RDA Im gonna beat my head against the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic Of Light

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Englewood Ohio
Hi yall, been searching for some RDA that I can use single coil builds for MTL vaping. Im strictly anywhere from 1.8-2.2 ohm single coil kanthal guy. And im about to beat my head against the wall trying to find an RDA. The original Magma looks awesome to me, but having to unscrew it may be a pain for dripping, but you cant find the infinite 1:1 clones anywhere i think. I even reached out to infinite in an email.

The Magma Reborn looks too big and airy for a proper MTL vape, correct me if im wrong there. But its also massive 24mm. I gotta have a nice tight vape for good throat hits.

The Origen V2 is also promising, but watching people rebuild it doing the vertical coils makes me take a step back, cause I dont want to perform surgery. Just want to wrap it, slap it, and vape it.

Any help yall could give me to point me in the right direction would be very useful. I have found some original Magma clones, some are tobecco, some are hcigar. The Magma reborn I have no idea if it will work for MTL since nobody reviews for that EVER anymore pretty much.

Im just at my wits end hunting for things. There is so much, but all of it is catered to sub ohming now.

**Edit, I forgot to mention that for the magma, having 0 or just 1 orings is a huge selling point. I love that it has a barrel on them. But with any clone, there is good ones and bad ones, just dont know which to get.

Last edited:
Reactions: Racehorse

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Hi yall, been searching for some RDA that I can use single coil builds for MTL vaping. Im strictly anywhere from 1.8-2.2 ohm single coil kanthal guy. And im about to beat my head against the wall trying to find an RDA. The original Magma looks awesome to me, but having to unscrew it may be a pain for dripping, but you cant find the infinite 1:1 clones anywhere i think. I even reached out to infinite in an email.

The Magma Reborn looks too big and airy for a proper MTL vape, correct me if im wrong there. But its also massive 24mm. I gotta have a nice tight vape for good throat hits.

The Origen V2 is also promising, but watching people rebuild it doing the vertical coils makes me take a step back, cause I dont want to perform surgery. Just want to wrap it, slap it, and vape it.

Any help yall could give me to point me in the right direction would be very useful. I have found some original Magma clones, some are tobecco, some are hcigar. The Magma reborn I have no idea if it will work for MTL since nobody reviews for that EVER anymore pretty much.

Im just at my wits end hunting for things. There is so much, but all of it is catered to sub ohming now.

**Edit, I forgot to mention that for the magma, having 0 or just 1 orings is a huge selling point. I love that it has a barrel on them. But with any clone, there is good ones and bad ones, just dont know which to get.
I build single 1.4 ohm coils with stainless for temp control and MTL and also want something that won't leak in my pocket. What's doing that for me is the SV rda clone from FT with a wide silicone slip ring added. It's the only atomizer I use.
$7.16 SV Style RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Pico%2Bsleeve.jpg

It's also good at flavor which allows me to use a small percent of flaoring so there is not much oder if there is a leak in my pocket and not much detectable odor from the vapor.

Magic Of Light

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Englewood Ohio
The SV looks like it is made more for vertical coils, is there any advantage to doing vertical coils? Im looking hard at the veritas, and i found some 1:1 magma clones. But I heard they have leaking issues. The snapdragon, narda, and veritas look the most promising to me atm. The SV air holes also look fairly large. I like a nice tight draw, cause i really like that throat punch. The harder the throat hit the better, just dont wanna use more nic to get it :D

I want to add that when i choose one, ill probably be buying 2-3 of 2 different ones most likely. Or maybe a couple of 3 kinds. Not sure if we can order from fasttech after 8/8 so im gonna buy everything i can while i can.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    I've had a WoToFo Serpent Mini for less than a month now and it has become my #1 RTA! Watch some Youtube reviews. The only con for me, which really isn't a con anymore.., and mentioned on every review I've watched, is the 'grub screw thing'. Super tank though. I build my coils to be close to or slightly over 2 ohms resistance.

CagedSpam

ECF Veteran
    Mar 12, 2015
    FoPo, Oregon
    I build single 1.4 ohm coils with stainless for temp control and MTL and also want something that won't leak in my pocket. What's doing that for me is the SV rda clone from FT with a wide silicone slip ring added. It's the only atomizer I use.
    $7.16 SV Style RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

It's also good at flavor which allows me to use a small percent of flaoring so there is not much oder if there is a leak in my pocket and not much detectable odor from the vapor.

Question. Are you using the slip ring to block some of the air holes? I couldn't quite tell from the FT pics. It looks like it has 2 sleeves but no adjustment to Really tighten down the air.

Thank you

Magic Of Light

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Englewood Ohio
    Good plan. Flavor is #1 for me. Could you post your take on flavor comparing (X = 7.5, Y =7.7, z =8.1,etc) your selection?
    I can definitely do that. Currently I am struggling with figuring out this Dx Banana Cream flavor I have. Its AMAZING when you first put a new wick on, but I only vaped it like maybe 5-6 times last night, woke up today and its got MUCH MUCH less flavor, and very low throat hit again. It seems like that particular flavor is just inconsistent. Its great on a new wick and coil at 10% even. But because of the issues it has I upped it to 15%. Woke up this morning and even at 15% its less flavorful than anything else I have atm and lower throat hit than my half oxidized orange and cream. So, for the record, avoid DX banana cream from TFA. It seems to only like a very fresh wick, and does not like being left in any atomizer. IDK whats the deal with it, but it ticks me off.

Last night when i had the 15% flavor batch in, it was way too much flavor. 5-6 draws, sat overnight, now it is tasting more like 12mg 8% flavor when its 18mg 15%. Avoid it i say.

Reactions: BrotherBob

Magic Of Light

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Englewood Ohio
    I found another atty I am looking at pretty hard. The Xpure Classic. Its got option for single or dual coil, fully adjustable airflow, 510 drip tip compatible, nice deep juice wells. It looks like a really good atty. And its by Smok also. Anyone have any experience with that one? It looks like you cant adjust the airflow to only one side sadly, not sure if that is as bad as i think though.

Magic Of Light

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Englewood Ohio
    I can definitely do that. Currently I am struggling with figuring out this Dx Banana Cream flavor I have. Its AMAZING when you first put a new wick on, but I only vaped it like maybe 5-6 times last night, woke up today and its got MUCH MUCH less flavor, and very low throat hit again. It seems like that particular flavor is just inconsistent. Its great on a new wick and coil at 10% even. But because of the issues it has I upped it to 15%. Woke up this morning and even at 15% its less flavorful than anything else I have atm and lower throat hit than my half oxidized orange and cream. So, for the record, avoid DX banana cream from TFA. It seems to only like a very fresh wick, and does not like being left in any atomizer. IDK whats the deal with it, but it ticks me off.

Last night when i had the 15% flavor batch in, it was way too much flavor. 5-6 draws, sat overnight, now it is tasting more like 12mg 8% flavor when its 18mg 15%. Avoid it i say.

It turns out I had a terrible leak in my tank. I picked up the banana cream to test it and examine it closer, and it had about 1ml of juice that drained out of it overnight that I didnt notice. Thats part of the reason im searching for a bunch of good RDA. Even if you get a little leaking, it can never be as bad as a tank with 3ml with a leak in it. With the leak fixed it isnt completely flooded now, that was most definitely the problem. Its hitting like a champ now, now i have to modify my review of the flavoring :\

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014
    Question. Are you using the slip ring to block some of the air holes? I couldn't quite tell from the FT pics. It looks like it has 2 sleeves but no adjustment to Really tighten down the air.

Thank you
    Here is the slip ring I'm using. $2.47 Silicone Anti-slip Ring for E-Cigarette Atomizers / Mods (10-Pack) 10-pack - 22mm outer diameter / 18mm inner diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping It's turned inside out to hide the ghastly printing the Chinese think we want. (I'd pay extra for plain) It is taller than the standard ones so tight enough to not slip in my pocket. I slide it up and down. If it gets a bit too slippery from contact with liquid rine in water, dry and it's sticky again. When I got my first SV I thought the same as you, only vertical. I was wrong. I build horizontal coils on it. It is a bit more fiddly to build than others but I put up with that because I only have to rebuild every couple of weeks, it does an outstaning job at flavor. With are supply on just one side it's easier to avoid leaking. I'm still looking at rda's, hoping to see one I might like better than the SV. No luck do far. The setup in the photo is my all day, everyday everywhere setup except sometimes I'll use a VTC minni. I use a wide drip tip so I can drip without removing it.

Last edited:

300fury

ECF Veteran
    Apr 6, 2013
    Rochester mn usa
    Not exactly an RDA, buuuut u may want to look into a REO. It's basically dripping from the bottom. The reomizer 2.0 is insanely easy to build a coil and throat hit is great with the stock air hole. I have been vaping for over 3 yrs and am saddened to see everything moving towards massive air holes and wide bore tips u can barely get your mouth around. I have been and always will be m2l. I have vaped 24 mg for my whole vaping career lol and love a great throat hit still

CagedSpam

ECF Veteran
    Mar 12, 2015
    FoPo, Oregon
    Mtl vaper here. Using a Reo and Rm2 and vicious ant cyclone - loving them. So I get some velocity clones thinking these will be great, everyone else loves them. I'll still put some time into them but these really don't feel like good single coil mtl RDAs.

Having said that I did find some @ desertvapes,

Ehpro Atomic RDA
    UD IGO-W RDA
    Tobeco Little Boy RDA
    Ehpro Marquis RDA SS
    UD IGO-L RDA

Many of these seem to have some of the qualities the OP is seeking. I'll be trying them as funds allow. But finding a small chamber RDA is quite the challenge.

Hope this helps someone

Magic Of Light

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Englewood Ohio
    Im still hunting for the SXK/Infinite Magma. Im still pretty dead set on that one. They got some in on fasttech, but they are going fast and im broke till i get my return money back about 7-10 days from now. They have 5 left, and 5 is what i was gonna buy...doubt they will still be there.

The only place I can find that has the infinite magma or sxk is royal vapor, but they are asking like 35 bucks for it...which aint gonna happen when i can get one from hcigar for 10. Anyone know of anywhere that has the sxk version still? Cause that one was very highly praised.

Magic Of Light

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Englewood Ohio
    Ok so I got lucky at FT. They got some Magma 1:1 in 2 days ago, but sold them ALL within 24 hours, except the black ones, there was 2 left so i ordered them. Also got a few of the Narda on the way as well. That Narda looks like exactly what im wanting, simple, easy to coil, not massive, not 2000cfm airflow. Thanks for the tip on that one tpedwards!

Reactions: BrotherBob
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread