I'm jealous! I want some new 'vape buds'

Status
Not open for further replies.

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
Well, like it says, I've been a member since October. I've been vaping about that amount of time. (found ECF a couple of days after I started vaping). I found vendors, ordered juices, ordered better e-cigs, etc. I read that taste buds are wonky at first, but then they straighten up and fly right (most of the time...). Well, my first juices were either tasteless or really funky tasting (and too low in nic.) I discovered FSUSA and ordered some "fun" juices that I was sure that I would love at a higher nic. level. Well, at least I had a higher nic. level. The flavors that I love most in food, I can't taste!!! (and still can't.) I vaped through an entire 10ml bottle of peanut butter cup without tasting either the peanut butter or the chocolate. Almond Joy, I got no chocolate. Mostly anything that contains a chocolate flavor, I get a burning sensation in the throat. I got a sample of hopscotch with my order, and had the same results. I still don't know what hopscotch is supposed to taste like! I guess that I could order double flavor, but how do I know that (I want to order 2X as much of a flavor that I can't taste. I had high hopes for Cappuccino Smooth. But I don't taste any coffee in it! Not a problem though, because if I want to taste coffee all I have to do is vape the "cocoa chaos" that I got because to me that tastes just like coffee! I love my Pure Cig with menthol and my Ry4, and most fruit flavors, but I want to be able to taste something fun!! My mouth is watering for snickerz for example, but I don't know if I would be able to taste it! (I can't taste caramel either!) ARRGGGHHH! (By the way, I have the same problem with other vendors juices---can't taste caramel, chocolate, peanut butter with them either. I don't know that I can taste nuts either--and I so wanted to try the mixed nuts.... :(

wingscup

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2010
Michigan
I have had similar problems with my taste. I do highly recommend getting 2x flavor. That has helped me with Cap. Smooth and Peanut Butter Cup. I also hope to get my buds back but in the mean time this has helped with their juices. I think they side on the lighter side of flavorings to begin with. Just my experiences. Good Luck!

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
Hi. I have similar problems too, have you tried the tobacco flavors? I hear the wyat earp is a good one. When I get some extra money, i want to try that one.

Yeah, I taste the tobacco flavors. I usually vape Pure Cig or Ry4. I've sampled Mar/boro and 555. I'm too chicken to try the WE. I've read too many people taste licorice in it (whether it's in there or not) and I don't want to take a chance. I still can taste BAD flavors very well!

Redneck500

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Yeah, I taste the tobacco flavors. I usually vape Pure Cig or Ry4. I've sampled Mar/boro and 555. I'm too chicken to try the WE. I've read too many people taste licorice in it (whether it's in there or not) and I don't want to take a chance. I still can taste BAD flavors very well!

Hmm, it could be that your a tobacco flavor kind of person. Theres nothing wrong with that. I guess some folks just don't identify to much with the sweet flavors. I enjoy personally stuff like Fig Newton, coffee flavors, and things like lite chocolate flavors. Keep looking, and I know your gonna find what your looking for. With a kitten like that, I have faith in you ;)

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
Hmm, it could be that your a tobacco flavor kind of person. Theres nothing wrong with that. I guess some folks just don't identify to much with the sweet flavors. I enjoy personally stuff like Fig Newton, coffee flavors, and things like lite chocolate flavors. Keep looking, and I know your gonna find what your looking for. With a kitten like that, I have faith in you ;)

But I don't WANT to be a tobacco flavor kind of person!!! I want to be a chocoholic kind of person just like in real life!! I want to be able to vape a snickers bar! (I want to be able to vape fig newtons too, but I'm scared to try because anything that I REALLY like, I can't taste! Chocolate covered caramels! Since when I vape chocolate, I taste coffee, maybe a strong coffee taste would taste like chocolate....I hear about wonderful flavors that I want to try, but who knows what they'll taste like to me.

Celebran

ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2010
Eureka, CA
I had to get the thin mint with extra flavor to start noticing the chocolate as well. I tried the 2x of it but it was too much so I ended up cutting it with hypnotic mist. I haven't had great luck with butterscotch or hopscotch yet either, but they are getting better as they age. It may be either the bottle steeping or my taste buds straightening up, either way the smell is amazing but my ability to taste it hasn't caught up yet. Just think though, those bottles that you can't really taste yet are getting the aging that some of them need instead of being vaped right up ;)

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas

But I don't want to be a tobacco flavor kind of person. I've been a tobacco flavor kind of person for 37 years! I want to be a fun flavor type of person! I want to taste snickerz, and fig newtons, and chocolate caramels. I love coffee in real life (like Community dark roast) but I want to experience something different! I LOVE sweet flavors! (if I could only taste chocolate, caramel, fig newtons, or a good bread pudding, or Steen's syrup. (actually, I think that I would kill to be able to vape Steen's syrup. :laugh: but I guess there's no chance of that...)

Redneck500

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2010
Raleigh, NC
I think what you should do is wait until the next big sale, and buy a bunch of samples like I did. I bought about 20 samples when they had their 1/2 off sample special, and found a lot of delicious flavors. I am starting to think that 37 yeears of smoking may have taken away some of your taste buds, but don't worry, with time I think you will regain most of that, but it's a process not an event. Heck, you may be vaping stuff now that you don't like and in another 6 months, it may be WONDERFUL to you. Trust me, I have confidence your gonna be able to enjoy all the good flavors again ;)

But I don't want to be a tobacco flavor kind of person. I've been a tobacco flavor kind of person for 37 years! I want to be a fun flavor type of person! I want to taste snickerz, and fig newtons, and chocolate caramels. I love coffee in real life (like Community dark roast) but I want to experience something different! I LOVE sweet flavors! (if I could only taste chocolate, caramel, fig newtons, or a good bread pudding, or Steen's syrup. (actually, I think that I would kill to be able to vape Steen's syrup. :laugh: but I guess there's no chance of that...)

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
I think what you should do is wait until the next big sale, and buy a bunch of samples like I did. I bought about 20 samples when they had their 1/2 off sample special, and found a lot of delicious flavors. I am starting to think that 37 yeears of smoking may have taken away some of your taste buds, but don't worry, with time I think you will regain most of that, but it's a process not an event. Heck, you may be vaping stuff now that you don't like and in another 6 months, it may be WONDERFUL to you. Trust me, I have confidence your gonna be able to enjoy all the good flavors again ;)

Maybe by then, FSUSA will come out with a buttered biscuit with steen's syrup vape. :lol:

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
Hey chimney. You know what you need? Try CoffeeX. Its a strong, black coffee. Not really one of my big time favorites, but you sound like it would fit you just right. If I want a little extra punch with my Cappuccino Smooth I add a couple drops of this to it and it enhances the flavor - it doesn't mess it up. In fact, I would guess that CoffeeX is one of the ingredients of CapSmooth. Get a sample and give it a try.

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
Hey chimney. You know what you need? Try CoffeeX. Its a strong, black coffee. Not really one of my big time favorites, but you sound like it would fit you just right. If I want a little extra punch with my Cappuccino Smooth I add a couple drops of this to it and it enhances the flavor - it doesn't mess it up. In fact, I would guess that CoffeeX is one of the ingredients of CapSmooth. Get a sample and give it a try.

But I know that I can taste coffee. It's chocolate that I can't taste! Chocolate juices to me tastes like coffee. Hey, maybe if I get the coffeeX, it will taste like chocolate to me! I'll have to try it. (and on the cappuccino smooth, I'm getting more smooth than cappuccino.) On hopscotch, I get nothing.

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
Oh ... in your OP you said "I had high hopes for Cappuccino Smooth. But I don't taste any coffee in it!" That's why I suggested the CoffeeX, add a bit and try that with the CapSmooth.

And the Wyatt Earp has NO licorice in it. That's straight from a previous post by David. Wyatt Earp has been my long-time daily vape and I've never detected anything like licorice or the anise that some people report tasting.

HopScotch is like butterscotch with (maybe) maple mixed with it (not sure about that) and you might want to go X's2 on the flavor. I'd think it would be real good like that and you should be able to taste it.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
Well, like it says, I've been a member since October. I've been vaping about that amount of time. (found ECF a couple of days after I started vaping). I found vendors, ordered juices, ordered better e-cigs, etc. I read that taste buds are wonky at first, but then they straighten up and fly right (most of the time...). Well, my first juices were either tasteless or really funky tasting (and too low in nic.) I discovered FSUSA and ordered some "fun" juices that I was sure that I would love at a higher nic. level. Well, at least I had a higher nic. level. The flavors that I love most in food, I can't taste!!! (and still can't.) I vaped through an entire 10ml bottle of peanut butter cup without tasting either the peanut butter or the chocolate. Almond Joy, I got no chocolate. Mostly anything that contains a chocolate flavor, I get a burning sensation in the throat. I got a sample of hopscotch with my order, and had the same results. I still don't know what hopscotch is supposed to taste like! I guess that I could order double flavor, but how do I know that (I want to order 2X as much of a flavor that I can't taste. I had high hopes for Cappuccino Smooth. But I don't taste any coffee in it! Not a problem though, because if I want to taste coffee all I have to do is vape the "cocoa chaos" that I got because to me that tastes just like coffee! I love my Pure Cig with menthol and my Ry4, and most fruit flavors, but I want to be able to taste something fun!! My mouth is watering for snickerz for example, but I don't know if I would be able to taste it! (I can't taste caramel either!) ARRGGGHHH! (By the way, I have the same problem with other vendors juices---can't taste caramel, chocolate, peanut butter with them either. I don't know that I can taste nuts either--and I so wanted to try the mixed nuts.... :(

Get the Tiramisu. You will taste the coffee and the sweet flavors. It is the strongest, sweetest coffee flavor that I have ever tasted.

BTW- Have you tried letting any of your sweet flavors sit for a week or two before vaping? I always do and the sweet flavors really take time for the flavors to pop out.

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
Get the Tiramisu. You will taste the coffee and the sweet flavors. It is the strongest, sweetest coffee flavor that I have ever tasted.

BTW- Have you tried letting any of your sweet flavors sit for a week or two before vaping? I always do and the sweet flavors really take time for the flavors to pop out.

I can taste coffee (usually), it's chocolate that is one of my biggest lack. And I have gotten to the point where juices are able to sit a couple of weeks before I have to turn to them and other than the tobaccos, nothing seems to change with them.

k5blazer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2010
Fredericksburg, VA
I have zero taste of chocolate either in almond pleasure or thin mint, but i still like them both...I've turned to fruity stuff, seems to be more accurate flavors to me...I like the peach tea, apple anything, strawberry anything so far...The Wyatt earp to me has a very licorice, anise flavor, I can't tell you how much i dislike these two flavors...Strange thing is, WE is one of my absolute favorite vapes...Go figure...

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
The Wyatt earp to me has a very licorice, anise flavor, I can't tell you how much i dislike these two flavors...Strange thing is, WE is one of my absolute favorite vapes...Go figure...

I've heard that there's no licorice/anise in WE but so many people say that that's what they taste. I can't STAND the taste of either! So it's surprising to hear you say that you like WE. And I will add that the no chocolate or caramel taste is across the board with several vendors. My taste buds are just plain wonky!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread