflow suffers. I gots da goldilocks now.

Congrats @QcVaper on finding your goldilocks in the dripper!

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Congrats Qc, glad you are enjoying it :) I know how pleased I was when I finally hit upon some RTAs that I could handle and manage and enjoy. :)

Anna
Well i did love my baby rba back when i used it, so right now i'm waiting a bit to check for an rta with dual coils.
Pretty sure that's why i was having so much trouble since i'm used to a dual coil which my peerless has.

Don't have the SMM but in my Serpent Mini, I suffered dry hits and flavorlessness because of too much coil. Going from 3mm to 2.5 and elevating the coil up and off the airflow made a huge difference. Like night and day.

Too thin of a coil and wicking suffers. Too thick and airflow suffers. I gots da goldilocks now.

Congrats @QcVaper on finding your goldilocks in the dripper!

I'm using the included coils which are either 3mm or 2.5mm (the exact size is not written on the box)
But i'm pretty sure i'm just not used to a single coil since i've been using dual and more coils since i started vaping.

Reactions: stols001

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
No heat no dry hits (just a tad of a flavor loss which is when i dripp) Guess my serpent might've been defective but i doubt since it's single coil. Overall worth the 45$ i've spent imho (probably cheaper in the Usa though).

I mostly use RDAs. They’re simple, which is good for me because I don’t much like fiddliness. One thing that was a bit of a game changer for me was getting a squonk mod. The downside is that your mods will naturally be a bit bigger, to accommodate the bottle, but I find that a very acceptable trade-off.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I mostly use RDAs. They’re simple, which is good for me because I don’t much like fiddliness. One thing that was a bit of a game changer for me was getting a squonk mod. The downside is that your mods will naturally be a bit bigger, to accommodate the bottle, but I find that a very acceptable trade-off.
Yep that's my next step, might get a goon with it since my vape shop clerk like it so much he kept on raving about it XD funny evening i might add. I'm just basically waiting for them to either add more squonk mod or i'm ordering online lolz (waiting for a birthday gift :D)

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
My first dual coil was a Goblin. Still have it and bought another one when I got back into building. It's a pain to wick and a pain to fill, but it's a flavor beast at 30-ish Watts.

Dual coil RTA's that aren't a pain in 22mm are kinda hard to find. The sky opens up at 24+ mm.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Personally once you find the grove with the SMM it's a hard to beat RTA for flavour + dense vapour.
I do agree the serpent is very good,though by wicking and vaping on it for the past 2 weeks or so i've found single coil even if more practical (takes less time to wick 1 coil than 2) i much prefer the flavor and vapor production from a dual coil. I do think imho there's much better options out there flavor and vapor production wise than the serpent, but it's still a very good rta for what it's worth.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
@QcVaper 2 weeks that's no time:) I know they say if all else fails give up:) But have you tried 24g stainless -316L 3mm id 10/9 wraps 0.5 there about, What I'm finding best after 6 months with SMM.
wire is subjective, i like claptons and only use that kind of wire because to me it has THE best flavor all around (ofc i'm not counting on those in the serpent box to be that good but they're still fine). Biggest reason i've kinda give up on the serpent is because it's not worth the hassle, i've wicked my rda first try so i know i've got the skills but no matter what i do on the serpent i can't even get a better flavor than my old big baby rba lol. Waiting for my B-day to get a squonker and then it's pretty much over.

NB: this thread was not created to complain or search for help on the serpent, i was having a laugh since i never thought i'd get an rda. Thanks for the help but it's not very needed tbh....... I'm a flavor chaser and an rda is MY best solution to anything. I still use the serpent with my fruity juices atm (my rda has sweeter liquids atm as i'm trying to finish other flavors lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread