*Australia*
actually we will,

one of the guys came in and said that ----
any atty that was of the right ohms wold do the job--
he gave some specs too,
so as long as it is of the HV range of ohms, and does not trip the
safety PCB -- it would be fine --------

quoted from * Beavert *

I don't want to speak for anyone else ,but any atty or carto of an appropiate ohm rating should work. For instance something like a 1.5 ohm atty wouldn't work at all. That would draw 24 watts and 4 amps way too much. It would either pop your atty nearly instantly or hopefully activate the protection circuit on the batteries. Where as an 4ohm atty will provide a much more sane 9 watts and 1.5 amps. In short it doesn't matter which device you use when your using any high voltage device then you must select an atty or carto in the correct ohm range.

Last edited:

Nicko

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
China
I got my Indulgence in the mail today.

If anyone is considering the 6V, please be aware of two things.

1. The charger can only charge one battery at a time. It is not long enough to hold two 3V batteries. I'm lucky I ordered an extra charger.

2. Choosing the 6V option limits your choice of atty or carto. The atty that came with the kit works, but none of my others work on this. I took the advice offered here and tried my 3 ohm tank, but that didn't work either. Other users may have better luck.

There's nothing wrong with the Indulgence. I'm using it now with an 18650 3.7V battery and all my favorite cartos are performing well.

Davidyang

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2008
China
www.eastmall.net
I got my Indulgence in the mail today.

1. The charger can only charge one battery at a time. It is not long enough to hold two 3V batteries. I'm lucky I ordered an extra charger.

Hi NiCKO,

Thanks for your support, for the 6V 16340 starter kit, We finally have a new dual charger especially for 3.2V battery now.

Davidyang

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2008
China
www.eastmall.net
Most protected batts prevent a 'short' by detecting for 'over-current', i.e if the current is too high, it'll cut.
(some of them do this by measuring the voltage drop across an internal resistor)

The same rules apply to most HV mods; HV atty current will not hit that high-current mark, LR atties will.

Thanks Humpty, you helped a lot with the description:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread