I'm new to vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyler

May 9, 2014
Hawaii
I just bought a Blowme ecig starter kit and I went down to my local store And I asked them if this was a reliable kit and they said they never heard of that brand before. So I was wondering if anyone has ever used or seen this brand and I am wondering if anyone used the battery because the guy I talked to said to just be carful because it's not a well known brand and there are cases of battery exploding due to the using the wrong charger or an a faulty battery. I'm and currently using the charger it came with.

Kyler

May 9, 2014
Hawaii
I've never heard of it either. Couldn't find it when I searched online and no youtube videos out on it either. It's most likely a knock-off of something. Have you tried using it yet?
Do you think it's safe and usable? I've been using it for about 2 months now. Do you think I should just trash it and get a new well known brand e cig? I plan on vaping for a while. The battery I use now is a 650mah and it's barely getting me through the day. Do you suggest I get a new and better battery or just stick to my battery I have now?

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Do you think it's safe and usable? I've been using it for about 2 months now. Do you think I should just trash it and get a new well known brand e cig? I plan on vaping for a while. The battery I use now is a 650mah and it's barely getting me through the day. Do you suggest I get a new and better battery or just stick to my battery I have now?

If you've been using it with no problem I'd keep using it. But it couldn't hurt to get new well known brand and use your current one as a backup. That would solve your issue of barely getting through the day.

You probably could get a kit -- ego-twist or vision spinner or evod twist (all 3 are basically the same but from 3 well known manufacturers) for under $40/50 depending upon the size of the battery.

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
I have a Vision spinner 1300mah and it's great.lasts into 2 days with heavy vaping and it's variable voltage so you can adjust the volts to bring out each juice flavor. It costs around 26 dollars from my vape store online. Shipping is SUPER fast. It's a great product. The joyetech charger is only 6 dollars so for around 32 dollars you would be set. I highly recommend the vision spinner. Check it out online and see what you think about it. It vapes great and variable voltage won't disappoint!

Kyler

May 9, 2014
Hawaii
Yea, I love mine! But a lot of new users don't like box mods. And it's heavy compared to a 600mAh ego-style devise.
I was thinking about getting a mod for awhile but in not familiar with it. If I were to get a mod what are my options? What are some good brands of mods? Are there diffrent types of mods? What is a good mod that's doesn't cost too much? What are good website that's sell them because only the volcano store is near me. When I buy them, do I need to but everything separate like the battery,charger,tank,etc?

May 8, 2014
San Diego
  • Deleted by The Ministry
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
I was thinking about getting a mod for awhile but in not familiar with it. If I were to get a mod what are my options? What are some good brands of mods? Are there diffrent types of mods? What is a good mod that's doesn't cost too much? What are good website that's sell them because only the volcano store is near me. When I buy them, do I need to but everything separate like the battery,charger,tank,etc?

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Vision_Spinner_Joye_Ego_C_Twist_Combo_p/vvs-c.htm

This one will let you pick and chose the whole thing. You want 2 batteries, so you have one to use while the other one is charging.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN

Check these blog post links by fellow member Baditude:

1. A Good Starter's Setup for a Beginning Vapor
2. Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods

If you see something you like go out to Youtube and look at some reviews. There are literally 100's of different vaping devises. Small, big, round, square, tall, short, light, heavy, etc. etc. the list goes on and on. It would be really well worth your time to visit as store if at all possible it you are looking to purchase something dramatically different from what you have. But I realize that is not always possible. Joyetech, Innokin (and their iTaste brand), and whoever makes the Vision Spinner are all well known manufacturers. There are many more as you move up the ladder from beginning to advanced devises.

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
A 650mah mod is likely not going to get many of us through the day, I have a 1100mah one, also a no-name one, it's a passthrough ego device. One that can be plugged into a computer & even if the battery is spent, will work.

Until I got my Astro clone this past January, that was my only vaping device for about 2 months. It doesn't have the charge hold time that it once did, nor quite the hitting power, but it still lasts through the day.

The better ego devices will have a charger that plugs into where the tank screws in & it's not advised to use higher powered chargers on them, the warranty if any, will be gone. I'm getting a new 1300mah ego (I believe it's evod twist) next month, that's a brand name & won't be a passthrough. Many of 650mah devices are sold as starter kits, some over the counter in 2 packs at convenience stores & some tobacco outlets.

It's best to purchase one from someone that you can trust, if possible, develop a relationship with a local distributor whose primary business isn't in selling tobacco products. More & more vape shops are opening most everywhere, where legal.

Cat

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I just bought a Blowme ecig starter kit and I went down to my local store And I asked them if this was a reliable kit and they said they never heard of that brand before. So I was wondering if anyone has ever used or seen this brand and I am wondering if anyone used the battery because the guy I talked to said to just be carful because it's not a well known brand and there are cases of battery exploding due to the using the wrong charger or an a faulty battery. I'm and currently using the charger it came with.

I've never heard of your particular kit but that doesn't mean it's not safe to use especially since you've been using it for a while anyway.
My first kit was also an unheard of "brand" but was essentially an eGo *styled* battery. It worked very well.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Hijack

Verified Member
May 7, 2014
Bournemouth, U.K
I've never heard of it either. Couldn't find it when I searched online and no youtube videos out on it either. It's most likely a knock-off of something. Have you tried using it yet?

A lot of companies and retailer get these standard eGO 650 kits and just put there own badge on the case, mine has the vape shop were I bought it's name on the case. If it works ok and the charger automatically switches off when battery is full then I wouldn't worry to much.

Nobodys 650 lasts all day I used to change mine 3 times a day. So after a month I got mod and the 2000mAh battery just last me till I go to bed, so I now just swap them over when I wake up.

Last edited:

Hijack

Verified Member
May 7, 2014
Bournemouth, U.K

Sorry I just worked out that you need to click the multi quote to put all in one post.

You want something that's simple to use, and the enough charge to last all day. The easiest to use would be a VV/VW witch stands for variable voltage/variable wattage. You just dial up the wattage till its how you like it, and leave it there. Innokin tend to be the most popular and are quality, they are not to expensive either. You will need a battery and charger unless you get a box mod with a built in battery. The MPV 2 has 2600mAh battery built in and comes with charger and tank. They will easily run all day and night.

If the box mod is not to your liking an SVD is a pretty good tube type mod, but with the longer of the battery options is a pretty tall thing. that one is made by innokin as well.

When you find something you like the look of, find a video review of it from https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCShPX44-EC3HtvKohu3Ws4A You will see how it looks and works before you part with your cash. Check out the 'Battle of the box mods' video and go from there.
Btw the screens don't flicker like you see in the video. That's just because of strobing effect from the camera.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread