Inductive charging

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
I have seen these inductive charging plates for phones...came across one that is a full inductive charging transmitter/reciever

I wonder if someone could shoehorn one into a larger box mod to recharge without having to tie it into a USB port or swap out the batteries

DIY Wireless Charging Transmitter + Receiver Solution Module - Green + Golden (DC 5~12V) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Just imagine, setting your mod down on a plate for charging, then be able to pick it up without having a stupid cord stuck on it and have the battery freshly charged

Here is one, a "universal" that picks up the inductive charge signal and puts out 5vdc output. if this could fit inside say a MVP2 then tie it into the 5vdc input for charging?
http://dx.com/p/internal-universal-...receiver-module-w-micro-usb-port-black-242486

ideas?
discussions?

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Well, they have them for Egos already, so maybe someday soon?? Until then, personally I don't mind the cords on my ego PT's.

Much easier then regular ego chargers.
ah...yup, did a search called Qi charging...DUH

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...arging-mod-evic-leo-ego-c-evic-done-here.html
[image links are down there]

Honestly...with a teeny bit of trimming...I am sure you could get this inside a MVP2 or something
51JuzOUxKcL.01_SL500_.jpg

qi_charging.jpg

Last edited:

MikeWhy

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2013
It's just a big coil, maybe with a ferrite or just an air core. My electric toothbrush has one. It should pretty easy to figure how many wraps for 5V RMS. Rectify that, and stuff it onto the USB +P trace. Done.

That said, I'd hate to carry the coil, so it all ends up as a USB pluggable docking thingee, in which case you lose all the advantage of inductive charging.

I like my mechs. The ferrous body effectively shields everything inside from the primary winding. Aluminum and anything else conductive likely will be inefficient with eddy current losses. It might work for my woodies, which can be easily made to have room for the coil and the small bit of electronics. That's something to consider. Carry the ferrite wrapped coil all day, versus prying off the cover and swapping out the battery. Nah. The problem doesn't need solving. It works fine as is...

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
It's just a big coil, maybe with a ferrite or just an air core. My electric toothbrush has one. It should pretty easy to figure how many wraps for 5V RMS. Rectify that, and stuff it onto the USB +P trace. Done.

That said, I'd hate to carry the coil, so it all ends up as a USB pluggable docking thingee, in which case you lose all the advantage of inductive charging.

I like my mechs. The ferrous body effectively shields everything inside from the primary winding. Aluminum and anything else conductive likely will be inefficient with eddy current losses. It might work for my woodies, which can be easily made to have room for the coil and the small bit of electronics. That's something to consider. Carry the ferrite wrapped coil all day, versus prying off the cover and swapping out the battery. Nah. The problem doesn't need solving. It works fine as is...
actually I would love to have a charging pad on my desk and just place my mech there between vapes. I don't mind charging overnight and swapping bats but this would make it even better

Vapant

Apr 21, 2012
Cumbria UK
I'm loving mine now I have a vertical stand for the charger.
It's pretty handy as it's always charged and ready for out and about, plus it's better for batteries to be topped up rather than fully drained and full charged I believe.
I used the Powermat version with a Blackberry Curve pad, CGR18650CH and USB charger.

20131203_205820_zps5fd725e5.jpg

20131203_205718_zps8c660832.jpg

I like the idea of making my own coil though as the one I used was about 35mm X 55mm. (1-3/8" X 2-1/4")

ian-field

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Hertfordshire

My electric toothbrush is still going strong (so far!) - but when it eventually packs up, it could be the basis for a charging stand battery mod.

Chances are the battery is what will fail and it won't be easy to find a replacement that fits what's left of the casing - but that's just a bridge I'll have to cross when I get there.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
My electric toothbrush is still going strong (so far!) - but when it eventually packs up, it could be the basis for a charging stand battery mod.

Chances are the battery is what will fail and it won't be easy to find a replacement that fits what's left of the casing - but that's just a bridge I'll have to cross when I get there.
Believe it or not..it's probably a LiPo flat pack battery...and due to the RC industry, there are a GAZILLION options for replacement batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread