Inawera Strawberry concentrate - for ejuice (Shisha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zahlia

Nov 20, 2018
In my quest to find the perfect strawberry shisha ejuice I decided to make my own. I ordered the Inawera Strawberry concentrate.

I will be making a 30ML bottle using 100mg nicotine aiming for 3 percent nicotine.

The PG will be 30 and the VG will be 70.

I am not sure how much Inawera liquid to use. Have read on-line that this is a potent flavor. Also, not sure if I should add a slightly creamy touch or not. I did find one youtube video discussing this topic. But wanted to hear from others.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
@Zahlia Hello and welcome to the forums!!! Here is a post by one of the members here but I am not sure she is still active here so I will paste it for you as she swears by that brand for the strawberry taste. You could also type in strawberry shisha in the search bar top right and there will be quite a few posts on that flavor. Hope this helps! @AndriaD "My own...

Inawera Shisha Strawberry 16%
TFA DX Bavarian Cream 6%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 4.5%
CAP Sweet Cream 2%
TFA Sweetener 2%

So much for that 10% theory. :D

Andria "

Reactions: IDJoel

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Have you done any mixing before? I use the ejuice me Up calculator found here: eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator If you have not mixed before, it is Always best to start low on the percentages and increase as needed for taste because it is easier to add than to take out flavoring. Any questions, do not hesitate to ask as there are a lot of wonderful people here wiling to help out when ever we can. :D

Zahlia

Nov 20, 2018
@Zahlia Hello and welcome to the forums!!! Here is a post by one of the members here but I am not sure she is still active here so I will paste it for you as she swears by that brand for the strawberry taste. You could also type in strawberry shisha in the search bar top right and there will be quite a few posts on that flavor. Hope this helps! @AndriaD "My own...

TFA DX Bavarian Cream 6%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 4.5%
CAP Sweet Cream 2%
TFA Sweetener 2%

Andria "
Thank you I appreciate the recipe tips.

Zahlia

Nov 20, 2018
Have you done any mixing before? I use the ejuice me Up calculator found here: eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator If you have not mixed before, it is Always best to start low on the percentages and increase as needed for taste because it is easier to add than to take out flavoring. Any questions, do not hesitate to ask as there are a lot of wonderful people here wiling to help out when ever we can. :D

Started mixing only about a week ago. I tried that site but was still struggling with the right flavoring. Much appreciated.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL

TFA DX Bavarian Cream 6%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 4.5%
CAP Sweet Cream 2%
TFA Sweetener 2%

Andria "
Andria uses unusually high percentages and no she has moved on.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
I made a tasty strawberry mix with FA Red Touch Strawberry 3 % and TFA Strawberry 2% with 1% TFA Marshmallow. The marshmallow added a nice smoothness and mouthfeel. Great after 4 weeks but needed a slightly brighter strawberry hint or maybe a little raspberry... It's all gone now, 120mls... :cry:

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I am not sure how much Inawera liquid to use. Have read on-line that this is a potent flavor. Also, not sure if I should add a slightly creamy touch or not. I did find one youtube video discussing this topic. But wanted to hear from others.

Any help would be appreciated.
Depends on what you are wanting.

A lot of DIYers will use this in the 2-3% range, to get a "regular" strawberry note (no "shisha" presence). I can be used by itself, or in combination, with other strawberry concentrates. There is no "cream" note on its own, so if you are looking for that, it needs to be added.

If, on the other hand, you are wanting a true(r) "shisha" type of a vape... one that has the perfume/incense-like notes of tobacco, honey, and/or molasses that is associated with hooka smokers... that either has to be added, or try the INW strayberry Shisha at higher percentages.

On a personal note (strictly anecdotal); my first experience with INW Strawberry Shisha, was when I first started DIYing. An ECF member, @AndriaD, had a Strawberries and Cream recipe (the same one @Ablonz just posted above), that used it at a whopping 16%! I was new. The recipe got a fair amount of love across several ECF threads. So I tried it as written.

To me, it had a very distinct, identifiable, strawberry incense note to my palate. To be fair, I have not read anyone else describing it in the same manner. It could just be my own highly abused taste buds.

One other disclaimer: AndriaD was a MTL tootle-puffer, who liked high ohm (+/- 1.3Ω), lower wattage (+/- 13w), low vapor producing hardware. Depending on your own vaping preferences, and hardware choices; others may wish/need to reduce the flavor percentages.

I would encourage you, given you are new to this concentrate's flavor, to mix up several single flavor testers (sft's) at different percentages. Small 5mL bottles should be plenty to give you a more educated idea of what percentage might work best for you.

SFT's are not meant to give you a complete/complex recipe (though, sometimes, you discover a winning stand-alone!). They only better inform you, as to what percentage gives you the flavor, you like best. Once you get the percentage figured out; you can then consider, what else you might like to add to it, in order to get a more complete/satisfying final recipe.

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
The site I use is Dashvapes a Canadian local company. Users upload their favorite recipes and its easy to use. However, you're limited to the users flavor concentrates etc.,
I meant flavors that you have to make your own. That ejuice calculator is for the use of making your own juice. You enter in the flavor %, Nic mg, target Nic vg and pg and hit the calculate button. It will tell you how much of each to put in the bottle.

Zahlia

Nov 20, 2018
I meant flavors that you have to make your own. That ejuice calculator is for the use of making your own juice. You enter in the flavor %, Nic mg, target Nic vg and pg and hit the calculate button. It will tell you how much of each to put in the bottle.

As of right now I have the Inawera Strawberry, coconut and double apple. I also have (Dashvapes brand) Bavarian Dream, RY4, French Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and Marshmellow. I also have East Coast by Flavoh, Cigar Passion, Dark Tobacoo and Oakwood.

Reactions: Letitia

Zahlia

Nov 20, 2018
Depends on what you are wanting.

A lot of DIYers will use this in the 2-3% range, to get a "regular" strawberry note (no "shisha" presence). I can be used by itself, or in combination, with other strawberry concentrates. There is no "cream" note on its own, so if you are looking for that, it needs to be added.

If, on the other hand, you are wanting a true(r) "shisha" type of a vape... one that has the perfume/incense-like notes of tobacco, honey, and/or molasses that is associated with hooka smokers... that either has to be added, or try the INW strayberry Shisha at higher percentages.

On a personal note (strictly anecdotal); my first experience with INW Strawberry Shisha, was when I first started DIYing. An ECF member, @AndriaD, had a Strawberries and Cream recipe (the same one @Ablonz just posted above), that used it at a whopping 16%! I was new. The recipe got a fair amount of love across several ECF threads. So I tried it as written.

To me, it had a very distinct, identifiable, strawberry incense note to my palate. To be fair, I have not read anyone else describing it in the same manner. It could just be my own highly abused taste buds.

One other disclaimer: AndriaD was a MTL tootle-puffer, who liked high ohm (+/- 1.3Ω), lower wattage (+/- 13w), low vapor producing hardware. Depending on your own vaping preferences, and hardware choices; others may wish/need to reduce the flavor percentages.

I would encourage you, given you are new to this concentrate's flavor, to mix up several single flavor testers (sft's) at different percentages. Small 5mL bottles should be plenty to give you a more educated idea of what percentage might work best for you.

SFT's are not meant to give you a complete/complex recipe (though, sometimes, you discover a winning stand-alone!). They only better inform you, as to what percentage gives you the flavor, you like best. Once you get the percentage figured out; you can then consider, what else you might like to add to it, in order to get a more complete/satisfying final recipe.

Thank you for the detailed reply. I will certainly consider testing in smaller batches.

• Winner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread