I'm looking for a specific tobacco flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

purelyscientific

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2012
NewYork
I tried some RedPirate juice from want2vape a while back and it was excellent. It is expensive though so I want to try and make it myself. Only problem is that they don't sell the concentrated flavoring.

They say it is based on chewing tobacco. It smells EXACTLY like chewing tobacco.
It tastes earthy, woodsy, with a very minuscule hint of pine/evergreen with no chewing tobacco taste whatsoever.
It tastes like a brown, dried out pinecone smells. There isn't any sweetness to it.

Does anyone know a flavoring which has these qualities? Or maybe know which type of tobacco they use in chewing tobacco?
I was thinking maybe burley or virginia based on what I've heard. Its defiantly not 555.

Any help would be much appreciated. I don't want to buy a bunch of flavors to only find this specific one.

Last edited:

ericoahu

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2012
Oahu
I don't want to buy a bunch of flavors to only find this specific one.
That's what the person who created that juice had to do to develop it in addition to a whole lot of trial and error. You seem to be asking for the fruits of their labor without paying for it.

Personally, I don't try to clone someone else's creation. The fun in diy is making my own.

purelyscientific

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2012
NewYork
I'm not asking for their recipe. I'm asking if anyone has made a juice with similar nuances and what flavorings they used.
If someone asked if blueberry from TFA resembled blueberry from lorann you wouldn't tell them that since other people had to pay for it to find out, that they have to also. This sub forum is for spreading knowledge about flavors and other DIY topics, I don't think I'm out of line for asking such a question.

glassmanoak

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
Lafayette, La
You seem to be asking for the fruits of their labor without paying for it.

Personally, I don't try to clone someone else's creation. The fun in diy is making my own.

This sub forum is for spreading knowledge about flavors and other DIY topics, I don't think I'm out of line for asking such a question.

DIY is fun, but if you like a certain type of flavor, why not ask someone else where they might start. It's not like asking for the formula to Coca-Cola or something. It's wanting a certain flavor profile, not a clone!

ericoahu

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2012
Oahu
I'm not asking for their recipe. I'm asking if anyone has made a juice with similar nuances and what flavorings they used.
If someone asked if blueberry from TFA resembled blueberry from lorann you wouldn't tell them that since other people had to pay for it to find out, that they have to also. This sub forum is for spreading knowledge about flavors and other DIY topics, I don't think I'm out of line for asking such a question.

You are right. I misunderstood what you are looking for. I sincerely apologize.

ericoahu

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2012
Oahu

This sub forum is for spreading knowledge about flavors and other DIY topics, I don't think I'm out of line for asking such a question.

DIY is fun, but if you like a certain type of flavor, why not ask someone else where they might start. It's not like asking for the formula to Coca-Cola or something. It's wanting a certain flavor profile, not a clone!

I have apologized. The source of my confustion was this:

I tried some RedPirate juice... It is expensive though so I want to try and make it myself. Only problem is that they don't sell the concentrated flavoring.

At first glance, it looked like not only was he looking for the formula, he was trying to buy the Coca-cola syrup to add to carbonated water at home. My mistake and apologies again for my hasty conclusion.

purelyscientific

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2012
NewYork
I'm just looking for a flavoring with woodsy, earthy, rich notes and second flavoring
with pine/evergreen notes

I would mix them with maybe a 10-1 ratio. I feel that would make a flavoring close to what I want.
Does anyone have experience with tobacco flavorings know a good tobacco flavor which has a woodsy/earthy taste?

gramakittycat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
I think there is a table of tobacco flavors and their specific charactaristics on the Flavor Arts website .If anyone can jump in that has a link to it :) Me, I love Vapor Stations Phoenix and my attempts to make something close are numorus but though I have'nt come close I've learned alot about DIY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread