Status
Not open for further replies.

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
I hung on to the very end using the Chinese attys. I finally expanded my comfort zone, purchased a couple RM2's and commited myself to learning how to make coils and wicks. It's worked out better than I had hoped.
Today I got a wild hair and applied a 1/16th inch drill bit to the breather-hole in my RM2. I know this is the most common alteration known to RM2 users but I hate to rush into things.
That said, what a difference! It's like a whole different atty--as if it wasn't great already.
If there is anyone who hasn't already enlarged the hole on the RM2 cap, let me say that the metal in the cap is very soft and I did it without a drill. Just spun the 1/16th inch between my fingers and it was easy as pie.
Now if you are happy with the draw on the RM2 as it is and haven't altered the breathing hole in the cap, I'm not suggesting you do so. I'm just saying that if you've sat and wondered about the REOville opinions that enlarging the hole was the way to go but you found you had feet of clay like I did--let me tell you, it's worth the risk. JMO:)

Last edited:

custom-classic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2013
USA
I hung on to the very end using the Chinese attys. I finally expanded my comfort zone, purchased a couple RM2's and commited myself to learning how to make coils and wicks. It's worked out better than I had hoped.
Today I got a wild hair and applied a 1/16th inch drill bit to the breather-hole in my RM2. I know this is the most common alteration known to RM2 users but I hate to rush into things.
That said, what a difference! It's like a whole different atty--as if it wasn't great already.
If there is anyone who hasn't already enlarged the hole on the RM2 cap, let me say that the metal in the cap is very soft and I did it without a drill. Just spun the 1/16th inch between my fingers and it was easy as pie.
Now if you are happy with the draw on the RM2 as it is and haven't altered the breathing hole in the cap, I'm not suggesting you do so. I'm just saying that if you've sat and wondered about the REOville opinions that enlarging the hole was the way to go but you found you had feet of clay like I did--let me tell you, it's worth the risk. JMO:)

Out of curiosity, do you lung hit or mouth to lung?

marsos52

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2013
new jersey
People use sub ohms (below 1 0hm) to make the vape warmer, and to produce big vape clouds.

Most make coils from .3 (more extreme), to .8 (less extreme).

Also to get the most from real low ohm coils and to get down to .3 or .4
or .5 dual coils come into play also. But, what must be understood it is just not the ohms of the coil. proper batteries that are able to ramp up higher amps are key as well as taking in enough air to produce the vape.

Each of these factors make up the equation, leave one out and either you'll get bad results or even worst make a disaster happen.
Before going to these levels one needs to read a lot. Not a good idea just to watch a You Tube and copy what you see the reviewer has done.

For example: Some say lower ohms gives bigger clouds and less flavor, if this is happening then something in the equation is missing of not correct. when going this direction vaping changes as what you know or think vaporing is. It's a different world in vaping.

For me. extreme sub ohm vaping was not satisfying. but I do sub ohm vape at .8ohms (single coil) 100% of the time. It's my vaping spot
that works for my tastes.

Last edited:

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
:lol: you're in the right thread. Ha. I've reamed mine out, too...and I like the draw better than with the stock hole. But I didn't go to 1/16....I'm somewhere less than that. Every little bit changes the vape a little, so I just reamed them out a little then tried it....found my sweet spot and stuck. You're right....it's very soft metal and doesn't take much pressure to open it up a little. I have some little round files (jewelry files) that worked great.

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
bushmaster,
I know I talked more about sub-ohming than air hole size for a atty. Please understand why I was trying to point out.
the size of the air hole and the ohms of your coil are part of the total equation.
They are just two of the parts, and they work together.
I understand. That makes perfect sense.Change one part, have to change the other to attain a kind of equilibrium. Thanks for the heads-up.:)

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
Bushmaster, you sir, inspired me to go ahead and drill one of my rm2's out to 1/16th.
6/7 wrap micro coil, 28g kanthal on a 1/16th drill bit. .9 ohms.
I was hesitant, as you were, to try it.
Couldn't be happier with the results!!! Thank you sir!!! :D
My pleasure.:)
We are, after all, just making this up as we go along, don't you think?

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
Indeed...

Stay warm up there in the brush my friend. :toast:

I'm working at it. It's 7 degrees below zero right now at 8:30 PT. I keep stoking the wood stove but the furnace still kicks on from time to time. If it stays clear, it could 15 to 20 below by morning. I actually had to bring my beer in from the porch room because it was freezing into slush. I hate that.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread