Ikenvape wicking and boring wider holes

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbmqcy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Quincy, IL, USA
I've been vaping max vg and I found the slotted boges worked way better at wicking than the smoktek dual punched(2x1mm), that have given me some problems. I haven't tried the 1x2.3mm hole Boges, but the ikenvapes have a good rep. Before I try them, I'm curious what people say about their wicking ability. I see that they list 2x1mm holes, but I know the filler has a lot to do with wicking as well. If it matters, the juices that don't want to wick with the smoktech cartos are Johnson Creek Domestic and Virgin Vapors kona velvet.

On a related note, does a carto punch distort the barrel shape as much if I'm expanding existing holes, as opposed to punching new holes? That's my next attempt to deal with the box of smoktech cartos I've already got, unless I can sell them in the classifieds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
You're looking at the wrong Ikenvape cartos. If what you want is the ability to flow thick VG, you want the Platinum Punch cartos with the 2X3mm holes. Hell, I use them with anything from 80/20 to 20/80 and they work great. I can ID the exact cartos you need if you find the IKV descriptions to be, ah... less than logical. ;-)

Can't help with the carto punch. I use a Dremel and a ball mill or carbide cut off disc.

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
Boge has an LR Carto with a single 3mm hole. I find they wick great.

Ikenvape has a carto with 2 3mm holes. They are called the pre-Punched V2. They wick great too.

I use them both.

As for punching/widening the small holes on any carto, I have not been very successful at that. It always deforms the carto so much that they no longer fit into my tanks. I have not tried the dremmel/drill method, but they sound more reliable.

sbmqcy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Quincy, IL, USA
You're looking at the wrong Ikenvape cartos. If what you want is the ability to flow thick VG, you want the Platinum Punch cartos with the 2X3mm holes. Hell, I use them with anything from 80/20 to 20/80 and they work great. I can ID the exact cartos you need if you find the IKV descriptions to be, ah... less than logical. ;-)

Can't help with the carto punch. I use a Dremel and a ball mill or carbide cut off disc.

I didn't realize the platinum punch and fusion carts were different, other than the flange. Thanks for the info!

sbmqcy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Quincy, IL, USA
Boge has an LR Carto with a single 3mm hole. I find they wick great.

Ikenvape has a carto with 2 3mm holes. They are called the pre-Punched V2. They wick great too.

I use them both.

As for punching/widening the small holes on any carto, I have not been very successful at that. It always deforms the carto so much that they no longer fit into my tanks. I have not tried the dremmel/drill method, but they sound more reliable.

Thanks for the reference on the Boges. I'll check the thread for where to find those.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I've been vaping max vg and I found the slotted boges worked way better at wicking than the smoktek dual punched(2x1mm), that have given me some problems. I haven't tried the 1x2.3mm hole Boges, but the ikenvapes have a good rep. Before I try them, I'm curious what people say about their wicking ability. I see that they list 2x1mm holes, but I know the filler has a lot to do with wicking as well. If it matters, the juices that don't want to wick with the smoktech cartos are Johnson Creek Domestic and Virgin Vapors kona velvet.

On a related note, does a carto punch distort the barrel shape as much if I'm expanding existing holes, as opposed to punching new holes? That's my next attempt to deal with the box of smoktech cartos I've already got, unless I can sell them in the classifieds.

I would try punching a new hole in between the existing holes. Perhaps a bit higher on the carto, I hear that works well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread