Status
Not open for further replies.

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
That won't work as the center post is the positive terminal. What can be done is possibly remove one negative post and turn that into the squonk hole. That way you wouldn't have to tamper without the 510 center post. But if it's solid stainless , that might not work either. Most of the folks on here who mod the top feeds usually do it via grinding or drilling the center post.

Sent by REO vapor

Vapeaholic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
NE Texas
The diameter is 24mm so it's pretty big.
Compared to more familiar drippers like the patriot or omega @ 22mm.
image.jpg
This is an Omega on an LP. Not sure I'd want to go to 24.

Last edited:

Dconnor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
Las Vegas
What I need is some atomizer you guys would like to see modded for reos . I am not a duel coil guy so your input is needed . The igos from what I have seen are solid atomizers

I did a 20mm Patriot clone for dual builds. I like it a lot. It is the same size as the outside of the LP catch cup so gives a really nice look and still let's the door slide up.
y4y6yra2.jpg

X-Puppy

Cloud Hound!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2013
Marysville, Washington, USA
What I need is some atomizer you guys would like to see modded for reos . I am not a duel coil guy so your input is needed . The igos from what I have seen are solid atomizers

The best performing atty I've tried so far is the zenith V2. It kicks out more vapor and better flavor than the AFC Cyclone and the Origin V2. It's 22mm so it's big. I posted pics of my build but I'm mobile right now. It's stainless so it was challenging to BF mod but it was SO worth it.

I think it's the derline insert in the cap that allows for a really hot sub ohm build that doesn't spit hot juice in your mouth. It's my current ADV.

Vapeaholic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
NE Texas
I did a 20mm Patriot clone for dual builds. I like it a lot. It is the same size as the outside of the LP catch cup so gives a really nice look and still let's the door slide up.
y4y6yra2.jpg

I agree the 20mm looks about right. Kinda doubt Rob would want to mod clones though. Let's research it and see which popular and reasonably priced drippers are out there. I just think it's really cool to have a supplier like Rob who listens to his customers like he does.

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA

Rob,

I'm not a fan of the look that a 22mm atomizer lends to the LP Grand. Overhang just doesn't float my boat.

The Igo-W fits perfectly atop the LP Grand. I've modded one (channel cut with Dremel) for use with my LP Grand and enjoy it immensely. It's construction is similar to the Igo-S in that it's all stainless. It's got three posts for dual coils. It's got a fairly deep well. It drains well. There's plenty of room to build.

My vote is: Igo-W

A (cruddy) photo...
VaBI6eR.jpg

Last edited:

Vapeaholic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
NE Texas
Rob,

I'm not a fan of the look that a 22mm atomizer lends to the LP Grand. Overhang just doesn't float my boat.

The Igo-W fits perfectly atop the LP Grand. I've modded one (channel cut with Dremel) for use with my LP Grand and enjoy it immensely. It's construction is similar to the Igo-S in that it's all stainless. It's got three posts for dual coils. It's got a fairly deep well. It drains well. There's plenty of room to build.

My vote is: Igo-W
I'll second the vote for the Igo-W. Solid build, fits well, reasonably priced, and has three posts for dual coil.
It also has holes in the posts, I hate having to wrap coil leads around screw heads!

Last edited:

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
The diameter is 24mm so it's pretty big.
Compared to more familiar drippers like the patriot or omega @ 22mm.
View attachment 335878
This is an Omega on an LP. Not sure I'd want to go to 24.
Yeah 24 mm is a bit much the atomizer looks like it weighs as much as the grand

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I would tend to agree that 24mm is just a little too big for the Grand. That being said, I am rather partial to the like of the Igo-L, Igo-W, and the Igo-T. I think the Igo-T is the best looking of the group and I think being titanium is a plus as well. It has the best looking top cap for sure. I have ordered one to modify for my grand when I mod it to LP... I already have an Igo-L that is modified for BF. Just about any atty with an OD of 18-20mm would be better looking on the grand IMO. I am not sold on the looks of some of the 22mm atty's I have seen on some of the LP's lately. I just am not into the whole overhang that's going on...

Borescoped

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Minot, ND
Not that many choices for an legit real deal RDA that is smaller in diameter than 22mm. Plus, I get the feeling that Rob is trying to keep the prices lower than the cost of a REO when he goes to sell the atty's. Any other ideas for a smaller RDA with afc that could be modded out for BF?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread