Travel and Vaping Indonesia or Bali

Status
Not open for further replies.

leftfeild

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2011
Scotland
Before I left for Bali I could not find a single person giving any form of advice for taking ecigs to Indonesia or Bali. I'm just back from a trip to Bali and I took my ecigs. So if you're wondering, it's more than possible to do it and not be arrested as they are "illegal".

I took two 650mAh ego batteries in my carry on luggage and three big batteries for my lavatube. The egos had a CE2 on one and a 510 cartomiser on the other. I figured I should leave something vapable on them if I was asked what they were. No one asked at all and I went through security four times: once in Edinburgh (Scotland), Amsterdam, Singapore and Bali.

I left my lavatube with no batteries or attachments in my checked luggage and again, no one said anything.

The security in Bali seemed pretty lax. I had to put my checked and carry on through an X-ray machine but it seemed like they wouldn't care unless it was an obvious bomb.

Since the bombing a few years ago, expect a lot of security checks going into places like hotels and malls - just don't have anything like a provari or lavatube on show as they don't frisk you or look into your bags if they're not bulging full or anything.

I stealth vaped everywhere I went so I couldn't tell you how anyone would react if they saw you vaping. I'd guess they'd be pretty cool about it or try to sell you something because you stand out more.

Well, that's it from me. I hope someone else looking at taking an ecig into Indonesia finds this more helpful than my search for whether you can take ecigs in or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread