I'm at a loss...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to give everyone a quick heads up, I did invest in a Vamo V5 (with the 18650 battery) just now. Using it on my Nautilus tank has been amazing! Good flavor, good vapor production, nice lung fulfillment.

I think I'm going to try going with a full 12mg juice instead of the weakened (50/50 12mg/6mg in a 5ml tank) juice I've had to make due with (since 12 straight was too harsh with my Vision Spinner & Kanger T3S).

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hi Jc. So it appears that you have found a reliable power source and a good feed system. All you need to iron out the liquid situation. I began Vaping almost four years ago. ... and I too spent way too much money on equipment until I found the ECF. ... I realized that my nic level was too low.... my device was too low power and I had done a good thing finding Vaping but I had gone about it the wrong way. It took me six months of agony to finally search the Internet and when I found this place I hit my stride. If I where to give you advice I would recommend you to find a high Vg liquid and up your nic level.... The Vg will smooth out the hit of the nic.... The problem with that the high Vg may be an issue in the Nautilus. . Ask around about that one before you pull the trigger on a new liquid.

I had the horrid harsh hit from most liquids that i tried until someone told me to do a liquid with high Vg... that is what allowed me to vape high enough nic levels to keep me off the stinkies..... Good Luck. Happy Vaping.

miking

Oct 12, 2014
pasco fl
Believe me you are not alone by any means. I was at 3 packs a day. The change over from cigs to vaping was a roller coaster ride for me. I started with 2 1100 mah ego batteries and aspire bdc clearomizers and 24mg juices. That didn't cut it for me. a battery only lasted me maybe two hours I so bought more. I still felt like I wasn't getting enough smoke either. So I bought a k100 mechanical mod and a kanger pro tank. It was better because of the bigger 18650 lithium batteries they lasted longer. I bought a dripper to mess with and yes plenty of vapor but also nicotine overdose. I understand electric so building coils and battery safety weren't an issue but never gave a thought to what putting 24mg juice in it would do. Headaches, insomnia, red itchy eyes,and extreme thirst for me. I don't recommend any more than 6 mg dripping. Dripping is also inconvenient for me because I drive alot for work. It was when I purchased my vamo v5 and my kayfun lite that everything clicked. you can both on ebay right now for like $50 the katfun is a rebuildable but has great flavor and decent vapor and isn't super hard to build. actually your aspire nautilus should work great on the vamo it is vv and vw it gives a very consistent vape and mine has been through hell (dropped many times once off a ladder, I've even had it submerged in a puddle) it's still works great. It was the best $35 I've spent on vape gear by far. I have 7 other mods now and I still use it I also haven't had a cigarette in over 8 months. Just hang in there after about a month you won't be able to stand the taste of cigs anymore. Trust me.

TwistedThrottle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Washington
I have tried out, but I can barely handle the 12mg nic. Feels like red-hot razorbladeson the inhale. It's been tough getting to where I am... The Nautilus BDC I have now still equipped some adjusting...but it's giving me a better vape overall so far.

Another thing to think of is PG. I thought the intense throat hit was the nicotine- and some of it is, but a lot of it comes from propoline glycol. A lot of the mixes in the stores are 80/20 pg/vg. If you have the ability to adjust to a 50/50 (or more) blend it might allow you a higher nicotine level with less throat irritation. I had a real issue with pg so I phased it out. Good luck, and I hope this helps.

Would the Nautilus bdc be able to handle an 80vg/20pg juice workout burning our the coils relatively quickly? I just discovered Mount Baker Vapors and they've got a few tasty-sounding juices. Plus they're on sale and you get an extra one free when you spend $15. They don't offer a 60vg/30pg option, so it'd be 50/50 or the 80vg/20pg.

Chickentender

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2014
Seattle
Youre definitely not alone, and it sounds like now youre nearly there. :) This guy's review is right up your alley in terms of simplicity and needs for vaping (and tons of others as well, myself included, no doubt) and it may interest you. (Check out a Youtube search for "iSmoka Eleaf iStick 20 Watt TVC review-Vaping Bliss on a $50.00 budget & Aspire K1 BVC review" .... looks like i'm too much of a newbie to post web links)

btw, I've been vaping mostly 70/30 (vg/pg) for the past 13 days on the original coil in my Nautilus Mini with the BVC coils... Doesn't seem to affect the life of the coil nearly as much as I was warned.

Last edited:

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
Jc I cannot properly answer the question about the Nautilus. ....but if I where to bet my answer is yes it will work just fine.

Here is the thing about coils in general... they are consumables. Meaning that they will wear out. The main determining factors for how quickly they fail as I know it are color and sweetness. ... The darker the liquid the faster they will normally gunk up. The sweeter also holds true for me personally. ...

If you just allow yourself to know that a pack of five coils may last upwards of a month... I think that is a fair trade off..... out of all the ready made tanks I have personally tried the Nautilus is the one I could actually see myself as being comfortable with. Here's to hoping that this works as expected. Good Luck. Happy Vaping.

Warpigs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
USA
This is why I went straight to a Silver Bullet. You can spend a fortune for stuff that is not good and you get fustrated. For my full set up was about $200. But it has paid for itself many times over and I haven't had any problems. Were I live cigs can go for $6.00+ a pack. That adds up quicklike when your smoking 2-3 packs a day and spending money on chewing 3 bags of Red Man a week. Cartons are over 50 bucks. 50 bucks I can get like 7 months worth of vape stuff.

daz2013

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2013
UK
This is why I went straight to a Silver Bullet. You can spend a fortune for stuff that is not good and you get fustrated. For my full set up was about $200. But it has paid for itself many times over and I haven't had any problems. Were I live cigs can go for $6.00+ a pack. That adds up quicklike when your smoking 2-3 packs a day and spending money on chewing 3 bags of Red Man a week. Cartons are over 50 bucks. 50 bucks I can get like 7 months worth of vape stuff.

That's cheap over here they are £7+ a pack there and it's no wonder so many are switching when they realize the savings

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2

Warpigs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
USA
That's cheap over here they are £7+ a pack there and it's no wonder so many are switching when they realize the savings

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah it's like they upped the price so far that people are looking for something else, then they want to regulate vape as it's starting to boom over regular tobacco. It's all about money to them.Tobacco companies that have been killing people for decades, and now that they have compitition
with vapers they want a piece of our pie now. Sorry I have 0 sympothy for tobacco company's. They knew they were killing people and made billlions of dollars from it. CVS does not sell any tobacco products now. I hope this spreads as fast as the tobacco companies got people hooked on cigs with 7k+ nasties in them to make you more addicted faster.

Down with the cancer sticks, VAPE ON! :)

I want that beautiful feeling in my lungs! Lol
I've always smoked menthol, so it's that deep, full feeling that my lungs aren't getting that I feel like I need. I got it once I a dripper, but his setup was equivalent to my car note. I'm not willing to commit to that nor do I want to deal with dripping at all.

I get the lung hit every now and again, so that's why I keep chasing that Dragon.

I think part of it, too, is that my mind is equating draw length and tightness with how much vapor I should expel based on dragging on ciggs, i.e.: tighter packed cigg, longer drag= fulfillment + lots of smoke exhaled.

Hi, I`m new hear but have a lot of knowlege about that lung hit. I smoked for 60 years. I started vaping on the 4th of July and haven`t looked back. I am using a Aspire BDC with the duel coils like you have but I`m using the 24mg juice I tried the 18 and it just didn`t get for me. Maybe you should step up the nicotine from what your using and see if that helps. You can always cut down later.

Last edited:

brickfollett

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2013
Washington
I'm currently using a silo+bvc, basically an improved Nautilus with increased airflow on the provari p3. It's exquisite to say the least. Traditionally, I use a reo+trident v2 at 0.37 ohms and it's both a vapor chucker and a flavor chaser, but I've always had a thing for provaris. I'd look into mechanical mods and drippers if your not satisfied. Make dead sure you do your research before even thinking about building a dripper for a mech. Lots of battery safety stuff to take into consideration and toy need to make sure your mod won't vent a battery, which is bad news bears... Drippers+high wattage will get the job done though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread