IkenVape Help Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
They're pretty much the same WWay, Your old 808's did they come supplied with liquid?
Lol your very welcome! I'm so glad that they didn't cause any harm to you.
And a Big Congrats again for your lil angel graduating!!

Thanks! The 808s I got before came from all over the place, both with and without juice. I went through about 90 cartos before I gave up trying them. I used the 510s you sent on two of the LPVs today for about 10 hours without having to top off or refill and no problems. They have been great. As soon as you have them up on the site I'm going to get some more.

The kiddo made us very proud today, she graduated Cum Laude with a 3.5 GPA :D

MrsIken

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
PA USA
Thanks! The 808s I got before came from all over the place, both with and without juice. I went through about 90 cartos before I gave up trying them. I used the 510s you sent on two of the LPVs today for about 10 hours without having to top off or refill and no problems. They have been great. As soon as you have them up on the site I'm going to get some more.

I'm glad you're liking the carto's and a huge congrats!!!!! to your daughter!!!!

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA

That Is the strangest thing WWay. Hmmm The only thing that I can think of is maybe the manufacture that was making your cartomizers were using cheaply frayed polyester stuffing and each time you activated them, they were probably burning right up. Were you experiencing a 'dusty-type' inhale?
I'll send you a cartomizer with your future to test out. ;)

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
That Is the strangest thing WWay. Hmmm The only thing that I can think of is maybe the manufacture that was making your cartomizers were using cheaply frayed polyester stuffing and each time you activated them, they were probably burning right up. Were you experiencing a 'dusty-type' inhale?
I'll send you a cartomizer with your future to test out. ;)

No dusty type inhale. I believe it has something to do with the open wire down the center. The build on the 510 cartos you have is different. They have a coil like an atty has. That's the only thing I can see that is real different. I will never know what it was for sure, all I do know is the 510s are treating me very well :) That's good enough for me! I'm not PV or choice of setup poor.
Chameleon with a 302
510 LPV1 with one of your LR 510 attys
510 LPV2 with one of your 510 Cartomizers
901 LPV3 with a 901 atty

I'm a happy camper :D

Thank you for all you do!!

whiskey

Moved On
Jan 13, 2010
Mabey not then...It looked cool but I'll stick with reg stuff Ha Ha..The other question was for the bats...I ordered a combo kit w/charger & the rcr123a's but they said 3.0v not 3.7v & that they don't make 3.7v..Is that true? will i be okay with these with a reg 510 atty?:confused:Ps any Eta on 2nd shipment would be awesome dude

A Bump... on the battery question Above on the chameleon? :cool:

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
whiskey I only vape at 3.7 volts, but I'll give you what I know. I do know you can't use a single 3.0 battery to vape, it doesn't have enough voltage to run an atty. It has to be a 3.7 battery. You use the 3.0 batteries, two at a time in series to vape at 6.0 with the extension sleeve.

There are both 3.0 and 3.7 CRC123 batteries, you have to watch if they are 3.0 or 3.7 volts. That's the extent of my knowlege. Isaac is probably real busy today since he added new stock yesterday. I'm betting he has a bunch of orders and is madly packing so he can get them all out. I'm sure he'll be on later and can explain it much better than I can.

Sorry I can't be more help. Can anybody else explain this better?

whiskey

Moved On
Jan 13, 2010
Thanks WW your so cool to help out Isaac..Darn I will have to e-mail the place..I straight out asked for 3.7's & the idiot told me they don't make 3.7 only 3.0..How stupid am I?? Thanks again Witchway!!:(

Update : I Called them they said it would work with 3.0(Battery juction)so now I'm all confused because I thought the cameleon could run on a single123a battery too. Oh well we'll get it figured out I'm sure Ha Ha

Last update--Got so mad, called & made them resend 3.6's Problem solved!!

Last edited:

WitchWay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
I look at it as we all help each other. If I can help, I try. Plenty of people have helped me along the way so it's a Pay It Forward system :)

It's not stupid at all! I still get confused with all the battery options! I think they are telling you wrong. One 3.0 battery does not have enough voltage to run an atty or carto. You need a single CR123a 3.7 battery or I look for the 16340 size. The CR123a batteries come both 3.0 and 3.7. So yes it runs on one CR123a battery as long as it is 3.7v. What batteries and charger did you get from them? The brand you bought may not come in a 3.7 voltage. If they are LifePos they only come 3.0 I believe. I'm sure Isaac or someone else that uses these can explain it much better than I can.

My suggestion is to either send those back or put them up for sale in the classifieds. Then get Isaac's Red AW IMR-16340 CR-123a High Drain batteries and the UltraFire WF-138 Multi-Voltage Battery Charger.

Or hang on to the 3.0 batteries, maybe you'll want to get the extension sleeve and try 6.0 vaping sometime.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Thank you soo much WWay!!!!! :hubba:
Mabey not then...It looked cool but I'll stick with reg stuff Ha Ha..The other question was for the bats...I ordered a combo kit w/charger & the rcr123a's but they said 3.0v not 3.7v & that they don't make 3.7v..Is that true? will i be okay with these with a reg 510 atty?:confused:Ps any Eta on 2nd shipment would be awesome dude
Oooh!! I'm so sorry I missed you Whiskey! I do/don't blame them for not knowing correctly. China is the only place where 3.7V batteries come from, although battery junction Should know this.
There are indeed both types of batteries, but we already know that part.

The kicker is, you can't use both types on the same charger unless its this one here this is the only charger to my knowledge that will allow the 3.0V-3.7V exchange by a flick of switch that lies in the side. It's a very important and to prevent any accidents the switch is actually recessed into the unit.

If you plan on using the Chameleon as-is without the ext sleeve, I highly recommend the high drain Red AW's 3.7V. When other 3.7V batteries are taken off the charger they will have an output of 4.2 for a limited time, then about an hour to two (depending on usage) will drop down to the 3.9-4.0V mark. The High drains are aptly named because they will keep the output to 4.15-4.2 all the way until the cycle ends. De ja vue anyone? Whiskey if I talked about this before just send me an e-slap because I'm not deleting! :D

Oh, like always I missed the root of the question, WWay is right on to a T. You cant use a single 3.0V battery on any atomizer, maybe a 1.5LR, but I cannot confirm.

Uh, seems like something funny is going on at the junction. The only reason I ordered my 3.0V from there is because Isaac was out. I like to do my shopping in onr spot if ya catch my drift. Read on...

Battery/charger concerns - e-Smokers-forum.com · e-Cigarette and e-Smoking discussions

Hmmm 3.85! Ahh Tenergies, I wouldn't trust their quality personally. Not to worry though, even CR2's don't truly give 6V my friend, usually they will have a 3.5 output fresh off the charger then will go down to 3.2V till the cycle is complete. I know it's odd, but its the same principal with 3.7V li-ion batteries, they'll go down to 3.9V and remain that way, when they get depleted, then they will give 3.7V and thats when the battery becomes unusable. Tenergies lack serious quality, after so much use they will drop down to a 30 minute run time. please note my friend the batteries you are using are Unprotected. Even though the protection pops up 5 times in that listing, it's only pertaining to the charger, not the batteries. When using Unprotected in series for 6V, you need to take extra special care with them, because the risks are high of malfunction. Please take care Switch, if (god forbid) your button Ever sticks by accident, remove the batteries IMMEDIATELY, do not worry about the atomizer, Keep the batteries ejection as a priority.

This is not solely directed at you senior Switched but for our silent readers as well. Do Not over exert your Li-ion Batteries to reach the minimum battery currents, when they get weak, place them on the charger. If they are not protected, they will heat up and malfunction (aka Boom).

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Hmmm 3.85! Ahh Tenergies, I wouldn't trust their quality personally. Not to worry though, even CR2's don't truly give 6V my friend, usually they will have a 3.5 output fresh off the charger then will go down to 3.2V till the cycle is complete. I know it's odd, but its the same principal with 3.7V li-ion batteries, they'll go down to 3.9V and remain that way, when they get depleted, then they will give 3.7V and thats when the battery becomes unusable. Tenergies lack serious quality, after so much use they will drop down to a 30 minute run time. please note my friend the batteries you are using are Unprotected. Even though the protection pops up 5 times in that listing, it's only pertaining to the charger, not the batteries. When using Unprotected in series for 6V, you need to take extra special care with them, because the risks are high of malfunction. Please take care Switch, if (god forbid) your button Ever sticks by accident, remove the batteries IMMEDIATELY, do not worry about the atomizer, Keep the batteries ejection as a priority.

This is not solely directed at you senior Switched but for our silent readers as well. Do Not over exert your Li-ion Batteries to reach the minimum battery currents, when they get weak, place them on the charger. If they are not protected, they will heat up and malfunction (aka Boom).

Man you are quick on the draw tonight Issac (you quoted me before I deleted) :). The linked thread was updated so by all means have a look.

So we can all learn from this I'll post my latest:
<<Thanks for all that have helped with my dilemma. It seems that after much research on other unrelated sites that these batteries and charger are indeed safe to use, and compatible for a 6V application.

Not thoroughly convinced (high voltages) I tried a fresh one on the screwdriver and it just barely fired. Swapping the batt out for an AW 3.7V, the atty fired properly.

I had been vaping all evening on an 801 with my tenergys and all was well. I decided to insert my AWs and popped the atty. So I tried the AWs with the XHV 801 @ 5.2 Ohms I had purchased and there was a definite difference.

So I would have to say that these batts do indeed reduce their voltage under load, something I am not set up to measure. The good news is that battery life on these batts is phenomenal at HV. I inserted these in my lizard some time before 4 pm and they are still going with a residual voltage of 3.6V. That being said I believe they are on their last legs, which IMHO is pretty much on par for a 900 mAh battery.

This battery stuff is not the easiest thing to wrap your head around, especially with the inconsistencies of the Chinese mfrs, the reported incidents and all the variable battery specs, not to mention the mumbo jumbo of the specs themselves. Although I have attended Battery U, it will be a long time before I graduate.

I am glad I was cautious with these batteries. It caused me to dig deeper than I normally would because I remained unconvinced. In the long run in retrospect, loosing a $7 atty was far cheaper than any other alternative I was facing. Once again thanks for all your help.>>

Battery/charger concerns - e-Smokers-forum.com · e-Cigarette and e-Smoking discussions

I reposted the link.

The batts in question are protected Tenergy LI Ion 3.0V 900 mAh. These batts come off the charger at 4.2 volts. They will have a residual voltage around 3.95 volts. These batteries will reduce to 3.1/2 volts under load. These are the only protected 3.0V batts I could find. I am not fussy about the LifePO4, and well you was out of stock Isaac.

I never take a mfrs word for anything, especially not "the customer service dept" most of them do not know what they are talking about. But my research has led me to unrelated sites that categorically state that these batteries are "special" and hence why they are charged to that level. A normal (what we would expect) 3.6V (output) charger will not fully charge this batt.

I highly recommend to folks to read the link I have provided. This is IMHO the type of info that doesn't get circulated enough, or is kept secretive. I do not feel embarrassed in any way by posting, this information, because in my books, we are never too cautious, and safety is everyone's concern.

Last edited:

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Man you are quick on the draw tonight Issac (you quoted me before I deleted) :). The linked thread was updated so by all means have a look.

So we can all learn from this I'll post my latest:
<<Thanks for all that have helped with my dilemma. It seems that after much research on other unrelated sites that these batteries and charger are indeed safe to use, and compatible for a 6V application.

Not thoroughly convinced (high voltages) I tried a fresh one on the screwdriver and it just barely fired. Swapping the batt out for an AW 3.7V, the atty fired properly.

I had been vaping all evening on an 801 with my tenergys and all was well. I decided to insert my AWs and popped the atty. So I tried the AWs with the XHV 801 @ 5.2 Ohms I had purchased and there was a definite difference.

So I would have to say that these batts do indeed reduce their voltage under load, something I am not set up to measure. The good news is that battery life on these batts is phenomenal at HV. I inserted these in my lizard some time before 4 pm and they are still going with a residual voltage of 3.6V. That being said I believe they are on their last legs, which IMHO is pretty much on par for a 900 mAh battery.

This battery stuff is not the easiest thing to wrap your head around, especially with the inconsistencies of the Chinese mfrs, the reported incidents and all the variable battery specs, not to mention the mumbo jumbo of the specs themselves. Although I have attended Battery U, it will be a long time before I graduate.

I am glad I was cautious with these batteries. It caused me to dig deeper than I normally would because I remained unconvinced. In the long run in retrospect, loosing a $7 atty was far cheaper than any other alternative I was facing. Once again thanks for all your help.>>

I reposted the link.

The batts in question are protected Tenergy LI Ion 3.0V 900 mAh. These batts come off the charger at 4.2 volts. They will have a residual voltage around 3.95 volts. These batteries will reduce to 3.1/2 volts under load. These are the only protected 3.0V batts I could find. I am not fussy about the LifePO4, and well you was out of stock Isaac.

I never take a mfrs word for anything, especially not "the customer service dept" most of them do not know what they are talking about. But my research has led me to unrelated sites that categorically state that these batteries are "special" and hence why they are charged to that level. A normal (what we would expect) 3.6V (output) charger will not fully charge this batt.

I highly recommend to folks to read the link I have provided. This is IMHO the type of info that doesn't get circulated enough, or is kept secretive. I do not feel embarrassed in any way by posting, this information, because in my books, we are never too cautious, and safety is everyone's concern.
Ahh I see! This kind of stuff is like advice, if it's free, people don't want it, but if they have to pay for it, they'll gladly take it, ahhh information.
You know, when I first received the Wf-138 multivoltage charger, I tested the output of 5.05V! I totally freaked out and requested a recall, then later to find out, that it's not really the volts that matter, it's more of, well I'll give you an excerpt from the owner of AW.
"My stock WF-138 measures around 5.06V. Remember the measurement is open voltage, it
has nothing to do with with the ending voltage. My Nokia cell phone charger outputs 5.7V."

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
In order to preserve what I believe was an important discussion between Isaac and I, I cross linked this thread, with additional info posted in its own thread under "battery and safety". IMHO as this discussion was a great unknown, it will be easily retrievable in comparison with trying to find it here, as a snipit that may become buried with the shear volume of traffic this site receives.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Absolutely Switch, thats why I didn't post there, so we can filter out any idle discussions. Lol I already mess with praises. :oops:
Good call once again my friend!

For anyone looking for that thread, or a
anyone that is concerned for their battery safety or just to learn something thats vital to your equipment Please visit http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ikenvape/84144-batteries-safety.html

Scorched

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Hey guys, long time no see! I have not been too compelled to post on the forums as of late but you can be sure I have done my share of reading.

Anyways, I'm in need of a bit of help. I love my dear lazer but it seems to be failing me. I have been a bit rough with it and dropped it several times but never more than about three feet from the ground. One time, though, I did manage to drop it straight onto the unforgiving cement.

The switch is still working and the spring is still making contact with the battery but the whole threading mechanism that is attached to the spring, button and atomizer is falling out very easily at even the slightest touch. This leaves me with just the battery filled tube. Once it put it back in the tube part it works just fine.

So, would it be okay to put some super glue around the inside of it to keep it together? The paint on it is also pretty scratched up, when are thoes vinyl skins coming in? :D

Oh also, are the 17670 Ultrafire batteries useable with the lazer? Are they compatible with my 139 Ultrafire charger?

Thanks for the help guys.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Hey Scorched!
i was just going to say super glue will do the trick, but you want to make absolute certain that the glue does not touch any of the electrical components, (Where electricity passes through) Because superglue isn't a conductive element, it will stop electricity from flowing. I'll get on with my partner to verify the given advice.

Haha The vinyl's are coming! We were reviewing the AMAZING selections and I'll tell ya, there's a WORLD to choose from! Soooooo many!!!

Our beloved Chinese batteries are aptly named good sir. 17670, 17mm in diameter, 67mm in length and a nice 0 for the technology. I could be incorrect on the latter, but know for certain battery names are deemed by their sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread