• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

I'm a recovering tobacco-holic and this is my confession...

Status
Not open for further replies.

winx19

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2012
w.est
great thread.

have been a smoker for 20 years, averaging 2 packs a day. half a pack almost gone by mid day. started to vape 2-3 years back but due to lack to resources, went back. but now, determined to keep off the cigs, only smoking in public places. vape exclusively at home. so far, 1 pack would last me almost a week or more, have to keep in ziplock bags to keep the cig "fresh". but there isnt much taste / urge on cig now, so i think soon, i will be off cig for good.

vape safe all...

plumeofred

ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2014
I have smoked for about 10 years. 2-3 packs a week. i vaped for about 3-4 months 5 years back during the egostick time. Redbull, cola, ry4 was the "in" flavours back then. Went back to smoking cos got no kick and flavours really sucked. Last year i decided to try vaping again cos i found my old stash and thought why not.

Bought a eleaf iStick 20 watts and an aerotank mini and thought that was the best sh*t ever. First flavour i tried was my 4 year old cola juice. Tasted nasty. haha. I bought some FF yellow, changed my life forever. From the day i got that juice, I have never smoked. Maybe 3-4 sticks in over 10 months just to try try. I'd rather drink my 4 year old cola juice than smoke again.

I feel that the key to quiting smoking totally like me is you really have to want to quit. If you can give yourself a chance to try and totally stop smoking for at least 1-2 weeks would be best. It would really make a difference. I know it is hard but really it is all in the mind. We also have our equipment to aid us in quiting. Make use of vaping. Right now might be your only chance.

cloudysheep

Account closed on request
Oct 5, 2015
behind you
just started vaping recently (roughly 3 weeks?), went from a pack a day.. to a pack in 3-4 days.. really hopeful in quitting and vaping for life.. lol
change your habits also.... it helps... eg if you normally drink coffee at a certain time change the drink or time, if you walk home using a certain route, change to a diff one.....etc etc...

it helps to disassociate from the instances where your body has 'remembered' where it needs/ wants to light up

Comrade Vape

Verified Member
Oct 4, 2015
Local
change your habits also.... it helps... eg if you normally drink coffee at a certain time change the drink or time, if you walk home using a certain route, change to a diff one.....etc etc...

it helps to disassociate from the instances where your body has 'remembered' where it needs/ wants to light up
Wah... such a serious and helpful response... cloudy must have gotten hacked!

plumeofred

ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2014
Oh, and I remembered when I first started vaping, I had a badass sorethroat for the longest time. Did anybody experience that? But after I recovered, all is good~
I had A LOT of phlegm during the first 2 weeks or so. Like really bad. At first i thought i had pneumonia or something cos i was wheezing at times. What was actually happening is the body is getting rid of all the excessive excretions from our airway. This excretions happens as it is actually acting as a filter to the smoke that we inhale while smoking.

All i can say is, please don't worry too much about the phlegm. It coming out is a good thing. Different people have different reactions. Btw PG in our juices act as a mild antimicrobial. That is why some people are allergic to it but not to VG.

P.S.
I'm not a doctor but im close. Can call me doctor also if you want ok. Don't be shy. heheh. Any health related questions can come ask me. I will try my best to answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread