Indulgence V3 Problems and Versions

Status
Not open for further replies.

heyah

Jul 29, 2009
I am on my second Indulgence V3 that does not work.

I received the first one a few weeks ago and it was not working from the start. I used my multimeter to check for continuity between the center post and ground and it showed they were connected. Since it was dead and that eastmall offered to replace it I decided to remove the center post to see what was going on. I noticed that there was no material to insulate the center post from the sides which is why I believe it is shorting. I had a dead riva battery laying around so i removed the center post from that to compare. On the riva I saw that the silicon washer was staggered so that it would insulate the sides of the center post as well as the top. I also noticed in the indulgence that the switch was connected to the center post with wire and solder which is strange since the device is marketed as mechanical.

I received a replacement today and connected my atomizer and right off the bat it didn't work. I suspected that the center post was too deep so i connected a 510 to ego adapter since those have a protruding center post and that fixed the problem but after a few minutes the indulgence stopped working again. So I got out the multimeter and found that the center post was again touching the ground like in the first one. So I suspect that once an atomizer or adapter is screwed on that the center post moves slightly off center and it begins to touch the ground due to lack of insulating material on on the side but I haven't taken this one apart to check for sure.

I saw the video review of an indulgence v3 in one of the other indulgence v3 threads and that device is slightly differnet from the two that I have received. The one in the video has vent holes on the bottom and threads to accept riva/ego cones where mine have neither. So I am hoping that one is a improved version and that i have just been unlucky so it would be nice to know if others are having success and with which version.

EMRocks

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
Youngstown, Ohio
Hi Heya,

It's always disheartening to see that someone has had an issue, and especially more than once with the same product :(

I actually haven't seen or heard of this issue before, but then again, I don't monitor the customer service emails, but no one has posted anything here about it. I will definitely pass this info along to David, although I do think your suspicions may be right in that there is still older stock in the inventory, and that it has been improved. Hopefully they have a way to distinguish the older ones from the newer ones if that is the case, so that they don't keep giving out older ones.

Unfortunately, all I can really do is tell you to send Selina another email at support@eastmall.net and I hope she gets it straightened around for you. Send me a PM with your website username and I'll sweeten the deal a little bit for ya :D I think you deserve that much!

JQside

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2011
Canada
I haven't even received mine and reading these kinds of threads is discouraging. But the chances of getting the good ones have been favorable for me so far. Just makes me wonder who exactly are involved in making these devices. Probably young people who just got out of school. Mind you this is not a portable drill or tablet device or something. This is nothing more than a flashlight. "Real" manufacturers need to get into the picture.

KAC_fenris

Aug 21, 2011
Philippines
Now that is very unfortunate. I got my Indy V3 from a local reseller (I'm from the Philippines, by the way) and have yet to experience any problems with it (I truly hope I don't). I've dropped it already a couple of times - one time on the pavement and it really fell hard! I was even afraid I had ruined the finish... But it held up pretty nicely, not a scratch!

Maybe third time's a charm?

humpty

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
HK
I just got mine today. It's the one without vent holes. But I'm not one to complain cos it was the free special offer for orders over $160. I'm just looking at the centre post now. There is a thin white plastic spacer surrounding it, but it's not staggered.
The centre post itself is quite sturdy, so I can't think how your's is moving to the side.
I'm not suggesting anything to you, but since mine is a freebie and if the same happened to me, I'd fill the gap with something like epoxy or hardening putty.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
The one I bought from a US vendor has vent holes at the bottom and an ego type connector. It works real good and I like it better than the V2 I have. You can vape at 6V or 3.7. I like it with the new Riva-T tank they make a great combo!

I bought 2 of them and haven't had any problems either. Both are setup for 6V with a dcc. No firing or switch problems and I use them daily.

I received mine Free with the December special. I'm using it with a 3.7V battery. I'm not loving it. It hits very airy and not alot of vape or throat hit. It has a HV-510 atty. Should I be using a different atty with this or just skip it and get a tank. I currently vape a ego-t and love it. Suggestions please?

Last edited:
Thanks..I thought that that atty was not right..I'll shop around for a LR. I'd like to find a dual coil Tank as I'll only vape this at home.

You don't want to use a HR unless you are using it at 6V. I wouldn't use anything over 3 ohm. LR work good at 3.7V. I like the Riva-T with it and the emdcc's too.

Darkside77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2011
Bruno SK
I have been using mine for a few days now and I love it. It hits like a champ I have tried it at 3.7, 6.0 and 7.2 with the right hardware for each voltage and it hits like a champ every time a HV atty at 7.2 is totally crazy by the way. Mine has the ego threads and three vent holes. I will be ordering a couple more in the months to come then send them to a local powder coater for the custom touch.

KAC_fenris

Aug 21, 2011
Philippines
I've been having problems with my V3...

There are times that it won't fire my LR atty (I tested the atty and it works fine). When I press the switch nothing happens... I tested if there was any voltage coming out the connector - there is! Checked if the center pin was pushed in, it wasnt - it was making good contact with the atomizer.

I tested it at 6volts (diff atty) and it fires. I switched back to my 3.7v setup and LR atty and all of a sudden it fired up! Weird!!!

EMRocks

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
Youngstown, Ohio
I've been having problems with my V3...

There are times that it won't fire my LR atty (I tested the atty and it works fine). When I press the switch nothing happens... I tested if there was any voltage coming out the connector - there is! Checked if the center pin was pushed in, it wasnt - it was making good contact with the atomizer.

I tested it at 6volts (diff atty) and it fires. I switched back to my 3.7v setup and LR atty and all of a sudden it fired up! Weird!!!

Yeah, the LR atties won't work on anything other than 3.7v. For 6v and higher, you have to use HV atties. The batteries won't supply voltage if the resistance is too low for the voltage output for safety reasons (namely to keep the batteries from frying).

KAC_fenris

Aug 21, 2011
Philippines
Yeah, the LR atties won't work on anything other than 3.7v. For 6v and higher, you have to use HV atties. The batteries won't supply voltage if the resistance is too low for the voltage output for safety reasons (namely to keep the batteries from frying).

I never used an LR atty above 3.7v...

What I meant was I had to try the Indy V3 using my 6v setup (6v + reg atty) first then switch back to my 3.7v setup (3.7v + LR atty) to get it to fire at 3.7v. It was like that for a couple of days until it just wouldn't work at 3.7v anymore.

I had the unit replaced and the replacement unit works fine, but I need it to last for at least a month without failing for me to be convinced of the switch's quality.

JAWS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2010
Cali
I picked mine up from a US supplier, they claim they fixed my floating center pin two time already, still not working. I wrote a review on his site and he deleted it and my account. Now he's selling the New Version VZ
and wanted me to pay for a new one. When it was working it was a great PV, for about 3 days, So good luck everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread