Not open for further replies.

sidetrack

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2011
among the sea shells
or I should have bought and why.

For me it was a pipette pump. More trouble than it's worth to me. Luckily my vendor gave me free stuff to offset the cost so all in all I'm pretty lucky. I figured the biggest waste would be in the first couple of months, before I got wise and researched my purchases. As I'm sure most of us did in the beginning, we were so excited and just wanted stuff.

daisyd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2010
Az
So far nothing. I'm still using the 510 I bought and though there have been some less than usable juices, I have found homes for all of them, and gotten different flavors in return. So even they served thier purpose. :)

Where do you get pipette pumps? I could use something like that for swatch dyeing.

Last edited:

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
I'm with Freaky ........

When I started into e-cigs the choices were slim. I had bought a Smoke51 when they only had the 2-piece auto LTv-9 without blinking an eye on the $300+ I spent for something that was short use, prone to batt failure, and just frustrating in general considering the "fancy website & wondrous claims", lol.

Any way I look at, it's all been rather positive to me. From the initial to the latest disappointing supposed "improvements" & the "latest & greatest's" add ons, or flavour of the week..... BUT, I still haven't smoked a cig now !

I've spent thousands since starting out..... but every time I think about it, I've saved much more compared to spending on smokes, buying antihistamines, inhalers, etc. So, disgruntled slightly at the time ? Sure... but never enough to regret the particular "experience" or overall result.

VapeOn,
Greg

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
So far nothing. I'm still using the 510 I bought and though there have been some less than usable juices, I have found homes for all of them, and gotten different flavors in return. So even they served thier purpose. :)

Where do you get pipette pumps? I could use something like that for swatch dyeing.

One Stop DIY has them. I also use mine for large batches but use the small plastic pipettes for 3-10ml mixes

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
If I would have discovered this forum months ago, I'm sure I would have fewer items in my junk drawer. (And a big "Thanks!" to everyone who participates on this forum because I've found some nice gear and better methods from learning here)

I don't really regret any of my purchases... even the stuff that didn't work. I've learned more from the junk that didn't work than anything that performed as expected, so there has been some value in expanding my knowledge even with the worst of it.

Rainbowz

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
Oregon, USA
If I would have discovered this forum months ago, I'm sure I would have fewer items in my junk drawer. (And a big "Thanks!" to everyone who participates on this forum because I've found some nice gear and better methods from learning here)

I don't really regret any of my purchases... even the stuff that didn't work. I've learned more from the junk that didn't work than anything that performed as expected, so there has been some value in expanding my knowledge even with the worst of it.

Nice answer, six. I'm pretty much the same way, no regrets. I came here first before buying anything, but in my haste to get an e-cig while my Joye 510 was in transit, I bought a cheapo mini from the local smokeshop because I had already quit smoking and really did not want to pick up an analog in the meantime. I've progressed from the 510, to the eGo, to the Go-Go I just got today, and have found my favorite liquid vendor in the meantime, but don't begrudge any of my choices on liquids. You have to try them first don't you? And my 510s are now used by my husband, who was a PAD former smoker of 40 years, and he only uses them for zero nic when he drinks just for the fun of it. I'm planning on using my eGo to test drip my new liquids, so nothing has really been unused except that original mini.

I never got into the expensive mod scene since I don't have the money, but what I have now I'm completely happy with.

My only question is what do you do with all those empty liquid bottles??? I've got so many of them stashed around but I just hate to throw them out...

Delilah718

Vape Enthusiast
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2011
In the clouds
Thanks for an interesting thread Freakystyle....

hmmmmm....things I would unbuy if I could:

-My first ecig -- a RN4081 -- little did I know when I bought it that I would tire of filling and refilling and cleaning up juice over and over again -- served its purpose, but had to move on to a 510 sooner than I thought
-PCC case for RN4081 -- Rarely used it -- and it can only hold one ecig -- one ecig is not enough to go out with
-Leather Case -- again, doesn't hold enough of the stuff needed when leaving the house...rarely used
-Juices that sounded delicious but were disappointing.... almost half a dozen bottles of juice I don't use

Keiff

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2011
Houston, TX
That would have to be the Lucid tanks with the X-atty from GotVapes. I know that I've only been vaping for about a month and a half... but I feel like I got duped into buying an experimental product. They haven't worked as advertised at all. I guess I'll try to mangle the atty into a dripping atty... get "some" use out of the money I spent.

achtungbaby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2011
St. Petersburg, Florida
Rainbowz - post the bottles on PIF - you can get some things or just put them up as freebies in treasure chest. The diy'rs would love them!
Nice answer, six. I'm pretty much the same way, no regrets. I came here first before buying anything, but in my haste to get an e-cig while my Joye 510 was in transit, I bought a cheapo mini from the local smokeshop because I had already quit smoking and really did not want to pick up an analog in the meantime. I've progressed from the 510, to the eGo, to the Go-Go I just got today, and have found my favorite liquid vendor in the meantime, but don't begrudge any of my choices on liquids. You have to try them first don't you? And my 510s are now used by my husband, who was a PAD former smoker of 40 years, and he only uses them for zero nic when he drinks just for the fun of it. I'm planning on using my eGo to test drip my new liquids, so nothing has really been unused except that original mini.

I never got into the expensive mod scene since I don't have the money, but what I have now I'm completely happy with.

My only question is what do you do with all those empty liquid bottles??? I've got so many of them stashed around but I just hate to throw them out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread