Incorporating Ethel maltol with my vape juice

vcangler

Jan 21, 2024
I bought pure powdered ethyl maltol and I'm trying to find the mixture percentage to add to my vape juice. How much powder should I use to make 10 ml of vape juice? Can I add Ethel maltol straight to pre-mixed vape juice I bought at the store? I'm really hoping this makes my vaping experience more flavorful because all of the juices I buy over the counter I feel the flavors are extremely muted! I attached a picture of the powder I bought on Amazon.

Thank you so much!

Attachments

• 20240121_160640.jpg
    20240121_160640.jpg
    865.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Useful
Reactions: Izan

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
EM - ethyl maltol - won't unmute any flavors. It will sweeten them a bit.

Can't help with how to mix down from powder. I use so little sweeteners that the 10 ml bottle I got some years back is still more than half full.

If store juice is muted, uh... most of those are really heavily flavored. So maybe your gear? What do you put on top of your mod/battery? RTA? RDA? What brand and model, what coil and its resistance. Do you vape mtl, dtl, squonk... power level or temp control... and so on. Might be some adjustments there will bring back the flavor.

• Agree
Reactions: Letitia

vcangler

Jan 21, 2024
EM - ethyl maltol - won't unmute any flavors. It will sweeten them a bit.

Can't help with how to mix down from powder. I use so little sweeteners that the 10 ml bottle I got some years back is still more than half full.

If store juice is muted, uh... most of those are really heavily flavored. So maybe your gear? What do you put on top of your mod/battery? RTA? RDA? What brand and model, what coil and its resistance. Do you vape mtl, dtl, squonk... power level or temp control... and so on. Might be some adjustments there will bring back the flavor.
Thank you so much for your help... I use a Drag X Pro and use the Voopoo coil that is recommended for the juice. Not really using salt nic. but tried coastal cloud mango salt nic at 35% and the taste was the same, couldn't really taste the mango. Also bud flavors at flavor Barn with the same outcome.

Thanks again for your input!!!!

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Can I add Ethel maltol straight to pre-mixed vape juice I bought at the store? I'm really hoping this makes my vaping experience more flavorful because all of the juices I buy over the counter I feel the flavors are extremely muted!
Adding EM to your eliquids will mute them even more. EM's main purpose, as far as using it in eliquids, is to tone down harshness or "bitey" sensations that some flavorings can have...especially some of the fruity flavorings. Some use it to get a slight sweetness in their eliquids, but it wasn't made to be used as a "sweetener". In fact, many new to DIY will add more and more of it trying to make their DIY sweeter, but instead...they just end up muting the other flavorings the more EM they add.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
If a freshly purchased bottle is muted, it may be that it's a very freshly mixed. Let it steep for a couple of weeks and try it again. I bought a bottle of Strawberry Custard about 2 months ago and it was so bland, I was tempted to throw it out. Decided to wait for a bit and it's now coming into its own.

vcangler

Jan 21, 2024
I purchased fruity monster Mango passion fruit and it barely tastes like anything. That's why I'm trying to start making my own. I did buy the concentrates and the PG and VG and try a bunch of recipes but the flavor is still nothing close to The disposable vape taste. I like the fruity taste and really don't care about the tobacco. Just trying to get that flavor they have in the disposables.

Thank you!!

Reactions: Letitia

gloopdegurp

DIY Hack
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2022
Pennsylvania, USA
Hi, I just wanted to point out that the product in your picture is not ethyl maltol, but maltitol which is used as a sweetener.

(different chemical composition)
Screenshot_20240122_093309_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20240122_093400_Chrome.jpg

I'm not familiar with the use of maltitol in e-liquids but if that is what you actually have, then it might be worth looking into that before using it.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I purchased fruity monster Mango passion fruit and it barely tastes like anything. That's why I'm trying to start making my own. I did buy the concentrates and the PG and VG and try a bunch of recipes but the flavor is still nothing close to The disposable vape taste. I like the fruity taste and really don't care about the tobacco. Just trying to get that flavor they have in the disposables.

Thank you!!

Again, it may need to sit and "perc" for a bit before the flavors come into play. It's one of the things you'll learn when you start mixing your own liquids. Very rarely do they shine immediately upon mixing. They need to steep for a while before the flavors really pop and you get what you're looking for.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL

Thank you!!
Post one of your recipes and we can help you, possibly you are mixing the flavor percentages too high or low. Many concentrates mute if used too high.

Reactions: DavidOck

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I tried making juice with flavorings a View attachment 1007068 t 10% all the way up to 25% and I do not taste a difference. Here's one of my recipes. Thank you again for all of your help and input!
We need to what brand the flavors are. Surprised the calculator doesn't show the brand.

• Agree
Reactions: ShamrockPat

Users who are viewing this thread