Indulgence V2 and V3 owners beware!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
I'm posting this to hopefully prevent anyone from getting injured. I owned a couple of the Indulgences and I have to say this is a device waiting for a major indecent to happen. My first ones just had an issue with over tightening causing the positive post insulator to break from over tightening a atty or carto on it. I just had my first hard short which continued when the button wasn't being pushed. I lucky just burn my finger tip badly and wasn't severely injured. I want to say if I wasn't using a Panasonic CGR18650CH I probably would be in the hospital from a catastrophic failure causing venting or even an explosion. These are the same batteries used in the AW IMR and Callie Customs batteries. I got my battery out of the device and it remained room temperature. I checked the battery to make sure it wasn't the cause and it meters out just fine and is in good condition. I'm not sure how come this happened, but I know it was firing with out the button being push, which makes me believe the switch is defective. I just want people to be careful and not to get hurt. I recommend to anyone using this device to throw it in the garbage. This failure was not due to any kind of user error and it just seemed to happen out of nowhere!

terrilg70

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2011
NC
Just curious on what carto/clearo you were using on this when it happened. I had 2 eGo batteries self fire and hard short and now unfunctional after trying one of the large CE2 dual coils. Someone sent me one to try and I just threw it on my ego and it began to self fire and turn glowing red in a split second, that eGo never fired again afterward, thinking it was just an ego at its end I stupidly srew it onto another ego and again it self fired and instantly began glowing red hot that battery also never worked again. Glad I did not do this on my LT.

Joyetech Junkie

Jul 25, 2012
Fort Myers FL
The Vision V3 Clearomizer's are having problems with the eGo C and eGo T joyetech series. I have burnt out 4 battery's by simply screwing on the V3 clearomizer to my battery. Thought it was just time to replace it and bought new battery's. Bam!!!! It happen on new battery's to! The battery's blink 3 times and never work again. I tried charging them for 8 hours to fix them but it didn't work! I have contacted my vendor about this and sent my battery's back, maybe I should be sending off the clearomizer's also! I hope the company can figure out what is going on!

Joyetech Junkie

Jul 25, 2012
Fort Myers FL
I did some more research today and found one guy used a vision v3 and his battery blinked 3 times, heplugged his battery in over night and fixed the problem. when i tried it it didn't work for me. he said that it only blinked 3 times and he thought it was just time to put it on the charger but i know when my joyetech needs to be charged it blinks like 20 times. this could be a serious problem if people are using battery's that don't have the saftey features that Joyetech does! I am trying to get the word out so manufactorer's of the product can see what's going on before someone really does get hurt!

goonie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hey guys, I just got a used Indulgence V3 today and have experienced problems with the connector.

I over-tightened an atty onto it and it refused to fire. I was lucky enough NOT to break the insulator at the connection, but I did have to take a knife and raise the connection out of the unit. Basically I'm unable to completely tighten the connector down, so I used a 510-510 extension and tape to keep it steady.

Not ideal, but I guess you get what you pay for. Hopefully it holds up.

Foxman

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Trussville al
I did some more research today and found one guy used a vision v3 and his battery blinked 3 times, heplugged his battery in over night and fixed the problem. when i tried it it didn't work for me. he said that it only blinked 3 times and he thought it was just time to put it on the charger but i know when my joyetech needs to be charged it blinks like 20 times. this could be a serious problem if people are using battery's that don't have the saftey features that Joyetech does! I am trying to get the word out so manufactorer's of the product can see what's going on before someone really does get hurt!

My EGO would blink 3 times when I would rebuild a Stardust and have a short. When it was dead it would blink about 20 times.

Foxman

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Trussville al
Hey guys, I just got a used Indulgence V3 today and have experienced problems with the connector.

I over-tightened an atty onto it and it refused to fire. I was lucky enough NOT to break the insulator at the connection, but I did have to take a knife and raise the connection out of the unit. Basically I'm unable to completely tighten the connector down, so I used a 510-510 extension and tape to keep it steady.

Not ideal, but I guess you get what you pay for. Hopefully it holds up.

I WOULD NOT Use that indulgence. I personally had one and it was not worth melting down to make a pendant with. J M O

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
... I want to say if I wasn't using a Panasonic CGR18650CH I probably would be in the hospital from a catastrophic failure causing venting or even an explosion. These are the same batteries used in the AW IMR and Callie Customs batteries.
No they are not. The AW IMRs are made in China and most definitely are not Panasonics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread