Impossible odds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwin Betz

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2018
Dayton, Ohio. USA
I purchased a Digiflavor Fugi GTA dual coil version. The build deck is positioned in the middle of the tank, so it's not a RDTA or RTA. I have tried my builds in this thing 3 or 4 times and it has leaked every time. I have tried extra thick wicking to the point where I could barely get it closed and it still leaked! Anyone else have any experience with this tank? I know trying to put a build in the middle of the juice well is just asking for trouble, but I refuse to give up! Any suggestions on how to solve this issue without throwing in the towel would be appreciated!
916f2bd805b297ff607a292f998af7a9.jpg

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It may be your build, it may also be your wick. Where are you positioning the build? You probably want it a few mm off the build deck, so it's not touching the airflow. You want your coil right over it, and as far as wicking (well, I use rayon) but the principles are similar-- tight in the coil, and then thin and trim the tails. With that style of deck, you don't have to have the wick all the way to the floor of the tank, either. I usually leave my tails hanging 3--4 mm below the deck, juice sloshes around enough that you should still get wicking. Also, capillary action of the wick works better (IMO) thinner, rather than thicker, as it actually wicks more easily if there isn't TOO much wicking as sometimes, juice can kind of "choke" in there and you'll wick less efficiently with more dry hits.

Good luck that's about all I've got. There's always the possibility that the tank is defective, I guess, but I'd watch a few YouTube reviews of what you have, paying particular attention to the build and the wicking. I do that with any new gear, and it hasn't really steered me wrong yet.

Best of luck,

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread