Not open for further replies.

psyc63

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2014
NewYork
Just curious on peoples takes.

Just got my IGO W6 just built my first quad coil. Let me tell you it is really nice except. it gets real hot built mine at .44 ohms , you will need a plastic or non metal drip tip. Also eats batterys fast and you have to use the best battery you can get even my sony vct5 are getting hot. The air flow ring is great. But again another down side it is a pita to build.

Have not tried it on dual coil yet.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Hot button is a sure sign of a short. Take a good look at it, did you test it on an ohm reader? If you do, double check. Ive had shorts that dont show up on testing. It would have shown it had a short.

I still dont understand how many people that decide to get into rebuilding and dont bother to get something to test their builds.

If its not a short for sure, it could be a dirty MOD, check for those possible shorts. Try attaching the atty to another device and see if it gets hot and the button also. If it does not, then clean your MOD.

jpcwon

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
North Easton, MA
I am enjoying my IGO-W6. Great RDA for the money....I have built quad coils in the past, but the W6 makes the process a bit easier due to it being "2-tiered"....2 of the posts are level with each other, then the other 2 are higher up so you can kinda stagger the coils. Some say it is a PITA to build on but I didn't find that to be the case TBH....I did 8 wraps of 26ga. Kanthal for a resistance of .28 Ohms.....seems to hit very hard!!

20140512_203909.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread