The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

I'm amazed and amused ...

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by rico942, Dec 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. rico942

rico942 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2013
    Carlsbad, CA
    Now I have no intention of poking fun or being mean, and I'm always impressed by people who speak more than one language. My own weak attempts at Spanish probably sound pretty funny in Mexico ...

But I occasionally do proofreading for business websites and official correspondence, and tend to notice typos and questionable grammer and syntax ...

So I'm Googling for a source for a replacement battery for an Ovale Elips, and find a Chinese website offering the unit in bulk. I swear I have not edited one word, just copied and pasted some of the more humorous segments describing the product ...

I surely hope that no one takes this seriously, especially the "Locations" list ... :shock:

("oil spill" made me scratch my head, but the reference to "smoke bombs" finally made me snort coffee on my keyboard) ... :oops:

Here's the link to the site, I'm certain there's more amazing descriptions there, sure to bring a smile ... :)

360mah 820puffs Ovale Elips E-Cigarette No Oil Spill , Big Smoke

2. Chimney34

Chimney34 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sorry in advance as OP stated (if anyone is offended) but this is wayyyy toooooo funny:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Now I have to click on the link...just can't resist!!

3. Anthal69

Anthal69 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 4, 2013
    Albany, Oregon
    Relevant translation at its best!! Soon, China....soon. Engrish lost this one.

Share the cloud!!

4. Rickajho

Rickajho ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 23, 2011
    Boston MA
    Yeah. Businesses relying on Google translate - really bad idea.

5. Recycled Roadkill
    This message by Recycled Roadkill has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Dec 31, 2013, Reason: Offensive.
    Dec 31, 2013
  6. Rickajho

Apr 23, 2011
    Boston MA
    Why? They made it perfectly clear that "oil spill" and "smoke bombs" are "good for environment". :blink:

7. rico942

Jul 12, 2013
    Carlsbad, CA
    Hey Chimney, I'm especially pleased that you got a good chuckle out of this ! :laugh:

I remember you as one of the most helpful and encouraging posters here on ECF, with always a kind word and sound advice ...

If you find some more astounding "facts" about PVs on that site, please share, a good hearty belly laugh is hard to come by these days ... :D

Rico

8. Anthal69

Anthal69 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 4, 2013
    Albany, Oregon
    You know, this type of obvious inept translation makes me glad that I buy my eliquid from a buddy that lives 5 miles away. I know they're trying and I applaud that(I could never even learn mandarin), but if I read a description of my RY4 that said it wouldn't cause an oil spill......I may just pick up an analog.

Share the cloud!!

9. Orobas

Orobas Equine Disrespect Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 3, 2012
    Jarhead City
    [​IMG]

Much vapor. Very stealth. Such healthkeeping. Wow.

10. Chimney34

Hey sweetie! I remember you as well! :) Glad to see you're still around! After the day I've had I needed that laugh!

Oil spills! Smoke bombs! Gas sensing switch control!! I'm scared to put my lips on one of those 'Elips' hehehe
    Thank you my friend! You have no idea how much I needed that chuckle!
    I will most certainly let you know if I stumble on anything that tops this one:laugh:

11. Chimney34

Not as good as yours my friend but I found 1 part of this charger description very ummmm...interesting

Black Wall / Car Electronic Cigarette Chargers Cable USB With CE ROHS

Quick Detail:

Cable USB Charger for Electronic Cigarettes
    Can match USB charger to charge all kinds of e cigarettes
    Certificates: CE, RoHS
    OEM and ODM orders are welcomed

Description:

Electronic cigarette charger, you need the USB cable first
    Electronic cigarette with battery pole connection and then head into the computer or a USB adapter, access adapter, directly into the wall plug charger
    Full charge, the light turned from red to green
    It is suggested to inhale after the battery is fully charged
    It is recommended to store the battery in a cool and dry environment, handle the battery with great care, never drop or throw the battery against a hard surface
    It is very important to keep the battery away from direct heat and sharp objects

The bold sections are the best I could find but the part about inhaling is so baffling to me:lol:

12. serenity21899

serenity21899 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2013
    Antioch IL
    FastTech is pretty amusing, too. Healthkeeping sets....Tar....Extra large capacity makes you enjoy E-cigarette for a long time

13. rico942

Jul 12, 2013
    Carlsbad, CA
    I have done this. Shame on me ... :oops: :laugh:

14. Chimney34

As long as you don't 'head into your computer' you should be fine:lol:

Oh...was it charged then you did it? Hope you didn't forget to inhale:laugh:

Oh gosh! I'm laughing wayyyy too much! I think these meds are finally taking over again! Hehehe!

15. rico942

Jul 12, 2013
    Carlsbad, CA
    Yes, by all means avoid this juice. It will improve your health, but unfortunately also makes you a dull and uninteresting person as a side effect. Local juices are the way to go ...:thumb:

16. rico942

Jul 12, 2013
    Carlsbad, CA
    No way I can hold my breath that long ... :oops: :shock: :laugh:

17. RosaJ

RosaJ Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 30, 2012
    The Woodlands, TX, USA
    OMG, I'm still laughing after reading all the posts. Thank you Rico, I really needed this right before going to bed.

Loff you long tine man, hah!:D

18. Rickajho

Apr 23, 2011
    Boston MA
    A long time ago, eons before Google even existed, I had a "thing" that came with an instruction manual. Said instruction manual was leading me down the path of "The way of connection" to "Insertion of the golden finger"...

Anyone care to hazard a guess as to what my thing was that required "insertion of the golden finger"? (And you better keep in clean kids.)

19. The Ocelot

The Ocelot Psychopomp Verified Member ECF Veteran

20. MamaTried

MamaTried Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 31, 2013
    Northern California
  21. Jenn Perry

Jenn Perry Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.