Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
My doc had to accept my vaping benefits in that my:

- systolic and diastolic BP dropped 15 points each
- O2 absorption level went from 92 up to 99
- five year old chest x-ray exposed the beginnings of emphysema; new x-ray four months ago, "lungs normal for patient's age (66 yo)"

Did your doc/azzhat even look at your stats? Probably not...

Time to find a knowledgeable/competent physician!

Good luck to ya...
thumbsup.gif

Schnarph

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Dripping Springs, TX
Get a new doctor. Doctors can make occasional mistakes just like anyone, but they're not allowed to be completely wrong, siding with a minority of research that is easily debunked. I would go into more detail but this has been done already by most responses so far. 3 is the same as 30... this doctor knows as little about smoking as they do vaping.

I liked all but 5 posts in this thread, only because 5 of them have little or nothing to do with the OP. This is an odd topic to go off on an unrelated tangent.

jpargana

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
Portugal
And maybe I shouldn't be so I thought I would post and get thoughts. I went to my doctor and she says, "your e-cig is as bad as the real thing" and when I told her that because of it I was down to 3 "real" cigarettes per day she says "three per day may as well be thirty. It's duration of smoking not amount you smoke."

I left feeling really blah. I know for myself that I do not cough as much. I feel better and have more energy but, dang... she just made me feel stupid. :confused:

JAG

Well, you shouldn't... actually, I was your doctor that showed herself in her glorious stupidity...

My advise, in a nutshel?? Just get a new doctor. I would be like to be treated by someone who knows, rationally, what he's doing. When ideology gets in the way of effective treatments and in the way of the patient's best interest, you will the one who suffers. I would wonder, "If my doctor cannot have an objective mind on this subject, what about the others?"

Medicine is a science. Ideology belongs in church. When you mix them, nothing good can happen to the patients.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I learned a long time ago why they called it 'practicing medicine'. Cause they ain't got it right yet... I can't tell you how many doctors I have had in my life, but I tell them all one thing. If they don't take care of me(meaning my health comes before any organizations and/or rules) then no thank you. I had my last doctor(primary physician) try to put me on a medication that I did not want. I refused to have the script filled and told them about it and why(too many side effects that are worse than the symptoms). When their interest clearly is not in the patient's health, time to find another. What ever happened to good old common sense? oh yeah, got sidetracked by numbers quota's and money.
Good luck to you, Jag. There are just way too many people benefiting from ecigs, myself included, to be so easily dismissed. You are on the right path. Don't allow anyone to sway you from whatever it is that you know to be true.

:)

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
People, including supposedly educated professional tend to reject what they do not understand ... You should have asked your doctor to EXPLAIN her position, and opinion regarding the safety of electronic cigarettes, for which I bet she would not have had an intelligent response.

You should have also asked her how beneficial are the prescription drugs that she prescribes everyday, with known health threatening side effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread