I'm new to this vaping lark

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Welcome to ECF, TIm. Mechs are interesting devices. Having a background in electronics you know what a 30A lithium cell can do when it dead shorts in a pocket, so I won't go further into that.

Regulated mods offer many more features like adjustable wattage, temperature control, and informative LED and LCD displays that provide all the info you need to monitor your vape parameters, not the least of which is battery level indicators so you don't suddenly run out of vape time. :)

Madmodder

Jun 17, 2019
Folkestone, Kent, UK.
Darkstar... Haven't heard of them, but the recipie names look familiar. We're they totally wicked eliquid by chance?

Sent from my XT1765 using Tapatalk

Not that I am aware, they are based in Leeds, my friend who got me into vaping only shops there. In the UK they are probably the best value, often doing bundles because the nicotine situation here is stupid :(

Reactions: stols001

Madmodder

Jun 17, 2019
Folkestone, Kent, UK.
Welcome to ECF, TIm. Mechs are interesting devices. Having a background in electronics you know what a 30A lithium cell can do when it dead shorts in a pocket, so I won't go further into that.

Regulated mods offer many more features like adjustable wattage, temperature control, and informative LED and LCD displays that provide all the info you need to monitor your vape parameters, not the least of which is battery level indicators so you don't suddenly run out of vape time. :)

I do own a noisy cricket since last weekend, It's given me the ability to vape in a more controlled way, plus I have a couple of mech mods when I want maybe a harder vape... As to something more sophisticated I'll probably have to wait a while. Funds are quite restrictive at the moment...

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
I do own a noisy cricket since last weekend, It's given me the ability to vape in a more controlled way, plus I have a couple of mech mods when I want maybe a harder vape... As to something more sophisticated I'll probably have to wait a while. Funds are quite restrictive at the moment...
Make sure to keep an eye on vapecrawler.com and cheapvaping.deals as they have most of the good hardware deals. I myself am waiting on my first mech in the post... A just in case the FDA decides to ban stuff like the EU. My state already put a 40%tax on e-cigarette stuff... Totally wicked is also a UK company, been around a while. They have a us operation also. The juice flavor names seem similar.

Sent from my XT1765 using Tapatalk

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Hello @Madmodder, from the mention of Totally Wicked I assume that you're based in the UK?

If so, I assume that you've been buying vaping gear exclusively in the UK? Best tip to save money on gear is to buy from Chinese etailers, you'll save a small fortune compared to UK prices and you can even source clone or copy atomisers.

So when you've got some spare time check out fasttech, 3fvape and 2fdeal. I think that you'll be surprised at the difference in cost.

And apologies for the late reply. Hope that you're well and take care.

Madmodder

Jun 17, 2019
Folkestone, Kent, UK.
Hello @Madmodder, from the mention of Totally Wicked I assume that you're based in the UK?

If so, I assume that you've been buying vaping gear exclusively in the UK? Best tip to save money on gear is to buy from Chinese etailers, you'll save a small fortune compared to UK prices and you can even source clone or copy atomisers.

So when you've got some spare time check out fasttech, 3fvape and 2fdeal. I think that you'll be surprised at the difference in cost.

And apologies for the late reply. Hope that you're well and take care.

Hey, thanks Mordacai.
I got a noisy cricket II25 for £25 (gearbest) delivered I guess that's good.
My friend who got me into vaping gave me a clone zombie mod, an infinite V3+ and I bought a vortice RDA from him for a few pounds and I bought a switch mod from him £50. The vortice works really well on the cricket.
I got a rebirth RDA (matte black for the switch mod) for £25
These are excellent vaping devices...
And yes from fasttech I got a pilot tab for about £13
So all in all I'm not doing so bad I reckon ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mordacai

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Glad to hear that you've been getting gear at reasonable prices @Madmodder, most if not all gear in the UK is way overpriced. Some places though do have some items at cheaper prices though, Evolutionvaping.co.uk come to mind with their clearance / bargain section.

Noticed an Entheon clone from a decent manufacturer at a low price, an original would put you back nearly £60. :eek:
Ulton Entheon 316SS RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer w/ BF Pin/ 24mm Beauty Ring - Silver

I'm trying not to justify getting a Steam Crave Glaz V1.1 for Squonking purposes at the moment (but that side and bottom airflow over the coils and chamber reducer look so intriguing and beguiling), they can be sought for around $35. Which isn't ridiculous and for some strange reason I'm having trouble finding them for sale in the UK.

Also, forgot to mention a fasttech tip. At checkout always try using the code MAP, as it can reduce item prices. And cheaper is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread