Status
Not open for further replies.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
What flavour can I add to this recipe to just round of the 'fruity' portion of the recipe.? Nothing overpowering of course and nothing out of the ordinary, I certainly do not want to mute the strawberry I'm getting now but to just bring out maybe a slight 'tang'. As mentioned, I do have inawera shisa strawberry now in my collection. Or should I just leave this recipe alone for the time being?

Thanks everybody.
Common additions to compliment, bolster, and fill out strawberry, are:
Dragon Fruit (multiple brands)
Pear (multiple brands)
Kiwi (multiple brands)
Watermelon (multiple brands)
Cactus (Inawera)

Kept at 10-20%, of the Strawberry portion of the recipe; any of these will add sweetness to the recipe, without adding too much of its own dominance.

This is kind of how each of these works for my particular palate (others may find different results):

Dragon Fruit is a light, sweet, rather nondescript, flavor that boost most fruits nicely, without adding much (if any) of its own discernible taste.

Pear behaves much like dragon fruit (though does have its own "canned fruit" flavor at higher percentages); but brings out a little more of the aromatic characteristic quality of strawberry.

Kiwi is a natural (popular?) pairing with strawberry; because its flavor is similar to strawberry.

Watermelon adds sweetness, and tends to take the strawberry to a more candied/jammy type of profile.

The INW Cactus has the added benefit of adding a moister/"juicier" mouthfeel as well. Just keep this one low; as (most) INW are rather potent. I would keep Cactus at/near the 10% (of total strawberry) range. Too much; and it can take on a bubble gum flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread