Iken 510 LR Mega Cartomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mn shutterbug

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2010
Marshall, MN - USA
Good review, albeit a bit long. :) I purchased 10 of these cartos awhile back and can completely relate to what he is talking about. However, I have had a couple that wil go for 6 - 8 hours with no problem. They are just so blasted inconsistent. It took me a long time to finally find liquid I like but still haven't discovered any real decent cartomizers. Any recommendations?

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
IkenVape has so many different 510 cartos: Premium Platinum, Gold, Platinum V2, Gold V2, Mega, and Mega LR. Oi!:facepalm: You reviewed the Mega LR linked here, right? Have you tried any of Isaac's others?

I tried and like the Gold V2 [I went with the special that includes an aluminum drip tip for $1.50 more.] My favorite, however, is his 2.5 ohm 801 Fusion (but then I'm an 801 penstyle man from way back). Works great (with adapter) on a 510-based fat batt like the eGO ... and especially on a true 3.7V fat batt like the Riva Special Edition or the 1100 mAh KGO (I have the latter). Even the cone fits over it with no problem

Last edited:

Shady195

Apr 8, 2011
New York
Pass, I agree they are at the top of my list, then my boge LR's. Although there is a flaw with the smoketechs, not that its there fault in the least bit. If you like to switch up your flavors, and you neglect a filled smoketech. They taste quite stale and "musty" on lighter flavors until you vape them a bit and refill them, but they don't seem to vape nearly as well. I only use them now with flavors I vape contantly. The same thing happens with any of them really, but it just seems a little more exaggerated with the smoketechs

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Dual core clears or none clears are at the top for me after trying almost every cartos out there
I know what dual coils are. I assume that "dual coil clears" are like the one on the right of this photo (of Smok Tech dual coils from Hoosier E-Cig Supply):

1303835017201-202821734.jpeg

What are "none clears"?

redcat1948

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
Eugene OR
I'd like to delete this review but can't find a way to do that. I tried the same e-juice in a different brand carto the day after I did this review and went "Oh, s___, this has a burnt taste." So, I deeply apologize to Ikenvapes. This is the original post: Shady, good review. I just tried my first 2 of Iken's LR Mega's. Experience is with a RIVA, usually Boge 2.0's which I was very happy with and I have never burnt a carto until today. Burnt the first one then on the second made sure it was full (filled from top with sryinge and bottom with condom, then dripped some in, then rested it for 2 hours) and I'm still getting a small burnt taste even though I've rinsed my mouth many times. There's a lot to like -- good flavor not counting the burnt part, lots of nice warm vapor, no crackle. I see what you mean about where the black coil is and the center tube is off center on one of mine. I thought I'd like Mega's but have changed my mind -- it's a lot of juice to waste if the carto doesn't work to perfection.

Last edited:

mn shutterbug

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2010
Marshall, MN - USA
I thought I'd like Mega's but have changed my mind -- it's a lot of juice to waste if the carto doesn't work to perfection.

Isn't that the truth. I use cartos but had the same experience. I really detested throwing away 60 or 70 drops of good juice. I've had great luck with normal sized cartos from smokelessimage.com. I've tried them from several companies and believe these are much better than the rest. Even though they aren't mega size, they still hold 55 drops and last me a long time before I have to refill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread