In love with the protank!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nev NYC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Bronx, NY
I agree, every intermediate to experience vaper should have a Protank.. I have a few for when I'm out and about.. If you're not one to fiddle with some sort of RBA or prefer not to use a carto tank then the Protank is at the top as far as clearos if u factor in performance AND looks.. The iClear 30 is probably just as good but doesn't have as sleek a look on a mod or an ego..

metrabolic

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2013
Chandler, AZ
We are eventually going to try rebuildables, but haven't worked up the courage. I'm sure we well get there. I started with your standard clearomizers, found vivi Novas and was amazed, so the protank in my opinion is the Cadillac of clearomizer type, I have a evod coming in the mail so hoping it well compare to the protank.

KerryK

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2012
Madtown, WI
Yea, I love them, been using them pretty much all the time now.

I run Evod coils in mine (just cause I got a good deal on a 5 pack at DV) the draw tightened just a bit which I liked. I've seen quite a bit of chatter about them muting flavor or leaking, but I haven't experienced that yet. It might be because I store them upright, I think if they get too low and you lay them on their side too long they leak.

Jason McRoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2012
Tampa, FL
I just moved to a new city and the first thing I did was look up the local B&M vape shops. Went over to Tampa Vapor and perused their inventory. I saw the Protank and I really liked the look of it but I was not ready to pay the $20.00 for without knowing too much about it. I have been burned too many times.

I am an avid Vivi Nova user and I love that tank a lot. It was the first clearomizer that I bought that didn't leak or give me problems constantly.

However, after reading reviews and looking at the reviews on Youtube I decided to go for it yesterday and get one myself. WOW! So far I am sold completely! Now my only problem is that I like to vape 2 different juices at a time so until my next paycheck I am going to have to use the Protank alongside the Vivi. I still like the Vive, but the Protank IS my new tank.

BostonVape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2013
BeanTown
My protanks came apart.

I have three of them and they all broke.

The glue they use to hold the glass tank together is pretty terrible.

I liked them when they worked. I'll wait for revision 2 to try them again.

the new models are already available.. just make sure you get them in the smaller plastic packaging (if theres a way to tell) and not the huge duffel bag case it came in before lol

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
the new models are already available.. just make sure you get them in the smaller plastic packaging (if theres a way to tell) and not the huge duffel bag case it came in before lol

So the ones in the paper box are the good ones? If so then good cause thats what mine came in. I remember being kinda of bummed cause i didn't get the nice case. Now Im glad I didn't and I haven't had any problem with mine.

DirewolfUSMC

Victory to the Bold
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
Shorewood, IL, USA
So the ones in the paper box are the good ones? If so then good cause thats what mine came in. I remember being kinda of bummed cause i didn't get the nice case. Now Im glad I didn't and I haven't had any problem with mine.

You don't need the nice case, once you take it out and fill it you'll never look at or use the case again. At least I haven't.

BTW, I love my Pro Tanks. They work awesome and I have found a way to use the beauty ring to adjust the air draw on my vamo. :D

DirewolfUSMC

Victory to the Bold
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
Shorewood, IL, USA
The beauty ring is also a support ring. You should use it to support the 510 threads, cause they are not particularly strong.

I use Evod coils in mine, too. I think the flavor is much better with the evod coils, thicker and richer.

The beauty ring doesn't screw down into my vamo because it's flared, so I have to use my 510 adapter (same one I have to use for my MT3's because they don't fit the vamo either). The beauty ring then can be used on the adapter. Without it the Pro Tank screwed directly on the vamo is VERY airy, but using the beauty ring helps tighten draw. And slight adjustments to the snugness of the tank to the beauty ring helps adjust the air flow even further.

volume control

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Mass
The beauty ring doesn't screw down into my vamo because it's flared, so I have to use my 510 adapter (same one I have to use for my MT3's because they don't fit the vamo either). The beauty ring then can be used on the adapter. Without it the Pro Tank screwed directly on the vamo is VERY airy, but using the beauty ring helps tighten draw. And slight adjustments to the snugness of the tank to the beauty ring helps adjust the air flow even further.

You can get a standard beauty ring or ego thread cover. Mine slots in on the ego threads within and i can leave it lifted a little and it provides support to the protank. Ive wacked the thing a few times and i really think thats the thing thats saved it!

DirewolfUSMC

Victory to the Bold
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
Shorewood, IL, USA
You can get a standard beauty ring or ego thread cover. Mine slots in on the ego threads within and i can leave it lifted a little and it provides support to the protank. Ive wacked the thing a few times and i really think thats the thing thats saved it!

I've been thinking about doing that, but so far I've been ok. Now watch: I'm gonna end up whacking the tank today against something and the threads are gonna snap. :facepalm:

BTW, in case anyone is interested here's a Pro Tank for $15.06 when you use the coupon code "VAPORJOES"

Kanger Protank Clearomizer

theinlawjosie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
The Bluegrass State
I've been thinking about doing that, but so far I've been ok. Now watch: I'm gonna end up whacking the tank today against something and the threads are gonna snap. :facepalm:

BTW, in case anyone is interested here's a Pro Tank for $15.06 when you use the coupon code "VAPORJOES"

Kanger Protank Clearomizer

Thanks for the link and coupon code Direwolf (love the name, btw), Fathers Day is coming up and I've been looking around for sites with some decent hardware selections. Have you tried the dripping attys from this site?

unclestu

ECF Veteran
Apr 23, 2013
ALLENHURST, NJ, USA
I am new and I didn't like the taste with a carto and I didn't like not knowing my juice level. I went with the protank. I think from a nube perspective it is a must have. Easy to fill a tank lasts me a day. Easy to clean. No leaks or drips and I can vape any juice as it is pyrex not plastic. I also like thenidea of being able torebi=uild the head if i so desire. I now have 5 of em loaded with different juices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread