The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

IkenVape Help Center

Discussion in 'IkenVape' started by Iken, Feb 28, 2010.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Iken

Iken Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2009
    PA,USA
    Have a question and don't want the hassle of using emails?
    Here is a central location for any questions e-cig/mod/battery and/or ordering Questions & Answers!

Look at it as a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) for your convenience. Answers to any questions will try to be executed as soon as possible by an IkenVape rep or Experienced Member. :D For efficiency this thread will be stickied, meaning it will always be near the top of the IkenVape sub-forum. So Fire away!

2. Electricnut

Electricnut Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 5, 2009
    East Central Ohio
    The button on my Chameleon started misfiring the other day until it wasn't working at all. I unscrewed one of the end pieces and squirted water through it with a squeeze bulb. Blew the water out. Works perfect again, as it always did. Maybe some juice or dirt got in it.

Don't know if it was the right thing to do but it worked. Would you recommend this, or not?

After about 10 hits with my new Chameleon the buttons stuck and melted the mouthpiece. Yikes. About every fourth push it would stick. Did the same water trick and it works perfect now. Maybe was some debris in it from manufacture or something.

3. Iken

Jan 23, 2009
    PA,USA
    Ahh? You nut! lol I honestly do not know if that was the safest thing to do! The button sector does not have any wiring in it. It's all based on contact but still! Tonight I'll preform water-tests on it, but as it stands, I would be against it. That's great and wonderful that it worked, but still. I'm a little scared of the concept. It very well could've been due to left over debris from the manufacture and there was a little build up of sorts, that I somehow missed.
    [​IMG] Excluding removal tool #1.

4. Electricnut

Dec 5, 2009
    East Central Ohio
    It worked perfect for about 10 hits, then started sticking. Thanks for checking the water treatment. I just was going nuts, ha, thinking I might have to give up my Chameleons, and now I don't have to. Honestly they are both working perfect. I should have asked you first if there was anything I could do myself.

5. Iken

Jan 23, 2009
    PA,USA
    Haha That has to be cool to say! You sound as if your talking about your pets! I'm glad that your Chameleons are healthy, but please make sure to feed them every once and a while and come to me first about out of the blue treatments! lol If you need any kind of replacements, I'm always here for ya Nut!

6. Electricnut

Dec 5, 2009
    East Central Ohio
    Thanks. Much appreciated. They do get a workout, like the first one I got in since December must have a gazillion button hits by now.

7. Iken

Jan 23, 2009
    PA,USA
  8. Electricnut

Dec 5, 2009
    East Central Ohio
    Wow glad I didn't take the buttons apart, based on the picture I think I would be lost. Never was very good at puzzles. I have cleaned the adapters and used a little of that hair removal sandpaper, which I think (hope) you recommended.

9. Iken

Jan 23, 2009
    PA,USA
  10. Electricnut

Dec 5, 2009
    East Central Ohio
    Yes could not clean the inside of the adapters very good. Will try to think of something. I watched the video but how did you get the button pieces out? Does the cap just pop off or unscrew or something?

11. Iken

Jan 23, 2009
    PA,USA
    You actually have to unscrew the bolts on each side. By looking at the sector is it easy to determine which side is removable. Then screw the unit back on to the housing for leverage. Then you slide a narrow enough screwdriver into the hole, just underneath the lip and pop open like a soda bottle. It will come right out much easier. I recommend doing this to both of your units for reference on what goes where. Just remove the components (if need be) out of one of the sectors, not both. You'll see that it's not really all that complicated as it seems.

The adapter, a cotton swap with some alcohol will do you some fine justice;)

12. Electricnut

Dec 5, 2009
    East Central Ohio
    I may try it if I need to but right now they are working perfect. Good idea on the alcohol.

13. HzG8rGrl

HzG8rGrl Trippy Tip Hoarder Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 11, 2009
    *The Swamp*
    How are you getting the pin to pop out. Maybe my hands aren't strong enough. I worked up a blister trying to hold the adapter and push the pin out. Got it 1/2ml but no more.

14. Iken

Jan 23, 2009
    PA,USA
    Thank you! and good idea on your half, "Don't fix it, if it's not broken' hehe
    Aww Tina! I just found something hard but yet soft, held tightly on the adapter (first time with alligator clips) and pushed right through. It was a breeze. I'm sorry your having trouble, would you like to send a few this way for me to unloosen? Dried liquid can make it difficult or helpfule! Try running some hot water on em!

15. Electricnut

Dec 5, 2009
    East Central Ohio
    Update: buttons still working perfect, haven't missed a beat. I'm still scared to take them apart, but I haven't had to, so like you said, If it ain't broke.....

16. cos

cos Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 22, 2009
    St Petersburg Florida
    Iken sorry to change the subject but have a question. someone told me he bought Skinomi shield from you. I want to cover a few of the aluminum mods i have. do you still carry it or know where to get it? thanks
    Cos

17. Iken

Jan 23, 2009
    PA,USA
    No apologies for anything Cos, it's good to see you :)
    This thread is for all types of help in any department.
    I don't have them anymore but I'll be more than happy to point you in the right direction. Skinomi TechSkin - Gadget and Cell Phone Screen Protectors, Skins, Cases, Shields, Covers They're located right in California and their e-mail and phone number is Tel: (562) 692-9013
    customerservice@skinomi.com
    They are Great wonderful people and very easy and flexible to talk to. You can get any protective shield made, all you need is to send them dimensions or better yet a sample. I was dealing with GG, due to the 'manufacturing' process, nothing was evenly made. So if your looking to get that job done, they already have the template, But it's Not going to be accurate. If you need any further info, just shoot. :D

18. cos

cos Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 22, 2009
    St Petersburg Florida
    Iken many thanks for your help. I will be a customer eventually. just bought 2 other Mods and have to cool it for awhile. The Chameleon looks real nice. Best of luck with it. Hope to get 1 in the near future. Take care Iken

19. Thyestean

Thyestean Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 29, 2009
    Upstate NY
    7 hours later and the Chameleons are all sold out again already? 8-o

20. WitchWay

WitchWay Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Dec 30, 2009
    Texas
    I don't think they have been put up yet