Status
Not open for further replies.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I thought you were gonna say that going to that resistance is crazy, i was getting ready to defend myself lol [emoji14]
No...... I just think it's crazy how things have changed and the hi power devices out there now.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
No...... I just think it's crazy how things have changed and the hi power devices out there now.

Yes it has gone crazy! I really don't see the point in the 6coil base though lol that's just OTT, might be good for the cloud chasers though...

Reactions: 100%VG

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Yes it has gone crazy! I really don't see the point in the 6coil base though lol that's just OTT, might be good for the cloud chasers though...
I know..... I have never seen that.... you would think using all that wicking material, that the airflow would be inhibited, but maybe it's roomy enough. I hate wicking duals, can't imagine wicking those all the time. Would be neat just to try it once, just to see how it performs

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
Update:

I received that Goodger Tank yesterday. The top airflow (only) and side filling are like the Reaper Plus. There was no Manual that I could find, but it is fairly intuitive; Prime the Coil Head, reassemble the Tank, Fill and let it soak for a while, then Vape. The only thing to make note of is the make sure that the top Airflow Ring is Open. It will flood quickly if it isn't. I dried it out with Q-Tips by turning it upside down. No further flooding and no leaking so far.

It comes with two SS 316L Heads. I'm using it on the new IJOY Solo Mini in SS Mode for Temp Control. After getting used to the controls, I really like the Solo Mini. I installed the 0.4Ω 40W-60W Head and cranked it up to 55W for Temp Control vaping at 450°F and it really screams with this combo. The flavor is amazing and the clouds are great.

Mine came with orange o-rings, spare orange o-rings, and a blue IJOY Vape Band for the Tank. I'm not sure what more I can saw. The combination is awesome. I'll be trying the Goodger Tank on other Mods to compare performance, but I think this one is a winner. I'll also test MTL with it, but I am not a dedicated MTL man, so my opinion may not fit everyone's needs.

This Tank could easily replace my SubTank Mini and SubTank Plus, if it only had an RBA, but the 0.4Ω Head is great. For those who don't rebuild, or appreciate the ease of using Coil Heads, I highly recommend this Tank. The SS 316L Heads can be used for both TC Vaping and VW Vaping. Very versatile choice of wire!

More later.

Reactions: SLIPPY_EEL

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
I know..... I have never seen that.... you would think using all that wicking material, that the airflow would be inhibited, but maybe it's roomy enough. I hate wicking duals, can't imagine wicking those all the time. Would be neat just to try it once, just to see how it performs
There ya go! :thumbs: I'm eager to try it. I'd like to build a triple 18650 Series MOSFET Box, just for that. :lol:

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
The top coils in the six coil setup have fewer wraps than the lower four, don't know if is wise to have most of the power going to the coils with least wicking. Looks impressing, but I woulden't try to vape that in real life.

Exactly what i was thinking, it would make more sense to have it like an upside down pyramid, less wraps at the bottom, closer to the juice flow plus the wicks will sit over each other without being a problem

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
That 300W could easily be done by a triple series 18650 stack Box Mod with 3 Sony VTC4.

(12V)² / 300W = 0.48Ω
0.48Ω = 6 x 2.88Ω coils in parallel
12V / 0.48Ω = 25 Amps

300W into 6 coils is only 50W per coil.
300w on three vtc4 as long as you don't let the voltage drop below 3.7v per battery. Otherwise the cdr is exceeded.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
But 0.1Ω is where Temp Control works. It depends on the wire type as to how hard it is to accurately get that low. TC can work down to 0.05Ω.
On a regulated mod, sure, but then the voltage is nowhere near 4.2 and the amp draw therefore a lot lower.

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
300w on three vtc4 as long as you don't let the voltage drop below 3.7v per battery. Otherwise the cdr is exceeded.
Good point. Thanks! :thumbs: I didn't consider that.

EDIT:
Then again, you won't be getting 300W with a 3.7V charge on the batteries.

3.7V x 3 = 11.1V
(11.1)² / 0.48Ω = 256.7W
11.1 / 0.48Ω = 23.125A

We are talking unregulated here, on a 3x18650 Series Box Mod, with MOSFET control. I would also build in Fused protection and reverse battery protection. You can also add a cutoff Voltage, which I'd probably do, too. 300W with 0.48Ω was calculated at 12V, figuring a voltage drop on fully charged 18650s with 0.48Ω.

Last edited:
Reactions: KenD

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω

Not that i need to vape at 300w but i have a built in sensor that tells me my batteries have got to 4v, my taste bud's :thumbs: and is when i swap for a fresh set..

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
I can't tell you how much I am enjoying the Goodger on the new Solo Mini in SS TC Mode. They have become my ADV Setup.

I put the Goodger on several other devices, including my Reuleaux DNA200, a 26650 Mech, and a Sigelei 150W, and every one of them gave the same great performance. The Reuleaux has a 60W Preheat of 11 for 1 second Max, set to 55W and 430°F for SS 316L TC Vaping. All ofther TC Devices were set to 55W and 430°F, including the Cuboid and Eleaf TC60W. The Sigelei 150W was set to 55W, but worked very well at 40W, too. Even the Mech with a fully charged 26650 was a great performer at ~42W. So was a DOVPO GX-200 dual 18650 parallel, MOSFET box mod, at ~40W. The Goodger is a great performer, all the way around. :thumb:

I haven't tried the 0.6Ω 20W-40W Head yet, but it should be just as good, in it's 40W range. When I try it, I'll try MTL with that one at 20W. Still no leaking or flooding.

Can't wait to get the Tornado now! When I get one, I'll build that MOSFET triple series box for it, so I can get it up to 300W. That will be a fun and neat project for me. I've already found most of the parts. But I want a P-FET instead of an N-FET for the MOSFET, because I like the P-FET Design better.

Last edited:
Reactions: SLIPPY_EEL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread