If an atomizer suddenly stops producing vapor and TH what could the problem be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
Could it be the center post? You may need to get between the post and thread at the base of the atty with a flat screw driver and give it a little wiggle. Pry it just the tiniest bit. This can be done to the battery post too. (carefully) At some point you may want to buy a $10-20 digital multimeter. Takes the guess work out of everything. Sorry for your loss.

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
The bottom where the threads are......the post that has the hole in the middle. Get a thin piece of metal or pin between that post and the threads that screw on to the battery. Sometimes it gets pushed in a fraction of a millimeter....enough so it isn't making good contact with the battery. If you can wiggle it just a bit, it usually pulls it up enough to make contact again.

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
give the threads a good cleaning with a toothpick or toothbrush and some isopropyl alcohol. On the atty and the battery. It's important everything makes contact really well.
The other thing too is make sure you've let it dry out enough. It should also improve as you prime the wick with juice again. Sometimes it takes a moment if you cleaned it off really well.

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
Would this mean the atty is bust?

Atty is a few days old, i gave it a clean but still no joy. I also tried it with a different battery but no vapor or throat hit, totally feels dead. What ways could i fix this or does this sound broke to you? :glare:

Toss it.... As much as we would love our attys to last forever they dont... Sometimes you get a bad one that does not work that well from the start.... In 2 years of vaping Ive only had 1 actually burn out, but over time they do lose their performance and taste...

Last edited:

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN
Toss it.... As much as we would love our attys to last forever they dont... Sometimes you get a bad one that does not work that well from the start.... In 2 years of vaping Ive only had 1 actually burn out, but over time they do lose their performance and taste...

since I'm not rich <g> I would not toss out an atty without trying the suggestions here! I've had many an atty "come back to life" by pulling the center pin or clearing out any flooding! :2c:

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
since I'm not rich <g> I would not toss out an atty without trying the suggestions here! I've had many an atty "come back to life" by pulling the center pin or clearing out any flooding! :2c:

especially if it's only a few days old. My attys usually went a week before a rinse and a couple more before they got a good cleaning when atty's were all I used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread