Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
He said around 5 months

Seriously?

5 months of vaping less than 1ml of juice per day is not going to do much of anything unless you had some underlying disease already.

I thought with him just knowing this was caused by vaping that it was years of vaping, but a few months?

xcrazydx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2014
United States
Seriously?

5 months of vaping less than 1ml of juice per day is not going to do much of anything unless you had some underlying disease already.

I thought with him just knowing this was caused by vaping that it was years of vaping, but a few months?
He also mentioned he's 27, plays video games all day and he's obese. So....Who knows what he got into

ManiacMedic

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2015
I'm not going to just release all my medical records for the public to scrutinize to all hell. The only way they will know for sure is after i'm dead and they can perform tests on the actual tissue. This won't be very long from now anyways so hold your horses.

@ManiacMedic You are showing a restrictive pattern similar to me when my first abnormal tests came back. What about your FVC? Was it reduced along with your FEV1?
Negative. And my tests bounce from normal to abnormal. The only consistent pattern is my low fef25-75%. I have seen improvements though, but I quit vaping nearly a year ago. I keep up to date on health forums too look for similar issues.

At 1/10th of a tank though, I honestly doubt that it's electronic cigarette related, unless your body just absolutely did not tolerate the vapor well at all. Then you have to question if you were actually predisposed in a way not readily testable. Science is nowhere near up to par in terms of understanding or predicting certain risk factors.

If you are willing to send info to me on your test results, I am interested. At least pft's and blood results, and annotations on x-rays and ct's in personal message. Im sure we can just verbally extend HIPAA being I'm in the medical field myself, although I can not diagnose or treat anything and am just interested for personal reasons. How long did it take for symptoms to progress?

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
I just came across this study:

Inhibitory Effect of Nicotine on Experimental Hypersens

The incidence of hypersensitivity pneumonitis (HP) is lower in smokers than in nonsmokers. Because nicotine is immunosuppressive, we hypothesized that it could have a protective effect on HP induction in vivo. HP was induced in mice that were treated with nicotine either intraperitoneally (IP) (0.5 to 2.0 mg/kg/day) or intranasally (IN) (0.025 to 2.0 mg/kg/day). Both IP- and IN-treated animals had fewer bronchoalveolar lavage total cells and lymphocytes and a decreased lung tissue inflammation. IFN-γ but not interleukin-10 mRNA expression was reduced in lung tissue of 2.0-mg/kg IN-treated animals. To test the effect of nicotine on alveolar macrophages, AMJ2-C11 cells were treated with nicotine and stimulated with lipopolysaccharide or Saccharopolyspora rectivirgula, a causative agent of HP. Nicotine reduced tumor necrosis factor release and tumor necrosis factor, interleukin-10, and IFN-γ mRNA expression after stimulation and decreased CD80 expression by 55% in lipopolysaccharide-stimulated cells and by 41% in S. rectivirgula–stimulated cells. We conclude that nicotine could be, at least in part, responsible for the protection observed in smokers against HP. The inhibitory effect of nicotine on alveolar macrophages could be one of the mechanisms involved.

Nicotine itself is actually beneficial. There's even evidence it helps Alzheimer's patients.

Interesting enough, nicotine is also a treatment for the symptoms of ulcerative colitis, which is an autoimmune disease. From this abstract, nicotine may act a bit like methotrexate, a strong anti-inflammatory reagent often used in systemic autoimmune diseases, like lupus or rheumatoid arthritis. I am sure there is more info out there on this topic.

gwapes6

Account closed on request
Aug 12, 2015
You say your disease is getting worse?
I want to say I appreciate your effort in reading on the topic. HP is a type of Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis which has an acute and chronic form. My case is chronic which cannot be stopped even after the antigen is removed. Many say that HP in and of itself is a sudden onset of allergic inflammatory response to almost anything. Where once my lungs were not affected by most anything now have become over sensitive to almost anything and everything after being damaged by high wattage sub ohm vaping of 18mg over a period of time.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
See you guys jump all over HOW MUCH juice I used but completely ignore the potency and wattage I used. I'm not surprised.

@Train2 18mg flavorless juice from ECBLEND in a Sub Tank Plus. 1.2 ohm coil at 25 watts off an IPV3.

You realize 1.2 ohms is not subohming right? Below 1 ohms is subohming. And 25 watts is not that high. Still 1 ml a day at 25 watts on a 1.2 ohm coil is barely anything. I'm not dismissing your health issues at all. I do dismiss they were caused by 5 months of vaping 1 ml @ 25 watts.

BTW: just because your tank is a subtank doesn't mean you are subohming unless you put a coil in that is below 1ohms.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
4. Because my local vape shop told me 18 was 'regular' 5. Because when I googled "harsh vape' the results were posts in this forum talking about PG/VG ratio. 6. Because I didn't know what I was doing. Oh wait that was 2.

Many of the vape shop's have little to no knowledge about vaping. That doesn't surprise me at all. With you smoking only 10 cigarettes a week I would have suggested you start at 3mg nic...

However, I believe with your lungs being that sensitive I think plain pg/VG would have had the same effect on your lungs. To be honest, I think any amount would have agitated your already sensitive lungs. I think your disease was dormant and smoking masked it. Smoking actually numbs the lungs and throats. Cigarette makers add additives that cause a numbing effect. I think your lungs woke up after you stopped smoking. That's just from a little research.

I hope your lungs improve. Good luck.

xcrazydx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2014
United States
4. Because my local vape shop told me 18 was 'regular' 5. Because when I googled "harsh vape' the results were posts in this forum talking about PG/VG ratio. 6. Because I didn't know what I was doing. Oh wait that was 2.
Didn't it completely burn your throat? Have a sore throat constantly?

gwapes6

Account closed on request
Aug 12, 2015
hen what did you mean by harsh? Harsh on what?
For me the throat hit was STRONG. Almost no feeling in my lungs at all, def not a burn. But then again I was always weird like that. Smoking (OTHER STUFF) never made me cough and when I was sick I almost never had a cough. I guess naturally low cough reflex.

Last edited by a moderator:

xcrazydx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2014
United States
For me the throat hit was STRONG. Almost no feeling in my lungs at all, def not a burn. But then again I was always weird like that. Smoking (OTHER STUFF) never made me cough and when I was sick I almost never had a cough. I guess naturally low cough reflex.
All I can say is hopefully your lungs heal and everything gets better for you. We may never know what happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread