I'm a newbie and need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joel Beckham

Dec 30, 2017
So I just got my first rda and I built it so I'm not blowing up which I consider a great start. But I'm not getting much flavor and since I'm new to this idk what to do. I went to where I bought it and they didn't really seem like they knew either. I'm currently running dual tiger coils on a bonza rda. I'd appreciate any tips cause I'm not sure if it's my settings or my wicking or the coils. Thanks in advanced.

Attachments

• 15146761280363452583283743864759.jpg
    15146761280363452583283743864759.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 27

Joel Beckham

Dec 30, 2017
Without knowing the specifics on the build and just looking at the picture you provided I'd say you need to raise your coils up so the airflow is hitting the lower side of yhe coils. Also make sure the wicking is not blocking the airflow going underneath the coils.
View attachment 709505
Thanks for the advice, I tried it and it definitely helped.

Joel Beckham

Dec 30, 2017
How many watts and what resistance (ohms)? I imagine those might take a while to heat up, especially if the wattage is set low.
Currently after adjusting the coils like don suggested .23 ohms and 79 W, I've been firing before hitting and that's been helping a bit too because it does take a couple secs to heat up, I'm not sure how high is safe to go or I'd increase the watts

Reactions: Letitia

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
So I'm definitely getting more flavor but is the juice popping something that just goes away or is it something with the build? Keep burning my tongue and occasionally my face from the air holes
Did you rewick with more cotton? If not, do so. The juice is popping off the coil where cotton isn't completely touching probably.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I have other coils if they'd work better
Tiger coils if well made are great flavor coils. Easy to under wick tho because the wire pulls a bit at the cotton. Trial and error. Wouldn't ditch the coils. You'll get there. Listen and learn from Don, he has a lot of experience to offer.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
For the cotton I heard that it's better if you take the top and bottom "thicker layer" off, is it actually better or is it just kinda preference?
If you're using pads definitely take the top and bottom layer off. That skin is not good. I've used many many different types of coils. My personal preference is rectangle wire coils or fused clapton coils. I recommend getting an Avidartsan Daedalus kit and that way you can make whatever kind of claptons you want easily. For power mode I use rectangle wire coils and for tc mode I use ss 316l fused claptons. Thats my preference. I like big clouds and lots of flavor. I also make my own juice that is 90vg/10pg. I use that in all my RTAs/RDTAs/RDAs.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I rewicked, does this look better before I put juice on it? It definitely had some resistance, was moving the wraps but after pulling the other way they went back to place, general placement wasn't changed though, and I remembered to leave space underneath for the airflow. View attachment 709515

That looks good. Juice it up and make some happy clouds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread