Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleTa2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Hi all...

Has anyone modified an IGO-L for use as a bottom feeder? i have watched it done via you tube videos on the IGO-S, but dunno why nobody has tried the IGO-L?

I think I would remove the screw in the center post to drill a very small hole all the way through the center post. then invert the base and drill a larger hole to match the hole in my 510 connector to the bottom of the threads. Then drill a perpindicular hole right above the insulatorfor the juice to flow out of.

I like the IGO-L for its ease of coil building and the deeper juice well.

my only question would to try and push the center pin out for drilling or leave it pressed in?

has anyone tried either method?

thanks
Geo

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
For the procedure you are suggesting, you would need to remove the center pin. All it takes is a burr to catch the bit, and you have a center post spinning in the insulator.

FWIW I've modified a few RDAs by removing the center pin and cutting a channel in the nylon insulator. This allows for liquid to travel up the side of the pin. The nylon is pretty firm, and as long as the channel does not exceed the width of the center pin, the risk of shorting the RDA is minimal.

EagleTa2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
IGO-L just drilled a bottom hole and a side hole in the center post. works great on a Rev2 and an Vmod xl with a 510 extension.

That's exactly what I was planning...

Did you remove the center pin to drill it or leave it in the base?

How hard was it to drill? Is it stainless?

Last ?... What size hole did you drill?

Thanks in advance!
Geo

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
That's exactly what I was planning...

Did you remove the center pin to drill it or leave it in the base?

How hard was it to drill? Is it stainless?

Last ?... What size hole did you drill?

Thanks in advance!
Geo

It is soft brass, I left in while I drilled and I think it was a 1.3mm bit.

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
I'm doing the same thing right now, using the igo l but I'm building the rest of the mod myself, I took the post out and it wasn't bad at all. If you have any time and or knowledge about how to connect the bottle to the bottom of the 510 I'd appreciate it if you would check out my thread. Search: (convert igo bottom feeder) I don't mean to hijack yours, I think you'll be fine tho, that's how it's done and people who did it like it, I haven't tried it yet tho. I to am worried about it leaking in between the igo and the 510. I'm assuming it's not a problem your facing?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread