In a perfect case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaporPhreak

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2009
Indianapolis, IN
For a standard ecig (non-mod), my ideal case would be able to hold at least 6 batteries on one side of the case (preferably enough space for these to be either 801 batts or 510 mega bats), designated spots for 2 6ml bottles (or 10ml bottles like the YNDK 10ml), 3 - 5 slots for attomizers/cratomizers, a small pouch to hold an adapter or 2, and space to hold one fully assembled ecig. Also, ideally, the outer casing would be hard and durable. with a quality latch mechanism to keep it shut. Water proof would be nice.

:vapor::toast:

Paperclip/Tweezers
Papertowel

Hadn't thought of that, great idea.

Long story short folks, I'm a bit of a tinkerer and thing-a-ma-jig builder. If I can get enough of a response to this I'll start working on a case design that can suit the majority of users. I already have a few ideas on how to make it modular to suit different batt/model sizes.

Keep the ideas coming guys!

There are a few cases out there, some are bland and generic, a very small portion of them (only one that I've seen) seems to be even remotely nice. None of them really offer all the little features that would make me happy.

If I can get enough response to this I'll build a prototype and post it up here.

If ya'll like it I can start to build some for sale. I'm not looking to get into business per se but, well, let's see how this pans out.

quakereject

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Arizona
The perfect case?

Solar paneling on one side to recharge internal battery source that recharges 2 RCR123A's and 1 18650, big battery obviously cased in the bottom with changeability. Enough room for my chuck, 5 carts with condoms on them, a travel case of kleenex, a pair of tweezers and a small screwdriver. 4 holes for 5-10ml bottles of liquid, with inserts that expand/contract for the difference in bottle size, and a slot that holds 20 business cards.

Also, the ability to stow it in a pocket dimension and recall it at any time for use. Since this would be bulky to carry. :)

But that's a perfect scenario for me.

marclap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2010
Montreal, Qc, Canada
The Vapeboxz look interesting, but it still would't be something that I put money on. It looks really nice, I'm not nocking it at all, but it still leaves a bit to be desired in my opinion.

Yeah it's a little bit more expensive than what we might be used to, but I'm really impressed. Great quality, it's small and it looks so beautiful with my custom artwork on it :vapor:

So, what do you think its missing?

Upon second look it is a bit closer to what I imagined as an ideal case, but it still falls into the category of "empty tin." To be quite honest when I first saw it I thought "empty box" and moved on. I went back and looked closer and saw that there was some modularity with the foam inside.

So it is nicer than I originally thought, but is still not ideal for myself.

Thanks guys, keep coming with suggestions if you have them (or care:2cool:).

By the way, did anybody check out the Janty eGo prototype case? That is sweet.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Upon second look it is a bit closer to what I imagined as an ideal case, but it still falls into the category of "empty tin." To be quite honest when I first saw it I thought "empty box" and moved on. I went back and looked closer and saw that there was some modularity with the foam inside.

So it is nicer than I originally thought, but is still not ideal for myself.

Thanks guys, keep coming with suggestions if you have them (or care:2cool:).

By the way, did anybody check out the Janty eGo prototype case? That is sweet.
I appreciate the feedback! I actually left them as empty as possible intentionally.

Just as some friendly advice, with specific slots and pockets, it's hard to meet the needs of someone who owns an eGo vs. a basic 510 vs. a Sidesho vs. a KR808 with cartomizers - all with the same case. You'll also find it's hard to start making compartments and such and hold a lot of supplies, yet still stay in a "pocket" size - unless that isn't a goal for you. Oversized mods like the Chuck and the Silver Bullet just throw "pocket-sized" out the window anyhow! LOL! You'll want it to be at least 1 1/2" deep and over 7" for those. Anyhow, the less specific you make the interior, the more it can adjust to individual needs on a daily basis. What someone wants to take to work may be different than what they want to bring for a night out. I know I vape a bit more with a few cocktails! LOL ;) Hopefully that helps you a bit.

I look forward to seeing what you can come up with! :)

With the Janty eGo case, I think it's really cool-looking, but was really surprised to see it opened on the ends and not like a clamshell? I guess I would personally like to see all my stuff at a glance. What didn't you like about it?

Beleive me, I've only scratched the surface of what models are available and completly understand that satisfying everyone will be impossible.

The more closely I look at your cases the more I see how modular they are, or can be with a bit of tweaking.

Hell, maybe I'll just get one of your cases, mod it, send it back to ya and see what ya think.

As far as the Janty eGo case, I thought it was going to be clam shell as well, then he popped the ends off!8-o

I think that is a fantastic idea but I would be concerned with stuff falling out.

sl1pg8r

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2010
The Internet
Hrm... the perfect case. It would be a little bigger than a pack of analogs. It'd hold a Chuck, SB, Janty V3, and room for several other mods, extra atties, extra bats, cartos, 25 10ml bottles.

Would also need to have...

46inch LCD
Full Keyboard
High Speed Internet
Blu-ray
7.1 surround
Xbox 360
PS3

and room for tweezers and a paperclip.

That's it!

-slip :matrix:

Status