Indulgence-V3 -- Life time guarantee for function

Status
Not open for further replies.

JQside

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Canada
Since the area around the atomizer connection is long and narrow, I'm wondering if an Ego type atomizer will work without an adapter. Can someone confirm?

I do realize that it wouldn't have the added and maybe necessary support of the outer set of screw threads that an Ego battery has.

This video shows that the Indulgence V3 is designed also to fit the Ego cone.

Indulgence electronic cigarette - YouTube

I'm still wondering if V3 has shorter sleeve version, or it accepts V2 parts.

Moe Szyslak

Jul 16, 2010
Dallas
I don't have my v3's yet, but they are on the way. This is what I what I know so far:

The v3 Indulgence is all one piece. No choice of tube lengths like the v2. It opens at the end, like some flashlights, and can accept an 18650 for 3.7v or 2x16340 for 6v. v3 will not work with v2 parts. The v2 has some threading issues and switch problems and I think the v3 is an attempt to fix these issues. Less parts to screw together and the switch looks like it is slightly different.

KAC_fenris

Aug 21, 2011
Philippines
I've had my Indy V3 replaced by a local dealer today due to a defect in the switch. It's weird that my first unit fired intermittently... sometimes it would fire, sometimes it won't. For the most part, a few days before it getting replaced, it wouldn't fire - even with a full-charged battery.

What I'm worried about is, after getting it replaced, how long will this replacement unit last? How long before the switch fails again?

How is the switch made anyway? Are there pictures of the inside of the switch?

KAC_fenris

Aug 21, 2011
Philippines
How long have you had yours?

At first I thought it was a pretty solid PV, but it broke within 3 weeks. The replacement unit works great (but that's because it's new) and the vapor production is strong - unlike my first one which slowly began dwindling... and it's not the atty, as I've been using the same atty.

--------

What's the difference with the Indy V3's that have vent holes? Mine has no vent holes at the bottom. Why are there different "looks" to them?

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
How long have you had yours?

At first I thought it was a pretty solid PV, but it broke within 3 weeks. The replacement unit works great (but that's because it's new) and the vapor production is strong - unlike my first one which slowly began dwindling... and it's not the atty, as I've been using the same atty.

--------

What's the difference with the Indy V3's that have vent holes? Mine has no vent holes at the bottom. Why are there different "looks" to them?

I don't know why they would be different. Where did you buy it? My two V2's have three vent holes the same as my V3. I bought my V2 from EM and the V3 from a US Supplier.
I've only had my V3 for a few weeks but I've had the V2 for over a year and it appears to have the same type of switch. You can replace the switch on the V2 but not the V3.

Last edited:

Fabsta

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2010
Jo'burg, South Africa
i had to replace the rubber grommet and center pin on mine after 2.5 weeks. Here's what the switch looks like.
Copy of 2012-01-10 13.11.31.jpg 2012-01-10 13.05.11 copy.jpg

Fabsta

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2010
Jo'burg, South Africa
It's just press-fitted in there. I used an appropriate sized socket with extention (on the inside of the tube where the battery goes) and a hammer while holding it in my hand. It popped right out. Getting it back on was a little tricky but not impossible. I didn't mark the body at all. The white circular thingie is threaded so it screws off.

Neon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2009
Earth
It's just press-fitted in there. I used an appropriate sized socket with extention (on the inside of the tube where the battery goes) and a hammer while holding it in my hand. It popped right out. Getting it back on was a little tricky but not impossible. I didn't mark the body at all. The white circular thingie is threaded so it screws off.[/QUOTE

Is that switch all mechanical or are there electronics in there somewhere? I own 2 of them and love them but always wanted to know what the guts look like. Thanks for posting the pics.

Neon

Last edited:

Fabsta

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2010
Jo'burg, South Africa
Is that switch all mechanical or are there electronics in there somewhere? I own 2 of them and love them but always wanted to know what the guts look like. Thanks for posting the pics.

Neon

I'm no expert but the switch itself does look mechanical. Put it this way, I didn't see any circuit board. ( i don't even own a soldering iron, had to borrow my neighbours lol)

Fabsta

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2010
Jo'burg, South Africa
So is the wire soldered onto the center post really part of the Indy V3 or is that the wire something you added and soldered onto the center post?

----------------

By the way, did you take any other pictures?

The wires were there. One is soldered to the center post that makes contact with your atty/carto and the other is soldered to another post that makes contact with the positive side of the battery ( this is the one you can see if you look in the battery tube). The only thing that I added was a rubber grommet and different center post. I lost the original center post so the one pictured is not the one that it came with. I got it off a 301to510 adapter that I'm not using anymore. Sorry I didn't take any other photos.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
i had to replace the rubber grommet and center pin on mine after 2.5 weeks. Here's what the switch looks like.
View attachment 73891 View attachment 73894

That's a bummer the switches are breaking. Is it a design problem? It seems like such a sturdy switch and they say in the advertisement that they have been tested to perform for a 1,000,000 clicks. Mine is still working good and I hope it continues. I really like the looks and feel of it better than the V-2 but the V2 at least has a replaceable switch.

Fabsta

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2010
Jo'burg, South Africa
That's a bummer the switches are breaking. Is it a design problem? It seems like such a sturdy switch and they say in the advertisement that they have been tested to perform for a 1,000,000 clicks. Mine is still working good and I hope it continues. I really like the looks and feel of it better than the V-2 but the V2 at least has a replaceable switch.

Hey tx. I ran into problems because of having to fiddle with the center post in order to use some cartos/attys. I found that after using boges for example, the center post was pushed down significantly and would not make contact when using other cartos. Too much adjusting and the grommet broke. I think the less you fiddle with the center post, the better. It is nice to know that it's fairly simple to repair if needs be. The switch itself seems very sturdy and I've heard of very few complaints about this pv.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Hey tx. I ran into problems because of having to fiddle with the center post in order to use some cartos/attys. I found that after using boges for example, the center post was pushed down significantly and would not make contact when using other cartos. Too much adjusting and the grommet broke. I think the less you fiddle with the center post, the better. It is nice to know that it's fairly simple to repair if needs be. The switch itself seems very sturdy and I've heard of very few complaints about this pv.

That is good to hear Fabsta I missunderstood I thought it was the switch that was the problem. Thanks for the tip on the center post. I haven't had to adjust mine yet but I will be sure to be careful if I do. I just put my first Boge on it this morning so I will see what happens when I switch cartos. Good to hear from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread