I'm so mad at myself. Bought a pack of cigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

driving-pete

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Cleveland,TN
What was I thinking?
After such a long time not having an analog, Friday I was really stressed out with my job.
I walked in the store and bought a pack.:facepalm::facepalm:

I smoked 2 cigs right there and got pretty sick, but I didn't throw out the pack.
When I got home, I smoked another.
An hour later I was going to light up another, but thankfully I thought about it, and said do I rally want to start this again?.

I threw the pack out right there and then. This was friday, and now its sunday. I'm glad I threw it out when I did.
I'm just so pizzed that after all this time (almost on my 6 month anniversary) when I thought that I would never go back to analogs, that I could fall off the wagon like this.
I hope it never happens again.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
About a month ago my mom was rushed by ambulance to the ER. She's doing good now, but I was there for about 12 hours and rushed out of the house with a half charged pv that died. I have some tobacco here so I decided I was going to have 1 cigarette when I got home. I couldn't even make it though a whole cigarette. I can't believe I used to pay $8 for the pleasure of smoking that garbage. Granted, it was stale but man was that nasty!! Then I vaped and it actually tasted toooo good!

No, I guess we're always going to be addicts. Now I'm addicted to something that's not going to kill me and it tastes good!

I think with 177 days under your belt you're doing pretty great!

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
The thing I learned is to never say never.
I said I would never go back to analogs, and I really meant it. I was also so proud that after 30= years of smoking I finally kicked the habit. I guess one never really kicks it.

Congrats on throwing away the rest of the unfinished pack. Yeah, just about everyone here says or would like to say, "I'll never go back to smoking" but the reality is, we were smokers and for the rest of our lives we're only one cigarette away from being smokers again. You are to be congratulated because you did give in and smoke some cigs BUT you stopped after only a couple and returned to vaping. Try not to look at it as a negative but rather a positive that you chose to return to vaping and NOT go back to smoking.:)

DarwinUser

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2011
New York
I don't think you should be so hard on yourself for doing this. I've been vaping for little over 3 months now, but I do occasionally light-up (when drinking with friends and playing golf). It's usually 1 or 2 per occasion, and no, they don't taste good. It's more of a social thing, and I have no problem vaping again. I think I kicked the smoking habit, but not the social ties. Even with this, I've smoke less than a pack in those 3 months of vaping period, which in totality is a good thing.

Secti0n31

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
I will have the odd cig under certain circumstances. Dead batteries, malfunctioning cartos/attys, rough day at work, the list goes on. For me it's something like 2 cigs a month or less, and they both taste like .... It happens tho. Sometimes it's a lot easier to grab a smoke than it is to fiddle with a flooded atty or a gurgling carto. It happens. Don't beat yourself up.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
I'll admit it. I almost bummed a smoke off one of my coworkers the other day. I had my PV with me, but I just really had the urge because things have been so stressful at work lately. I stopped myself, but the thought was there. I would have really kicked myself if I had gone through with it. I've been vaping for 7 months!

Secti0n31

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
once in a bluemoon ill take like 2 drags off a friends smoke. Ends with me saying how do you still smoke these when you can vape blueberry muffins

I know right! My main vape tastes like peanut butter mixed with some toffee (2/3dekang ry4 and 1/3 TopVapor Nutty caramel) and my drips are wintergreen, watermelon, mandarin orange etc etc. Why would ya actively smoke tobacco when you could vape damn near anything?

maureengill

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Trainer PA
www.freedomsmokeusa.com
I was doing so well and had a stressful week. I smoked three cigarettes last week. Truthfully I don't even think it's a big deal. With the first one I got that headrush that I remember from way back when....the second and third one (on different days) were just meh. I'm trying not to stress myselft out further about it...stress kills.

pixiedust

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2011
Nevada
Don't worry about it. I'm sure that for the years you smoked, you (like most of us) lit up when under stress. It seems pretty normal that you would automatically gravitate back to them when you are going through a rough time. I refuse to tell myself I will never smoke again and prefer to just take it one day at a time. I am confident that if I ever 'slip' it wouldn't be for long before I went back to vaping though.

DrSarcasmo

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
Los Angeles
Don't beat yerself up over it, Pete. Most vapers I know backslided at least once. I know I did. I was vaping about a month and decided to try a cig again. Smoked half and ground it out thinking about how bad it tasted. Now it's been about 2 years and I haven't had a puff since then.

Don't stress about it as stress is what messes up yer health. Be proud ya didn't start again. I'm proud of ya! Just chill and enjoy a nice vape, my Brother...: ))

Dickie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread