Including your "SmokeFree" sig in emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel2828

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Iowa
www.photolink.com
This may only work for Apple Mail but you PC users might want to try it as well. Go to a forum post that includes your "SmokeFree" signature. Drag your cursor over it to select it, then hit Edit > Copy or Command-C. Open Apple Mail Preferences > Signature and do an Edit > Paste or Command-V to paste the graphic into the signature box. Add any other text as desired and set it up as your default signature for any emails you send out thereafter. Alternately, if you have your own web site or web site service where you can upload an html file containing the SmokeFree code, you can do the same steps, but navigate to the page you uploaded to rather than one of your posts on the forums. It's pretty nifty. I've had a lot of people asking me about how to quit since including the code as my standard signature.

Update: Shoot. Maybe I spoke too soon. You CAN include the graphic in your signature, but it won't update automatically as I had hoped. You have to copy and paste the graphic in at least once a day apparently, either in your signature preferences or in individual emails. Bummer.

Last edited:

sibelius

Jun 17, 2009
United States
Dont know why but I could not do it on a PC :confused:
Even I created a new signature and copied the other text which is for websites/not for forums...that did not appear as a signature in the email as well... just appears as text

It`s a nice idea though... might try again

My first thought is that (perhaps) you haven't activated html in your e-mail app. Check to see if that's the case, and then try again... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread